4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

This color has shifts of light green and gold shimmer, similar to Significant Other color, but the base is a dusty rose color. It goes on opaque and you really only need two coats, which I like. Takes about 20 minutes to fully dry. It will start chipping around day 4, but I think that may be because my bottle is old and the color is thicker than what it should be.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

9 years ago

I just got a pedicure with this and I can't stop admiring how pretty it looks on my toes. I'm not typically a mauve-type of girl, but this one just called out to me because of the green shimmer in the bottle. I don't see any green shimmer on my toe nails, but it still has the nicest shine-- almost like a silvery shine. I saw some reviews where people compared this to China Glaze Chiaroscuro, and while they may be "similar," I find OPI's version more mauve, and CG's version more coral-toned. Chiaroscuro actually looked hideous on my skintone, at least IMHO. I prefer Shanghai Shimmer for sure. :) (I am light-olive skintone and wear MAC NW20 Studio Fix Fluid foundation.)

About reviewer (1350 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I love this color in the bottle....but it does not work on my skintone (NC 25, olive undertones) AT ALL. I am sad, because the way the color looks in the bottle was so promising. The green sheen doesn't quite come out. I am still giving this a 4 because: - Apllication was very easy for me, and I am clumsy. No streaking at all. - I think this color would be great if you are fair and cool toned....I can imagine this working very well on NC 5- NC 15 skintones. All in all, I kept trying to make this work....applied and removed it at least 6 times over the last 6 months, but I am going to have to get rid of it. For me, Isn't It Romantic is a better alternative for a pink with a green sheen.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Fine

1.0

9 years ago

not loving this at all. maybe it doesnt go with my skin tone...i honestly think it is totally unflattering and maybe a bit old ladyish, very dissapointing

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I'm very pleased with this color. It is complimentary for my skin tone which is fair, and it is a color that goes with almost any type of outfit I have. The polish went on smoothly. One coat was slightly transparent, so I applied another, and that provided just the right amount of coverage for me. It has a bit of a shimmer and reflects the light very well. I used a top coat which kept the polish shiny and prevented it from chipping. My manicure looked pretty good for about a week.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

Shanghai Shimmer is from OPI Far East Collection. Other than the rest of the collection, this one is not that hard to find and I guess you can still find it in some manicure place. The color itself is dusty rose/mauve tone with subtle shimmer that radiates yellow/green/silver color. I personally a little bit disappointed with this color because I think even it has the yellow/green/silver shimmer, the color still looks quite dead of my finger nails. I think if the shimmer is a bit more intense, the color will be more interesting. The dusty rose is not prominent enough to bring out the color of the nail polish neither. The formula is a bit thick and that's why I find the application is not that easy. It dries quickly though and the wearing power is good. It doesn't chip easily. If you like a nude tone color, go for this one but I personally won't repurchase this color again as I don't see myself reaching for this color very often.

About reviewer (455 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

10 years ago

This is a beautiful mauve color with greenish-gold shimmer to it. It's quite unique, and when I saw it in Ulta, I had to have it. I really like it. It's a color that could work on a variety of skin tones.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

10 years ago

The color has already been described in great detail so I won't go into that. It is what's been said. I'm not crazy about it, however I just got a manicure with it today and already got a compliment on it. It's so pretty in the bottle but too nude on my nails for my taste. Even though some of the reviews said it was a color for most skintones, I think it would look better on someone with a darker skintone. It just looks too washed out on me right now. Maybe I would like it more if I had a tan.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

This is a beautiful color for fingers or toes. On me, it's a light mauve color with gold-ish shimmer. It looks great on my pale skin...almost like a darker "my nails but better" color. I can see this working for many skin tones. Would definitely repurchase. I love OPI polishes in general, but this is close to the top of the list for me.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Other, Medium

10 years ago

I recently got a pedicure with this color and I really like it! It is a pinky/purple with a kind of duochrome to it. I have pretty pale skin (especially on my feet) and I always try to stay away from colors that are too dark on my feet because the contrast is just not pretty. This wasn't too dark at all! Also- this is one of those colors that would work well on any skin tone.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium