L'Oreal High Intensity Pigment Bright Shadow Duo - Roaring 234

L'Oreal High Intensity Pigment Bright Shadow Duo - Roaring 234
L'Oreal HiP Roaring

4.1

on 1/9/2014 10:34:00 PM

HG (as a contour). I bought these three years ago at cvs with coupons and tossed the blue side. The taupe side is a lovely contour shade for my NC25 skintone. (Btw, see my notepad about my new favorite secondhand designer clothing store.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

True to its name, this duo is highly pigmented. The blue color is nice, can be applied light or intense. The brown is okay - nothing special, I like it applied light. When used together, I don't really like how it looks like on me. The colors don't really blend well together. But it has good staying power. Got this on eBay cheap, maybe I'd buy another one in other colors.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Very nice. I must've bought like a thousand royal blue eyeshadows before I stumbled upon this. It is a very vibrant royal blue and the taupe side is a very nice nude color that looks great on my skin. Not much I can say, but its a winner. Thumbs up.
I would rave more but I had actually bought Milani's Blue My mind baked eyeshadow beofre I decided to buy this. And that's the most vibrant, peacocky-blue eyeshadow ever. This is a pretty good runner-up tho! :) NW45.

Both colors are smooth and pigmented.
I especially love the blue :)

on 4/17/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The blue in this duo is FIERCE!!!! The matte light brown color doesn't work for me, which is why I give it 4 lippies. I wear the royal blue alone and get tons of compliments. It's a rich vibrant color and wears well throughout the day with primer potion.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so surprised by this product. I at first bought it for the dark blue eyeshadow, but ended up loving the taupe color more. The taupe color, since its a few shades darker than my skin tone, makes a wonderful crease color. I wear this color each and every time I wear eyeshadow.
The dark blue I use on the outer corner of my eyes to make them look bigger.
This duo is just great; I highly recommend the taupe color since it goes with everything. I would definitely repurchase. :)

Ok I don't know about the taupe color, really. But I have to give this 5 lippies for the blue color alone. It is the perfect true blue I have been hunting for. I haven't used my MAC Deep Truth since I have this, it's that good. I use it over a primer, and apply it wet using a MAC brush (I think 252) and it looks beautiful. I give this 5 stars for the blue alone. Edit: IDK if this product is being discontinued or what, but I saw it at Target tonight for $1.73 and grabbed up a double, since I consider it my HG blue. Get it get it get it.

on 1/19/2011 12:53:00 AM

The best L'Oreal HIP Duo ever! Thanks to all the fellow reviewers who mentioned using the blue wet as liner. This worked perfectly. Ends up looking somewhere between Navy and the color you see in the pan. The beige is perfect dry for contouring, as an all over lid color or for filling in brows. I actually bought this duo for both colors and will definitely be using both. On sale at CVS now for 75% off.

on 1/8/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this just for the blue color. I was really disappointed though. It's not as vibrant when I swatched it than in the pan, and you'll need a good primer to use it. It blends horribly as well - either too much or not at all. I only use the blue as a liner, applied with a wet liner brush.

The brown surprised me. It looks like a muted, dull brown, but it's actually a nice almost-golden brown. It would be good for a neutral look, or as a crease color.

I have the HiP Metallic duo in Platinum, and I was so happy with the pigmentation in that one that I expected this one to be like it.

The blue side of this duo does NOT blend well.

The brown side is a great blending color.

For the money I'm not mad, but because I don't use one of the colors I would not repurchase.