Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
Oil Absorbing SheetsOil Absorbing Sheets

4.5

Propylene,Mineral Oil, Dimethylbenzylidene Sorbitol, Ultramarines 6/15/09 (from package)

on 7/3/2018 8:13:00 PM

There seem to be two types of this product, the thinner film sheets as shown in the product picture above, and a second one that looks like a little book with blotting paper 'pages' in it.

So the version above contains flimsy crepe-y film sheets that blot oil, but leave no powder residue. They absorb oil very well so most of the time, a single sheet is all I need. If used too firmly on the skin, it can wipe and dislodge underlying make-up but so long as you're careful this is only a minor risk.
The paper version has blotting paper sheets, one side lightly dusted in translucent powder. To use a sheet, you rip it out of the book and then blot your face. The end result is much the same, mattifying my shiny face without caking on powder in 100 layers through the day. The paper version imparts a subtle refreshed look, as they leave a little touch up of powder while also removing oil.

Anyone bothered by shiny face syndrome at midday needs to get oil absorbing sheets ASAP. The brand doesn't matter all that much, so you can pick cheaper blotting papers without their effectiveness taking a hit.
Oil absorbing sheets are a must for oily and combination skin types, so go get some if you haven't already!

on 7/3/2018 7:05:00 PM

These work well, leave skin looking and feeling clean and shine free.

on 7/3/2018 11:28:00 AM

Way better than paper ones and it’s so satisfying to use when the sheet turns clear . A little non environmentally friendly .

I bought these after trying various different blotting sheets and I was not disappointed! They're really good at removing oil and you can actually see on the the sheets how much oil you're removing. I'm not a big fan of the packaging as it seems kind of flimsy, so I just take the sheets out and put them into a square compact. If you press too hard on your face some makeup can transfer, but as long as you're blotting lightly you can remove the oil without removing your makeup. I keep a pack in my purse, in my car, and at home because I never want to be without them.

on 3/29/2018 9:36:00 AM

It feels like these have been around since high school (the late 90s - early 2000s). I also use rice paper, but these are just fine. Work really well all year. Usually, I keep them in a ziplock, a few tend to slip out in my bag if I don't.

It's okay. While this does remove some oils, I feel it could have better absorbency. I'd repurchase if it was better at blotting. Otherwise it's not worth me re-buying.

on 10/4/2017 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

SKIN TYPE:
Combination, sometimes VERY oily/sometimes VERY dry and sometimes "PERFECT". If I'm moving around a lot or nervous it tends to get very oily, very fast- more oily then the average person I'd say.

RESULTS:
I used to be a waitress so I was always running around the restaurant and I wear a good amount of makeup so you know.. your makeup starts to sweat off and get all wet looking. I used these Oil Absorbing Sheets and they're awesome! I love seeing all the oil transfer onto the sheets. It does what it is supposed to do but it obviously DOESN'T prevent the oil from coming back.....I guess that's obvious. If you need a quick fix & you wear makeup and you don't want to apply more makeup (powder) to cover the oil then this will be good for you. They don't ruin your makeup.

OVERALL:
These are easy to carry around in a bag or wallet so that's a plus. I don't buy them anymore because I just use powder or dab my face with tissue :)... I'm not a server anymore so I don't really need that quick fix BUT if you have oily skin they are DEFINTELY WORTH A SHOT because they do REALLY clean the oil up.

on 6/19/2017 3:34:00 AM

These sheets are my go-to blotting sheets for many years now. I've tried other brands but none compare to the effectiveness of clean and clear. A little pricey but I guess it lasts a while, so well worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my life saver! I have the oiliest skin ever!! I go through one of these a week haha. It is the best thing ever for oily skin. I have been using this since I can remember. It draws out all the oil from your skin, without disrupting your makeup! I always have these on hand, and are perfect to quickly pat your face and keep it looking mattee all day long. Also very discrete HG :)

on 4/26/2017 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One for every bag. I'm an idiot and for the longest time didn't realize that you peel off the sticker covering and press to lift a paper out of the cardboard case. Drug stores also make a good store brand version of this product. It almost obviates the need for powder on my nose. I also use it to clean up eyebrow pomade and other small make up tasks.

Note: I recently started wearing NYX matte lipstick and matte lip cream and sometimes blot my lips with this. No tissue fibers.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools