4.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I keep a 3 lb. bag of Epsom salt in my linen cupboard. I use it to turn a hot bath into a spa experience. I fill a Mason jar halfway with Epsom salt and add about 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (diluted at least 50% with carrier oil). I shake it up and use 1/2 - 1 cup in the tub. It's instant heaven. If you place the lid on the Mason jar you can store your salt/essential oil mix for a long time. Depending on my needs, I choose different oils to mix with the salt. I prefer peppermint oil for a headache; grapefruit oil for a refreshing detox; or eucalyptus oil for congestion during flu and cold seasons. I find Epsom salt (plain or with essential oils) helps sore muscles and softens my skin. The product is really magnesium sulfate. It's only called Epsom because it was first used in Epsom, England. Target, drugstores, and grocery stores are great places to buy Epsom salt. I purchase the plain one in the first aid section. Most stores also carry the more expensive Teal's brand (with fragrance options) in a different aisle, somewhere in bath and beauty. I prefer the generic bag. There's actually an Epsom Salt Council with a web site: http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

I got Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts in the Relax and Relief form. I originally got it for me, to relax when my allergies were bad to sleep better. It really works! I am out like a light, sleep better and longer and my congestion is relieved to a point I am comfortable. Also great for PMS pain, muscle aches, achy feet, etc. Since then my almost 6 year old son has had colds (obviously!) and I find it eases his symptoms and helps him sleep SO much better. One other thing is my son has Asperger's and I find when I add about a half a cup of these salts to his nighttime tub he sleeps better, is more relaxed and calm, and he falls asleep faster ~ all naturally! I will always have this product!

About reviewer (719 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Epsom Salts are AMAZING! I was an athlete growing up - 9 years in the same sport that I trained for 3hours a day, 5 days a week. Epsom salts were honestly my saviour - I soaked in the bath every second night, poured in my Epsom Salts and soaked until the water turned cold! It is amazing for helping muscles / tissues / tendons recuperate and recover. Helps alleviate my aches and pains - even helped my blisters on my feet! This really is a magical product! Pop your favourite 'essential oil' in along with the Epsom salts and you have everything you need - except your wine and a book perhaps! It is available at chemists and some supermarkets everywhere - and is cheap! Everyone should have a bag of Epsom Salts in their bathroom cupboards! You really do feel like a new you after wards - your muscles are relaxed and revitalised and your aches have slipped away!! Bliss!!!!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

6 years ago

The bomb, literally...it's likely an ingredient in your bath bomb. Add sea salt, baking soda and natural essential oils to the tub and it's the best relaxing bath. I change the oils and types of sea salt with the seasons and add food colorings and sometimes even bubble bath or dry milk (lactic acid is also the bomb) but then I'm a huge fan of fun, theraputic baths. I have dry skin so I add a bit of glycerine to the tub, and moisturize well after, while skin is damp.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Me and the hubby use Epsom salt but for different reasons. My husband is a carpenter and marathon runner so he uses Epsom salt to soothe his achy back after a long day at work or soak his feet after a marathon run. Now,the reason I use this salt in the bath is to fight my back acne. For some reason my whole body have dry skin except my back,it can get oily very fast and prone to clogged pores and I can get cystic acne during "that time of the month" on my back. My husband told me that salt kills bacteria and can help with inflammation. I have to say he's right and the Epsom salt bath really help my bacne under control. I bought mine from Target,it's the Dr.Teal's brand and its already infused with chamomile essential oil. Any brand should work fine but when I browse target selection (in the bath isle) I found that only Dr.Teal's brand was made in USA.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

6 years ago

I bought a bag of Epsom salts for £1 off Ebay. This bag lasted a good few bayhs. I put them in a hot bath and soaked for about 20mins. They are good for alot of reasons, circulation/detox/bloating.x

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

Epsom salts are marvelous for several things - detoxing, soothing body aches, relaxing muscles, insomnia remedy, etc....Just a 20-30 minute warm water bath with Epsom salts added (and 6-8 drops lavender or other essential oil, baking soda) is a cure-all treatment. Of course, there are other benefits too, as listed here on MUA. Somewhere I read an article 'Do Epsom Salts work?' which seems completely baseless and stupid, given that so many people are reporting only benefits of this product!! I hate it when false propaganda is done for a product....it does more harm than good.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

from

7 years ago

this is something every girl needs to have in hand they are so relaxing with some bubble bath. I get really bad period pain due to medical problems and these plus the warm water mke it soo much better and theyre sooooo cheap

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

7 years ago

It's not hokey at all. It really draws out whatever's ailin' you. I always turn to this little baby after a long hike, an arduous workout, or when I'm just feeling tense after a tough day. It works, and it's dirt cheap, so I don't feel bad about dumping handfuls into the hot bath. I typically pair epsom salt with a sweet smelling bubble bath.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

7 years ago

Warm water + comfy tub + epsom salts with a few drops of lavender oil = HEAVEN!! Also love some of the scented epsom salts, though the plain version is much more versatile. I always have a bag of it in my bathroom.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure