Galderma - Benzac AC 5 (benzoyl peroxide gel 5%)

Galderma - Benzac AC 5 (benzoyl peroxide gel 5%)

on 5/16/2016 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product doesn't help me in improving my skin condition at all.

I was recommended by my doctor to try out this product. I apply a small amount at night before going to bed everyday for about 3 months.
While using it, my skin is really dry & my skin start peeling off really badly and it hurts. Apparently is normal for the skin to peel off while using the product.

However after using for so long, I only see a very minimum (close to no) improvement on my skin and yet my skin is really irritated due to my flaking dry skin after using the product. I decided to stop using it and change to other skincare and now my skin condition not only improved but my skin is feeling much more smoother and hydrated.

It didn't work on me doesn't mean it won't work on others. i will still suggest people to try it (get the smaller tube first) since is very affordable. After all this is a product recommended by most doctors so i think is no harm trying. You may want to start applying a very tiny amount first and use on alternate nights. Let your skin get comfortable with the product first because i do feel that product is quite strong.

on 5/16/2016 4:50:00 AM

When I first started developing mild acne a friend suggested this treatment. I started on the 2.5% and for a while that seemed to work well. I went through about a year of relatively clear skin but then all of a sudden (about three months ago) my face broke out again worse than ever. It was horrible! So I decided to buy the 5% to try and clear my skin again and that just set it off. My skin was flaking and breaking out at the same time. Right now it is at its worse ever. I am not sure if this is all due to the treatment but I just know now that it doesn't work for my skin anymore.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The BEST and only thing that calms down my spots and stops them coming to a head whilst your at work! Which is the worst. Seriously takes it down overnight. Holy grail spot treatment.

on 2/27/2016 6:28:00 PM

I've had acne for six years and any product that contains benzoyl peroxide has been a nightmare. Skin peeling/flaking, itchiness, burning, creating more acne. This product did all those things and made me feel even worse about myself. I used it in conjunction with the cream cleanser and I would not recommend these products to anyone. AVOID BENZOYL PEROXIDE.

on 11/19/2015 12:26:00 AM

THIS REALLY WORKS! I have combination skin, and it really tidied up my moderate acne on my forehead. After applying for just three days, pimples were vanishing and not reappearing, which is great, as other products I have tried, the pimples just keep returning! Now I have 99% clear skin, and my scars are fading slowly.

I recommend purchasing the five percent, and not the ten percent version, as they both work the same. You also may suffer from irritation if you jump straight into the strongest formula.

Many reviews state that there have been cases of horrible irritation for sensitive skin (burning, peeling, more acne etc) but I have had none of those effects on my skin.

I have been using my tube for about 3 months now, and it has only used up halfway! Very good value for money, as you only need a pea sized amount everyday, and it lasts for ages and keeps on working!

on 10/8/2015 3:24:00 AM

I have used this product religiously for years, after it was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I cleanse my face with Cetaphil at night (which also removes makeup), and I then apply the Benzac AC gel to the areas I normally get pimples (spot treatment only).

I have sensitive skin, and I find that if I use it over my entire face my skin will start to peel in some areas. I'm chalking this up to that, or that I may overuse it. Either way, using it as a spot treatment only on my T-zone has not given me any more trouble.

When I was using this product pimples were kept at bay, and when I did feel one coming up under the skin I would place the gel on top. This would either make it disappear completely, or it would bring it to a head to then pop (I know, that's naughty) where I then place more gel on it and the next morning it will have disappeared. The gel seems to clean and close the poor.

One thing I have noticed though, is that if I stop using the product and then start up again a long while later, my skin will go through a week of breakouts. I'm assuming this is just the product getting rid of all my future pimples and dirt under my skin. It's smooth sailing once you're through this phase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Harsh! Not for acne spot treatmentt. Left a dark brown spot on my cheek which is so ugly. I think i overuse it. If you want to treat occassional breakout, try something else. Baby your face. I will never use it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product does work, but I want to stress that if you use it all the time then it will age you quickly. I've noticed that after using this product for over a year my face has aged a lot and I'm only 27. For this reason I've decided to only use this as a spot treatment and not for my whole face. Now that I'm getting older I think I'm going to invest in a good skin care line that beauticians or face spas recommend.

on 10/3/2014 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely brilliant I don't say that about really any skincare but this is 10/10. It isn't thick, heavy, oily, drying or anything it's just perfect. Before I used benzac I had these pimples around sides of face that would not go away no matter what I did, I tried loads on face washes, oil free, unclogging etc none worked at all. Then after 2 days of benzac 5% the pimples just come to the top ready to squeeze it's great.

I've always suffered from black heads on my nose and spots on the sides of my cheeks. I've tried everything to clear the spots and blackheads but nothing worked except this. Within 5 days my nose was completely clear of black heads and my cheeks spot free. Absolutely in love with this product!