Incoco Dry Nail Applique

Incoco Dry Nail Applique

3.8

on 1/21/2018 10:24:00 PM

Having a toddler at home, I haven't did my nails in such a long time because I can't afford smudging them while waiting for my nails to dry. This has made me kind of depressed as doing my own nails used to be something I really enjoy. Then I discovered these strips, and it only takes around 15 minutes to apply! If you're careful and your nails are not super long, I can manage 2 manicures in 1 pack (16 strips). I wished the package the 2 strips of 8 separately, so I could switch to a different design the next time I do my nails instead of re-doing the same pattern for fear of the strips drying out (they do dry out in a month or two, even if you seal it tightly with tape). I normally could make it last 7-10 days without much upkeep besides putting on a clear top coat. I find that if you put on a top coat immediately after you apply the strips, it makes the strips bubble.

The only con for me is that they're still kind of pricey (as opposed to DIYing with nail polishes at home- even when compared to me using Dior polishes for my DIY manicures!), so I only buy the patterned once since I don't normally do those kind of nail art myself, just to make the strips worth it. However, if you're used to going out to do your nails, this is a cheaper option. Apparently if you cure your nails with a gel topcoat the designs can stay much longer, but then I can't be bothered to take so long to remove the manicure so I've never tried it. All in all, a great product, especially for mums!!!

on 12/29/2017 7:11:00 AM

Applying the stickers was straightforward and looked great afterwards. They also lasted for about 2 weeks and still looked great. Alas, not all good things are to last. As I still had a little more than a set leftover I saved them for a later point as they were glitter stickers and not for everyday wear (for me at least). I planned to reuse them today however they were all dried out and wouldn’t stick to my nails. I tried to remedy this by coating with nail polish remover so it would stick, however this was more trouble than it was worth.

If you use them within a more reasonable time frame (I saved them up for almost 11 months) and use them all up, I’d say theyre great. This should be more clear though when you’re purchasing as they promote it it a similar way to regular nail polish.

on 7/22/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

As a mom of a 2 year old, I thought my nail polish days were over. There is no way I'd have enough time or money to paint my nails. With these, I can do my nails in the car (while my husband is driving of course). It takes less than 10 minutes!

They are a little pricey. But if you sign up for their email list, they have lots of Buy One Get One free sales. These sales are usually in the middle of the month. I've also mastered using one strip for both hands and feet. Like others have noted, I save the unused strip in small freezer bag in the freezer. Sometimes I have to carefully dip them in acetone to revive them. Still not a bad deal when you consider the price. Here's the price breakdown: $9 for a new package, $4.50 if you get the BOGO deal. If you can master using one sheet for all your nails, that's $2.25 for a manicure and pedicure. Shipping is free for orders $25. Totally worth it in my opinion.

on 8/5/2016 9:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love these-- when applied properly they tend to last about a week. I usually do a base coat and top coat with them. Perfect for moms of little kids (like myself) who don't have time for nail polish to dry / don't have a lot of time to apply polish. Takes about 5 mins to apply even with base coat and top coat. I usually get two uses out of each pack-- I seal after use and store in a ziplock in freezer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got the coconut one in a Walmart beauty box recently, and I'm so glad I did because I've been wanting to try these for awhile now.

The idea is great, especially for busy people who want the look of a professional manicure but without having to take the time for nail designs and having to wait for polish to dry.

But, unfortunately these just didn't work for me. Within 2 days they chipped off my nails, and I'm not rough with my hands at all. I didn't type all day, I wasn't cleaning rigorously (and I use gloves), I didn't bite my nails, nothing of the sort.

For $8 I expect the product to last longer than 2 days. Considering you can buy a bottle of OPI or Essie for virtually the same price, I'll skip on this product. It's definitely not worth the $$$ imo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these nail polish strips!! There are so many beautiful patterns to choose from. They do take a while to apply, but once they are on--if applied correctly--they are stunning. I like to top them off with a top coat to add shine and make them last longer, though I think there is a topcoat in them. The manicure strips last about a week and a half to two weeks for me. The pedicure strips can last several weeks, which I love because I hate doing my toenails, and if I can get a polish to last a long time--great!!! I do put a topcoat onto my toenails, too. Another plus with these is you don't have to use a hairdryer, which other nail strips have you do!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm kind of torn about these. I just applied my first set and I *do* think they're stunning, prettier and a better quality than even the higher end nail polish strips I've tried in the past. Having said that, the things that turned me off most were: 1) they claim that you can easily stretch these to fit your nails. Not so, in my experience. They are very thin and can tear very easily. If you press/apply pressure to even the smallest area on your nail, you probably won't be able to lift it to reposition it without tearing. If you must "test drive" the fit by putting it directly on your nail, gently just kind of lay it there, don't press it down at all. I found that on some nails, because of the sizes of my nails and the sizes of the strips included in the kit that, no matter how hard I tried, a couple of my nails weren't covered completely from one side to the other. Beware if you have an overlay of any type, causing the nail to be a little thicker than a regular nail, because that will exaggerate the issue. Incoco also claims that each end of the nail strip is a different size, giving you more options, but I honestly couldn't tell a difference. Even with these issues, I love the patterns I purchased and because of that and the quality of these, I give them 4 lippies.

on 2/2/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I do like Incoco nail appliqus, they are 100% nail polish and hence they last the same amount of time nail polish does and instead of chipping, you get a gradual wearing at the tips. The application for first timers is a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it its pretty straightforward. The appliqus are very thin so be careful when peeling it from the paper bc it might tear and bc it is so thin, it will also show every nail ridge so make sure your nails are even and buffed. My problem is that I find them very expensive considering that you can only get 1 wear out of them. For $8 I can buy a bottle of OPI or Essie which will last forever. and for the price of 2 sheets, I can buy a bottle of deborah lippman. This seems to be only worthwhile to me if I get the ones with designs on it and if I wait for a good promo.

on 7/17/2014 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like these. I have had these on for 7 days, and am just now starting to notice some wear and small chips around the outer tips of my nails. They still look fairly freshly done, so I imagine they'll last another few days or so. I've read some of the negative reviews and here are my suggestions:

* make sure you prep your nail. Buff your nails, and use something to dry out the nail bed (rubbing alcohol or dawn dish soap). Any oil on your nail bed will cause them not to stick.
* I can get 2 manicures out of one pack (I have short nail beds). I store the leftovers in a foodsaver bag. This helps keep the strips from drying out. A squeezed out ziplock might also help.
* Once done, blast them with a hair dryer for 10-15 seconds to help cure the strips.
* Be gentle with them for the first couple of hours. Like a regular manicure, it does take a couple of hours to properly cure.
* As soon as you start to notice some wear on the edges of your strips, put a clear coat over them. This will cause them to wear longer.

I wish incoco would use a resealable package so that leftover strips could be used.

on 6/22/2014 2:16:00 PM

The nail polish is fun once you get the hang of them and they last longer then regular polish. The issue that I have with this polish is, on line they should you how great it would look to have to different nail polishes on one hand. I thought it looked cute and it reminded me of the time that I use to get me nails done all the time. So I purchased two colors. I tested one of the colors out and wrapped up the packet to use later. When I went to use it later it no longer stuck to the nail. Basically it no longer worked because it was dried up. It doesn't say it any where on the packet that this would happen and not in the obvious places on line. I basically paid 8.00 dollars on nail polish and only got to use it on one nail. I don't want my money back I would just like to for them to send me another one. I think it's crazy that you can only use one finger and then the rest of the polish goes to waste. I should be able to save it for the next time I want to put color on. Their Customer Service is absolutely awful. They are the worst. I contacted the International HQ (by mistake and they responded to me telling me they can't help because they are international) but I have sent two email to the US HQ and left two messages. I finally reach someone on my third call and she just transferred me to someone's voicemail. Maybe I will buy some more polish in the future but that will not happen until I resolve this issue.

Popular Polishes