Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by age: 30-35
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

2.9

I regrew my hair and you can too. -I've been bleaching my hair on and off since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So i decided to do something about it. My friend suggested Biotin when we were talking about my hair loss.
I’ve tried like 4 different brands until i found that the best one for me. Now i’m 26 and I've been taking Biotin every day for years. My hair and nails grow SO much quicker. Hair has increased in the rate and are so long now.
Also my energy levels are high. I remember that at the beginning i did heavy cardio and interval training which helped me lose weight fast but i did not realize how biotin played a part in my weight loss until AFTER i stopped working out. I continue to take biotin every day and now that I am no longer on my diet i eat whatever i want and i don't gain weight. It appears the biotin may be keeping my metabolism to the level it was at during my training. So i highly recommend it to you. For me the best is www.certifiedbiotin.com my friends also use this one.

on 10/24/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff gave me horrible deep cystic acne. I took it for about 4 months before I realized this was what was causing it. After I stopped taking the acne cleared up within a week. I may have never figured it out but I read a review for an acne face wash on amazon and the girl mentioned Biotin ended up being the cause of her acne. So glad I read that! My skin is acne prone to begin with, but not cystic, painful and all over like that. It was a very sad summer :(

on 9/28/2015 2:38:00 AM

I started taking biotin supplements and immediately noticed that my skin was covered in acne. I normally get a few spots a month but I woke up one morning with 20+ spots. I didn't connect it to the biotin at first because here I though these it would improve my skin and hair. I googled biotin and acne and saw that I wasn't alone. It's definitely not worth it to have nicer hair. Oh and I did drink plenty of water with the biotin and this still happened.

on 9/17/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I started taking a local brand of vegan friendly Biotin 5000mcg a few days ago. It's basically a powder that's been dispensed into a clear capsule. Anyways I don't usually experience negative reactions to supplements. However within a few minutes, my tummy started cramping and my heart started beating really fast to the point where I felt a bit faint. Both symptoms disappeared after about 3 hours. The next day, my face felt weird like I was due for a major acne attack. Luckily it never happened. This all despite me guzzling tons of water all day. So I decided to lay off the biotin for a few days and checked the net and lo and behold, it appears that all my symptoms are negative reactions to the biotin. Now its either that my body hates biotin or maybe the dosage is just too high. I've decided to go with the latter. Instead of turfing my capsules in the bin, I now take a capsule, separate it and carefully release at least half of the powder into a glass of water which I drink. It has no after taste and dissolves easily. I then re-close the capsules with the remaining powder and then place them back in the bottle until I need them for the next day. Thus far, no tummy cramps or crazy heart palpitations. I'm waiting to see if I get acne and I'll update you on that in a few weeks. If I do, I'll just lessen the dosage further. However biotin is very beneficial and if you want to use it go for a tolerable dosage that your body can handle. Don't be sucked into taking high doses unless your body can tolerate it. Rather take medium to slighly high doses and get results over a longer period of time than extremely high doses and get the shock of your life. Hope this helps all you ladies who are interested in taking biotin!

on 6/10/2015 8:13:00 PM

This review is for the Alive gummies which have biotin in them.I've taking these for about 2 months and they are awesome for hair growth I actually had to start taking one every other day because my hair was growing so quickly. I do see a difference in my nails too but not as much as my hair.If your hair grows slow,try these!

Broke me out in 3 days! Gave me a huge cystic spot and a few other little gems. I bought the gummies for my hair because it's very long but it sheds a lot so I thought biotin would help with that. Sadly I will never know because you couldn't pay me to take it again! I took 2500mcgs with food and tons of water and within 3 days and I didn't change my skin care regime I got 2 painful spots that are going away now. But the huge one still here! I'm drinking water like mad to flush this out of me. It's a good vitamin and I probably needed a lower dose. Now though I don't want to find out. The zit I have right now is so not worth loosing a couple of hairs. Just do your research before you take this that would be my advice from my experience with it.

on 12/30/2014 9:33:00 AM

I've been taking biotin for two months now (1.000 mcg capsules by solgar). First I started with one capsule a day (i was afraid of acne breakouts) and after three weeks with no ugly sideffects I doubled the dose. I can see big difference in my hair structure. it used to be extremly thin and now it is basically doubled in volume. It also grows fasetr than usual, but my main goal was the volume, not the length so i don't pay much attention to it :)
Everybody notices how my hair is shiny and looking very healthy. I will definitely continue to use the capsules, and i will boost my dosage to 3.000 mcg a day.
I believe your drastic breakouts occure because you take too high doses and basically shock your skin. Start slowly and work your way up to the satisfactory dose.
You still get your results with lower dosages, it just takes a bit more time (but worth it, since your skin does not go zombie style).

on 11/11/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Biotin gave me the breakout from hell, and no change with my hair. Use with caution.

on 11/8/2014 6:44:00 PM

I use the 10,000mcg Biotin capsules, and I do see a difference in my hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows. I'm prone to breakouts, with combination skin, and have had no breakouts since starting this vitamin.

on 11/3/2014 9:43:00 PM

My poor face! My hair is thin and lifeless so I tried biotin with disastrous results. I broke out immediately and the acne just kept getting worse. Not a good look for my 33 yr old skin.. People were asking me if I was a teen. It was that bad! It did help my hair but at what cost ? So my face looks awful and I have good hair? No thanks!! My face is still recovering from the acne marks.. I will never again use biotin.

Popular Treatments