L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Eye Defense

L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Eye Defense

3.2

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Cholesterol, Caffeine, Carbomer, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Mica, Oat Protein, Dicetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, FD&C Red 40

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use some crazy-drying retinols and my eye area was looking crepey, so I figured I'd try the cheapest eye cream I could find.

Overall, not bad; it does the job. I don't have wrinkles or dark circles, so I'm using this just for moisture. However, it does have a weird warming/burning sensation when applied but that could be my eye/skin sensitivity. Also the cream has an interesting glittery look to it.

on 11/28/2016 5:25:00 PM

I was originally very skeptical about this product. Even after a month of using it, I had written it off and made a mental note to get a new eye cream. Of course my tendency to procrastinate caused me to use this eye cream for about two more months. Much to my surprise I ended up loving it after spending more time using it. I have always had severe dark circles, primarily caused by allergies. While this cream hasn't erased them completely (I doubt any eye cream could), I've noticed a significant difference in my undereyes. They are a lot lighter than they used to be. This cream also does a good job moisturizing them. And the price is a bargain. Tip: keep it sanitary by using a cotton swab to get the product out of the container.

on 10/10/2016 10:02:00 PM

I'm on my second jar of this. I'm 19, and I was looking for an eye cream because I like to make sure my eye area is hydrated before applying makeup. This eye cream is so cooling and does not irritate my eyes. It doesn't brighten dark circles, but boy does it soften the skin!!! I love it! My under eyes feel smooth and plump after the product sinks in. I will always repurchase!

on 5/13/2016 12:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first eye cream I've used and I think it's pretty decent, especially for the price. I usually use it once in the morning and again at night. It doesn't irritate my eyes, it feels nice and cooling on the skin, and you only need a tiny amount to cover the whole eye area so the little pot lasts forever. The consistency is more watery than a traditional "cream" and it seems to take a while to absorb, which is kind of annoying when you want to use it under makeup.

I got this more for preventative reasons, and also because I have minor dark circles and noticed a few fine lines beneath my eyes. I've now finished an entire pot and I don't think I've seen much difference in the dark circles, but I've noticed some decrease in the visibility of my fine lines since I started using this product! If you're looking for an economical, not heavy-duty eye cream to address small issues, I'd recommend this stuff.

Did nothing for wrinkles under eye or dark circles.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this eye cream last year. The 1st jar smelled like plastic so I called L'Oreal & they issued a replacement item coupon. The 1st jar also contained white cream. The 2nd jar contained white cream & had no scent I could discern. I used it happily for 7 months b/c it had a light texture & absorbed quickly. I don't have crow's feet (knock on wood) but have dark circles. I started to see a reduction in their intensity by Month 1's end. But I think there's only so much it can do to lighten them b/c I couldn't see a difference between Month 1's end & Month 7's end. I just repurchased it in March. This jar (my 3rd) is an absolute delight! It's a sparkly light pink cream w/a faint floral fragrance! It smooths on the same as my replacement jar (I never used the plastic-scented jar). It has lightened my circles a bit more after 2 months of use. So maybe it will erase them completely by the time it's gone. I use a teeny dab under each eye. I like the jar a lot b/c I just dip a clean Q-Tip in it. I washed out the 1st jar to use for travel. I dislike the price b/c I think it's been around for years & should've dropped a bit by 2015. I have tried a serum by Palmer's that I really enjoyed but can no longer locate that was only $4 from Big Lots & a Freeman Vita-K serum that proved to be a waste of $12. So the Eye Defense is $12 from WalMart but it's really effective & pleasant to use. I just don't understand the inconsistency in the product's color & scent. But I will try again & if something is "off" I'll let L'Oreal know.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This cream does hydrate the undereye area but has done nothing for dark circles for me personally. A little goes a long way with this cream. No more than a few drops should be used under both eyes. It takes a few minutes to soak into your skin, so be sure to leave some extra time for that before applying any makeup or other moisturizer over it. Because it's so moisturizing, it made my eye makeup glide on smoothly which was nice (occasionally I would apply to my eyelids as well). I agree with other reviewers that it sometimes leaves a funky residue, especially when rubbing or touching the area after application. I wouldn't purchase this again, but overall I like this cream as a hydrater but not for dark circles.

on 1/21/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a few jars of this when I was in my early 20s. So I wasn't really looking for a heavy old lady cream. I had dark circles but it's partly genetic and I did find that using this (and maybe any) moisturizer helped. But I liked the texture and thought it did a decent job for like $13. I have tried $60-$80 eye creams and honestly I don't think they are that great, some I didn't even keep. I mainly use cocoa butter vaseline at night on my eyes/lashes and sometimes an light night cream (that's discontinued) during the day. So I haven't really had a 'need' to buy this again. But I certainly don't hate it like some people did, and it does last a while. I think you can't expect too much from an eye cream. Plus, along with more sleep and better diet I don't have the dark circles as badly as I used to, but moisturizing is still important.

I did keep the empty jars and refill them with cream or treatment for when I traveled. It's glass so its not the best but I had them on hand so I did use them for that for a long time. They weren't heavy and they never broke so it actually worked.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Terrible. I bought this because I finished my Clinique All Abut Eyes and I needed something on the day, this looked OK at the drug store.

It's very thin and watery, doesn't leave my eyes feeling hydrated at all. It also has a bit of a strange smell.

I was under the impression this was supposed to be anti-aging or used as a preventative treatment, but it doesn't even do the basic job of keeping my under-eye area soft and moisturised.

on 9/8/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My eyes burned each time I used this. I initially thought it might be another new product I was using, but, after using it alone, I found the Eye Defense to be the culprit. I liked the texture of this product, although I'm not a fan of bottles I have to stick my finger into. (Contamination is always a possibility.) I wanted to like it but won't finish the bottle. Out it goes...