Bobbi Brown Powder Brush

Bobbi Brown Powder Brush

4.1

on 4/2/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Surprised with all the negative reviews on this brush. I love this brush! I like the fact it's tapered unlike a lot of other powder brushes I own. It's great for applying my setting powder and it's also good for bronzing and contouring. Bobbi does some great brushes in my opinion.

on 3/20/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice brush very soft to use on the face. However, a word of caution. Each time I use it, bristles come off and I have to pick them off my skin. Very annoying. Also, its a bit long and doesn't fit easily in a handbag. I have this and also the Bobbi Brown Face Blender which doesn't do its job at all.

I would not buy either of them again and will try next for Chanel Brushes. They do what it says on the tin.

Disappointing.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/12/2015 6:27:00 AM

This is the worst brush i have ever used. It's soft and has a nice design and everything but..... its' hair keeps on shedding! After 3 months and after 6 washes!!! It is so frustrating to see black hair pieces on your face every time you put on powder. If this keeps on like this i will end up with a stick without any hair on, really it's awful. I will never buy a brush from Bobbi Brown again.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this brush for a few years. Love the tapered shape. Makes application more precise. But it still sheds a bit (not a lot but a few hairs with each use). I'm kinda obsessive about keeping my brushes clean because my skin is hyper reactive, so I wash it routinely with Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleaner (a very nice product by the way).

But I'm only giving it 3 lippies because it is somewhat scratchy. I have to use the sides to avoid the scratchiness. For the price it should be much softer. Will be looking for a suitable replacement.

There are some cons to this product like the smell (when it's new), not so soft bristles, extremely long handle and the exorbitant price. I decided to shell out the full price for this brush because I was having a hard time finding a decent powder brush that is suitable for my skin type.

My tzone is extremely oily while the other parts of my face are so dry in contrast. I never used to powder my cheeks because my powder brush would always mess with my foundation especially in my inner cheek area (near the sides of the nose). It would annoy me to no end because it would the makeup there look so red. blotchy and cakey. But this never happened with this powder brush which is why I am so in love with it. The tapered tip makes it easy to place setting powder anywhere on my face. It also doesn't make the powder look cakey at all. I can even use it for my finishing powder (Meteorites).

on 5/11/2014 4:11:00 AM

Hands down the best powder brush. I hesitated buying this first because it seemed a bit little for a powder brush but it is actually quite big. Just perfect. Picks right amount of powder and applies and blends it like no tomorrow. Never sheds or bleed just amazing. Go get it already. (In my country it is 80$ (168₺) so yes it is really expensive but I would buy immediately if it had the same price it has in US)

i have owned this for a year now and it is a great powder brush. it is big but not super big like some of the powder brushes and that is what i like about it. it has a little bit of tapered tip which lets me get around the nose and under the eyes easily. the bristles are very soft, feels similar to my laura mercier blush brush and paula dorf cheek brush. the brush itself is very light. it is quite long and so it is not ideal to travel with but works perfect for me at home, daily use. i recommend getting it at sephora during friends and family sale!

on 11/22/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I was applying my setting powder this morning, the brush head of this brush fell off the brush handle. I literally froze in shocked silence as it clattered onto the floor and rolled away. I received this brush as a gift and only started using it a few months ago. I have since washed it 4-5 times in the same manner that I wash all my brushes: I wet only the tips of the bristles, swirl a bit of baby shampoo and then rinse, taking care not to get the area where the bristles are glued to the brush head wet, let alone where the brush head is attached to the handle.

I have a set of brushes from NuSkin that have lasted for more than 5 years with everyday use and washing every 10 days. I have three brushes from Everyday Minerals (concealer, foundation and flat top) that have lasted more than 3 years with everyday use. BOTH are a FRACTION of the horrendous rip-off that Bobbi Brown charges. I am appalled that a brush that retails for US$55-60 could fall apart in a matter of weeks. I will not repurchase this or any of Bobbi Brown's other products.

on 12/16/2010 5:59:00 PM

I absolutely love, love, love this brush! The hair is ultra soft – it doesn’t disturb the makeup underneath. But most important of all it doesn’t irritate my hyper sensitive skin on my cheeks. Further, it deposits the perfect amount of powder on my face so that it never looks cakey or made up.
It is my absolutely HG powder brush!

Fluff fluff fluff, thats how this brush feels on the skin. It applies powder gently and super smooth. Totally worth it!

Popular Makeup Brushes