3.9

on 5/5/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been struggling and suffering from mild acne, white & blackheads since teenage and I still fighting against this problem until now, as an adult although my skin has clear up alot.
I got to know this cream during my 1st time visiting a doctor to get a professional advice to cure my acne 5 or 6 years back. Since then, I use this cream on my face twice everyday.
It took about 4 to 5 days to cure a bumpy acne on my skin; 1 to 2 days for tiny or small pimple. I don't think it cures white & blackheads much. I still need to go for a professional facial & extraction monthly to clear those stubborn white, blackheads out of my face. Remember, this cream is to cure but not to fade scars.
Not forget to mention, this cream is inexpensive and it can be easily found in most pharmacy. 5% benzoyl peroxide is more than enough to cure mild acne. However, I will pick 10% if I wish to cure my acne faster. Remember to moisture your skin each time after applied as it tend to dry your skin if without proper moisturization.

on 11/12/2016 5:22:00 PM

Overall its okay. If yiu have heav acne it will not get rid of it. If you get a few pimples it will make sure it goes down. However the results were not good enough for me so I switched to accutane.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

When I was in my teens and suffering from moderate acne, I used Benzac AC 5 every night for about a year. It worked a treat - I was lucky not to experience any irritation or dryness (thanks, oily skin!) and it got rid of my acne for good, bar a few pimples that pop up around my period.

I used to just treat the breakouts as they came along, but then I had a brainwave: What if I used the Benzac as a preventative treatment rather than a curative one? My cycle is like clockwork, so I can pinpoint exactly when my breakouts will hit - for me, a week before my period starts. Now, I use Benzac every night for that entire week. What's wonderful is that I don't have to deal with PIH as I don't get the breakouts that cause it anymore.

I'll continue using Benzac until I'm on the other side of the menopause, by the looks of things. Easy to find, affordable, and does what it says it will - somewhat of a rarity in skincare.

on 8/6/2016 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin, acne prone. In my teens I used Proactiv to control approx 90% of my acne. I still get intermittent breakouts, non hormonal related. Since this gel is a lot cheaper than from the Proactiv line, I've purchased this on a number of occasions. Things I've noticed:

-texture feels a bit grainy but does absorb
-really dry skin (and peeling) post use - although the Proactiv repair lotion doesn't have the same effect - I don't know why
-I've noticed my skin just isn't responding to it anymore :( so I will have to cycle another product (Differin)

I'm a little on the fence on repurchase. I think after I have finished this, I will try the Proactiv repair lotion again and see if that makes a difference.

on 5/16/2016 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product doesn't help me in improving my skin condition at all.

I was recommended by my doctor to try out this product. I apply a small amount at night before going to bed everyday for about 3 months.
While using it, my skin is really dry & my skin start peeling off really badly and it hurts. Apparently is normal for the skin to peel off while using the product.

However after using for so long, I only see a very minimum (close to no) improvement on my skin and yet my skin is really irritated due to my flaking dry skin after using the product. I decided to stop using it and change to other skincare and now my skin condition not only improved but my skin is feeling much more smoother and hydrated.

It didn't work on me doesn't mean it won't work on others. i will still suggest people to try it (get the smaller tube first) since is very affordable. After all this is a product recommended by most doctors so i think is no harm trying. You may want to start applying a very tiny amount first and use on alternate nights. Let your skin get comfortable with the product first because i do feel that product is quite strong.

on 5/16/2016 4:50:00 AM

When I first started developing mild acne a friend suggested this treatment. I started on the 2.5% and for a while that seemed to work well. I went through about a year of relatively clear skin but then all of a sudden (about three months ago) my face broke out again worse than ever. It was horrible! So I decided to buy the 5% to try and clear my skin again and that just set it off. My skin was flaking and breaking out at the same time. Right now it is at its worse ever. I am not sure if this is all due to the treatment but I just know now that it doesn't work for my skin anymore.

on 10/8/2015 3:24:00 AM

I have used this product religiously for years, after it was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I cleanse my face with Cetaphil at night (which also removes makeup), and I then apply the Benzac AC gel to the areas I normally get pimples (spot treatment only).

I have sensitive skin, and I find that if I use it over my entire face my skin will start to peel in some areas. I'm chalking this up to that, or that I may overuse it. Either way, using it as a spot treatment only on my T-zone has not given me any more trouble.

When I was using this product pimples were kept at bay, and when I did feel one coming up under the skin I would place the gel on top. This would either make it disappear completely, or it would bring it to a head to then pop (I know, that's naughty) where I then place more gel on it and the next morning it will have disappeared. The gel seems to clean and close the poor.

One thing I have noticed though, is that if I stop using the product and then start up again a long while later, my skin will go through a week of breakouts. I'm assuming this is just the product getting rid of all my future pimples and dirt under my skin. It's smooth sailing once you're through this phase.

on 2/27/2016 6:28:00 PM

I've had acne for six years and any product that contains benzoyl peroxide has been a nightmare. Skin peeling/flaking, itchiness, burning, creating more acne. This product did all those things and made me feel even worse about myself. I used it in conjunction with the cream cleanser and I would not recommend these products to anyone. AVOID BENZOYL PEROXIDE.

on 11/19/2015 12:26:00 AM

THIS REALLY WORKS! I have combination skin, and it really tidied up my moderate acne on my forehead. After applying for just three days, pimples were vanishing and not reappearing, which is great, as other products I have tried, the pimples just keep returning! Now I have 99% clear skin, and my scars are fading slowly.

I recommend purchasing the five percent, and not the ten percent version, as they both work the same. You also may suffer from irritation if you jump straight into the strongest formula.

Many reviews state that there have been cases of horrible irritation for sensitive skin (burning, peeling, more acne etc) but I have had none of those effects on my skin.

I have been using my tube for about 3 months now, and it has only used up halfway! Very good value for money, as you only need a pea sized amount everyday, and it lasts for ages and keeps on working!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The BEST and only thing that calms down my spots and stops them coming to a head whilst your at work! Which is the worst. Seriously takes it down overnight. Holy grail spot treatment.