Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

3.7

I regrew my hair and you can too. -I've been bleaching my hair on and off since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So i decided to do something about it. My friend suggested Biotin when we were talking about my hair loss.
I’ve tried like 4 different brands until i found that the best one for me. Now i’m 26 and I've been taking Biotin every day for years. My hair and nails grow SO much quicker. Hair has increased in the rate and are so long now.
Also my energy levels are high. I remember that at the beginning i did heavy cardio and interval training which helped me lose weight fast but i did not realize how biotin played a part in my weight loss until AFTER i stopped working out. I continue to take biotin every day and now that I am no longer on my diet i eat whatever i want and i don't gain weight. It appears the biotin may be keeping my metabolism to the level it was at during my training. So i highly recommend it to you. For me the best is www.certifiedbiotin.com my friends also use this one.

on 8/5/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't tried this particular brand of biotin. However, I've been using nature's bounty 5,000mg biotin pills twice a day so basically I'm taking 10,000. I have to say I'm really shocked at the negative reviews this product has done wonders for my hair! its grown very long (mid-back) within 5 months and also improved the overall health of my hair! I love it.

on 6/16/2014 11:49:00 AM

I've been using Eu Natural Biotin 5000 mcg from Amazon since the start of the year and it works. My nails haven't been this strong in years and hair has been growing much quicker. Highly recommended you get this brand also since they use pure Biotin.

on 10/29/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I am a HUGE proponent in vitamin use. I take a multi every day, vitamin c, vitamin b complex, COQ10, fish oil, and biotin.

I think biotin gives your skin that extra healthy shine that we are all looking for. I feel like it has even improved my blemished slightly as well. Try it out and see if it works for you. I have a few girlfriends that swear it doesn't work for them but to each her own, I believe it is healthy and promotes healthy skin.

on 3/31/2013 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Add me to the group of reviewers who developed acne from taking Biotin ...

I never get cystic acne, I rarely break out and I have dry-normal skin. My skin care routine is simple: Purity Cleanser, PTR Unwrinkle Cream, PTR Unrinkle Peel Pads 5-7x week, manual/chemical exfoliation 2x week, and SPF30 with Vitamin C every morning.

I've been on Biotin for 4 days and have 2 large cystic bumps. :/

on 12/8/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I looked into this not for hair at all, but to see if it would have any positive benefit on my skin or nails (I pick at them way too much).

Every day after I take 1000mg of Biotin, I break out the next day. The first day, nothing happens. But the next day my I have acne. It's not huge ones, but it's enough to realize the two are connected. Lots of tiny ones and/or clogged skin. I can't continue trying it to see if it does anything special due to how fast it brings on acne. And about the fact that drinking lots of water may offset the acne property - I don't really like the taste of water (filtered, bottled, tap, etc) so I don't want to have to drink tons of water either.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Well i heard about Biotin from my step-mom and she told me it would make my hair grow faster in about 2 - 3 months. My hair is up to shoulder, dry and curly. I've tried everything i mean EVERYTHING to get it to grow! I started using it a week ago. I really hope Biotin works on m hair, i would kill for long hair right now.

Biotin does wonderful things for my nails and hair.........they grow like crazy! I have found that Biotin does not cause any acne symptoms for me. I take 5000mcg daily.

Bummer. I wanted this to see if it could strengthen my hair but within 3 days of starting to take it, I had a break out of 9 mini pimples. Not everyone can handle the biotin, I am one of those who can't.

Popular Treatments