Sanrio/Hello Kitty Hello Kitty Eau de Toilette Spray

Hello Kitty Eau de Toilette Spray

3.4

on 12/25/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very sweet scent. If you do not like very sweet scents, you will not like this. I rather like it, it is sweet but not sickeningly sweet. The lasting power is okay, maybe a couple hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Some care has gone into this to make it a "real" perfume with distinctive memorable character. The initial spray is my favorite, with pretty, sweet and creamy florals, then comes an interesting green sharp note popping up which is meant to be green apple. But I think its green celery leaves. After 20 minutes the florals fade, and creamy amber develops. The amber/apple/cream remains for around 4 to 5 hours. The apple and amber dry down is very similar to the dry down of Avon Scentini Citrus Chill, which has those 2 notes listed. Other people say they like Hello Kitty on me and ask the name of it. The other day a 30-something woman recognised it on me and told me its her favorite perfume!. The only reason I would not repurchase is I don't like heavy amber even though I love the sweet gourmande/cherry blossom opening.

NOTES:
TOP - sour green apple
MID - cherry blossom, jasmine, coconut
BASE - praline, musk, vanilla syrup, sugar

on 10/23/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sweet. Very sweet. It pretty much smells like sugar - if I covered myself in syrup this is what I would smell like. It has a very linear scent that is a little headache inducing because it lingers for so long! When this finally wore off, it smelt like plastic/playdoh and wasn't appealing at all! Definitely for the 15 and under age group.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I work in a company that consists of 95% men. Got this as a gift from my co-workers for my birthday. I have a hello kitty bank of america debit card that they love to make fun of...so logically I would love to smell like hello kitty. This smells like musty rotting flowers and gives me a headache.

All I can say is...hello kitty has no business making perfume or makeup. Cute stationary? Sure...BUT not cosmetics. Ugh...Sephora-don't you have enough of your own brands in your stores? Did you have to make a hello kitty line and forever ruin that adorable cat for me?

I really like this alot. It's very girly and sweet but on me it takes on a candy-and-cigarettes type of smell. Some people won't like that description, but I think its delicious!

on 5/13/2009 3:34:00 PM

I actually received this as a gag gift from someone I know that works in Kohl's cosmetics. Of course I laughed and didn't actually think I was going to use it, but I was really surprised when I smelled it! It's a blend of warm vanilla (maybe even caramel?) and strawberries (and I think I smell a hint of oranges too). It's not musky and not too sweet. It's a scent I like to wear on sunny warm days, accompanied with a sundress. So yeah, it's Hello Kitty and the packaging is cheap, I admit I'm slightly embarressed that I wear "Hello Kitty", but it smells so good and I'm often asked what I'm scent I'm wearing! Sometimes it's fun to see the surprised faces :)

I'm not sure I'm talking about the same fragrance because I think they are distributed by different companies around the world.
In Italy it just came out together with a lighter and more childish scent for children.
It has a round cilindrical sheer pink bottle and pink nice box.
I had to try this being a HK-fanatic, I just couldn't skip it!
I expected a girlish/fruity/candy/blast/cheap scent and that was it, but it's not so bad smelling after all and it lasts quite enough.
I'm a somptuos floral scents lover, I love old Guerlains, L'Artsian and Creed, so you guess that a HK EdT is not really my kind of scent.
That said, I had to see that this EdT is not totally bad made.
I can see how it appeals Pink Sugar lovers, even if I can't stand Pink Sugar in any amount. This is far better.
It has a strong fruity note at the beginning that could be like concentrated green apple with sugar and than it goes on more candy, but it's not cloying like PS. I smell a good vanilla base that lingers on fabrics, it is synthetic but refined and a nice smell to have around you.
PS hits on my nerves, HK doesn't.
I wouldn't mind wearing HK around for fun. That's not my HG, but it could be my car's one! I can't stand most car freshners, because they're so cheap and chemical smelling, very invading of my little space and you never get rid of them.
HK EdT would be just lovely in my car together with a few stickers and I can spray myself too once in a time...and yes, I'm 36 not 12 :-)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was shopping around Kohls for fragrances the other night and actually had my fall back, Aquolina's Pink Sugar, in hand. I figured I would make one more pass, though, and saw Hello Kitty. I'm a HK fanatic, so I had to smell. Amazingly enough this fragrance smelled almost exactly like Pink Sugar to me, and it's half the price. You didn't need to tell me twice! The only thing I don't like about this product is the cap on the bottle. I accidentally dropped the box (yes, I'm a klutz) and the cap broke. It's just a thin plastic. Doesn't seem appropriate for the bottle which, figuring it's Hello Kitty, is actually very demure and sophisticated.

Way too sugary and starts to have an unpleasant smell after a while-regret.

on 12/22/2007 2:27:00 AM

This smells really bad out of the bottle, but spray it on skin and a transformation occurs. The smell is surprisingly sophisticated; think " Candy Store Couture." It's warm and vanilla bean foam with sticky strawberries. Fun!

Popular Fragrances