Cle de Peau Concealer (All Shades)

Cle de Peau Concealer (All Shades)
Concealer (All Shades)Concealer (All Shades)Concealer (All Shades)Concealer (All Shades)

4.2

titanium dioxide, hydrogenated polydecene, cyclomethicone, mica, kaolin, CI 77492, diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, paraffin, sodium magnesium silicate, CI 77491, polyethylene, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, glycerin, barium sulfate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), peg-10 dimethicone, phytosteryl macadamiate, ci 77499, water, synthetic fluorphlogopite, butylene glycol, polysilicone-5, tocopheryl, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, aluminium hydroxide, alcohol, aluminium distearate, dimethicone, triethoxysilyethyl polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, prunus speciosa leaf extract,Old formula:Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Kaolin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Paraffin, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquisostearate, Carnuba, Mictocrystalline Wax, Water, Dimethicone Copoyol, Cholesteryl Hydroxsterate, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polysilicone-5, Tocoppheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Disterate, Simethicone, Methicone, Ascorbyl Dipalmiate, Soy Sterol, Sodium Acetylhaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not great for dry skin. Although it does cover my dark circles I find there is no slip. I first I tap with my finger (the warmth of my body softens the product, then go to concealer brush to even out. Too much fiddling and I feel like I'm contributing to my wrinkles! No issues with sensitivity and I have sensitive, dry skin. I've had this for over 2 yrs and have hardly put a dent in it, that's how often I've used it! All in all I feel this is much better suited for oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It does slide and doesn't cover evenly. Works better over powder. I have almond which is a great colour. Other than that I wish I had better things to say but I don't. I am under 30 yes old but this makes me look as though I have fine lines under my eyes which I do not. I wish I hadn't bought it . A concealer that works better is Vasanti the orange or peach liquid corrector, under foundation. Other than that the gold zguerlain click pen is also better.

on 5/13/2017 9:16:00 PM

I got a very generously sized sample from when I ordered something from nordstrom. I have a light touch with makeup and the sample pot will probably last at least a few months for me. They do sell the samples on eBay if you don't want to commit the cash to the full tube, or you're not sure of the color.

I had big, big problems with this in the winter. I had dry winter skin and this product was majorly settling into lines. Each time I tried it, I ended up taking it off because it looked so bad. Now that spring is here and my undereyes are in better shape, this still isn't the product I reach for, but I do see the appeal. I have a medium complexion with extreme dark circles. I don't wear foundation and typically just look for creamy, light concealing products that I can touch on lightly to diffuse the darkness instead of totally cover.

I have found this to work ok just blended over the bottom edges of my dark circles to soften them, but it does require layers, which I don't like to do as I feel it emphasizes lines and ages me (I'm 39).

I really like the ease and quickness of just swiping on the stick with the full sized product. I'd describe the finish as more powdery and blurring than creamy. No highlighting effect or skin brightening, more of a soft focus airbrush finish. I think many would really like this, but it just isn't right for me.

Would have been 4 lippies if it were half the price that it is.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am 35 years old, and have dark under eye circles and some fine lines under the eye. So I'm like Goldilocks picky when it comes to under eye concealer and I've tried so many (Mac, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Bare Essentials, Estée Lauder, Nars..) After years of debating about buying this .. I finally bit the bullet. I was hoping I wouldn't like it ($70??) but I love it. I am NC30 (medium tan with yellow under tones) and I got the Almond - that is the best match (better than Ochre , which is a tad darker) This concealer is highly pigmented so it actually does cover a good deal of darkness, it was creamy and went on smoothly and did not have major creasing issues. The finish is a silky powder? Hard to explain but wonderful. Also, although expensive you can barely rub your finger on top of the concealer and use a tiny bit and it covers so well that you don't need a lot. So actually, I do believe it will last me a year or more so the cost probably evens out to many mid priced concealers where you have to apply more. I don't think any concealer can cover 100% and not have any creases (it's concealer not a magician) but of all that I have tried it covered the best, had the best finish and creased the least. Worth mentioning, this performed the same as my Mac Prolongwear concealer, and that's $20. I even tested the Mac on one eye and Cle de Peu on the other- it was almost the same result and longevity. I do find the CDP easier and quicker to apply, and I liked the finish the best- but if you're looking for a concealer that doesn't break the bank and performs the same- the Mac Prolongwear concealer was just as good honestly. Again, I do think that the CDP will last longer than the Mac so the cost may even out anyhow. I will keep the CDP because I can apply so fast and it looks awesome.

So I finally am almost done with the tube I got. and I can confidently say that I won't be buying this again.
At first, the concealer did seem to be working ok for my undereye area to cover dark circles. However, the lasting effect is far too poor for its price. The coverage was on the medium side, definitely not high coverage. I work over 9hours, sometime 12 to 13 hours a day, this concealer usually creases under my eye and shows all the fine lines after working for 4 hours only! granted i work in a dusty environment (in a processing plant), but still, I had high hopes for this concealer. Have to say it is a little disappointing that it is not my HG concealer, in fact, I haven't found anything that can help cover my dark circles and eye bag/tear trough without creasing and lasting at least 8 hrs a day.... well the search continues.

on 4/23/2017 2:50:00 AM

Best of the best

on 4/8/2017 8:45:00 PM

This is, hands down, the best concealer I have ever used.
It blends and covers without being caky. It really gives me confidence on days I have a blemish.

Cruelty free and lasts a very very very long time. Worth every penny

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

If I ran out of this product, I MIGHT get it. Am still on the fence but I'll be on the "yes" side for now.

This concealer never finishes. I'm still on my first tube and have been using it for more than 2 years (slightly less than 1cm of product left). Yea I know it's time to dump this but it still works and my skin is still fine so I'll hang onto this for a little while more.

I have really bad dark circles (due to eczema) and need about 2 to 3 layers of this to completely cover the circles (plus a layer of Giorgio Armani's salmon colour corrector at the base). A lot of reviewers mentioned that it's drying, but all you have to do is apply eye cream and warm up the product with your fingers before patting it onto your skin. It works wonders and lasts more than 8 hours on my skin when I set it with loose powder. I've tried various brands (at different price points) but this is the best by far.

It is very very pricey, so if I find any other product that works as well but at a lower price point, I'd definitely jump ship but I'll stick to this for now. Then again, the S$80+ I spent on this has lasted me for over 2 years...and I had concealer on at least 70% of the time.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for years. There are other concealers I like better now for every day, but when I need extra coverage that lasts for hours, this is my go to. Travels beautifully too.

on 2/17/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Expected MUCH better coverage

Coverage is ok but NOT full. Texture (reflective, skin-like quality) is good, and that is the only reason I'd repurchase, though I'm still on the fence. Price is simply inexcusable.

Clearly I was desperate to even try CdP in the first place. Dermablend was useless as was any drugstore brand except for the now-discontinued Maybelline mousse. CLIO kill cover liquid and The Balm's Time Balm are the only other things that work, and I've tried Laura Mercier, Benefit, Nars, etc.

I apply a later of CdP, blend, give it a minute, and then apply another layer to my dark spots.

They say it will help the look of the undereye area and won't settle in fine lines. Don't believe either story. Not true. Also don't try using it as a eyeshadow primer. Much more effective, much less expensive products out there accomplish that, e.g., Blinc. Good luck! Would LOVE to hear what you use for SEVERE dark circles.