TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)
Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, TALC, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, OZOKERITE, CALCIUM STEARATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL, BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, METHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HONEY EXTRACT, BETA GLUCAN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in China, it's dirty cheap. I like it so far, my face is very oily but it didnt make it greasy. I have used two other primers before: A sephora, which makes my skin really smooths and a shu uemura. To be honest, this one is not worse than shu uemura. It does a great job for a cheap product.

on 2/17/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This primer is simply perfect for its price if you're looking for something that will prevent you're skin from being oily throughout the day, isn't overwhelmingly expensive- for people who perhaps are still a bit new in makeup and don't want to invest a fortune on it but want a decent quality. I bought this at the shop for about $12 AUD so I was pretty happy with how this worked, it helped my face so much with the make up on top and was definitely worth the price as opposed to paying $35 or $50 primer. There is also a decent amount of liquid so it won't run out any time soon!

on 6/20/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very oily product. You can't tell if you do a patch test on your hand coz the chalky powder that is mixed into the cream dominates the surface and you are tricked into thinking that it is actually dry. You need to have bought it and worn a full-face of it for a day to realise how heavy....and greasy it is.

I put a blob of this on my blotting paper next to a blob of my foundation (do the same if you own any). Watch the oil seep out the sheet 4hrs! It is crazy...then imagine that much oil on your face. This definitely contains a lot of oil (mineral oil?)...and explains why my face frequently felt heavy and greasy throughout the day after using this as a primer (Oddly enough, it feels chalky and dry right after application).

It is a decent green color corrector and definitely does a fine job of muting down redness, but it is not worth the compromise of a thick, suffocated feeling + oily appearance. The oil ingredient in this reflects the cheapness of the product which comes as no surprise.
If you want quality, texture and long-lastingness, look elsewhere. This only gets thumbs ups for the anti-redness but fails in everything else.

on 4/1/2011 10:28:00 PM

Product Description: "Oil-free, non-sticky makeup base helps skin banish unwanted shine for fresh makeup. Green neutralizes redness and evens out skin tone. For combination to oily skin. Size: 40ml/1.4fl.oz."

PROS:
Neutralizes redness very well
Very small amount needed
Provides a matte finish
Smooths and evens out complexion
Helps makeup last longer
No Fragrance
Very affordable for amount
CONS:
Strong pale white cast if too much is used
Somewhat drying
Can be difficult to blend due to thick texture
Doesn't really control oil
Contains silicones, for those who are sensitive
Can be hard to find
Final Thoughts:

I suffer from redness around the nose, mouth, and cheeks so I really wanted to neutralize them. I've had this product for over a year and found it to be an affordable corrector for redness. It works very well with what it's supposed to do, so I will continue to use this product but I am on the lookout for a better primer/corrector.

A little goes a long way with this. Only a small amount is needed to help neutralize the redness, otherwise you WILL be left with a whitish cast. The texture is also thick and a bit drying, so blending it in may be somewhat difficult. It doesn't seem to control oil, but it does prolong the wear of foundation. This could probably be used by all skin types as long as you properly moisturize beforehand, since it does seem a bit drying even on my oily skin.

on 3/5/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best primer I've ever had. People even ask me if I use any foundation because my face looks natural and smooth with this primer.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had a horrible day recently when I used my Neutrogena Wave with a washcloth and some heavy cleanser then accidentally used a harsh toner and, idiotically, a Skin Food peach sake sheet mask. (I mean, it's a great mask, but pouring SAKE on my already irritated skin?)

The next day I was still red EVERYWHERE and I grabbed this in desperation. For such a low price, there's a LOT of product. It has the consistency of tinted moisturizer and is very easy to apply. It immediately toned down the redness and after the rest of my makeup I looked completely normal. Best of all, it didn't further irritate my skin. I didn't try to spot-correct anything and I think the consistency would not be ideal for small things like pimples, but across large areas of skin this works very well.

I also really like the packaging. The tube compresses as you use it, like toothpaste, so it feels substantial and you always know how much you have left.

on 9/6/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a great base for such a cheap price tag. I've had very red face throughout my whole life, mostly big red cheeks and i could never work with blushes properly. They always looked on a reddish side and like I apply it all over to my chinbone. And this one is the first primer i've ever used and it worked amazing! I applied very tiny amount since i didn't want to have a green face, after applying it actually looked like a foundation that is very lighter than my actual skintone. Then after a couple of hours I've noticed my blush looks perfect,just like the way it should have and I had a evened out complexion. It's a steal for this price and you'll only need to use a tiny amount. I'll be repurchasing this my whole life !

on 5/27/2010 11:39:00 AM

Price is surprisingly very cheap for an excellent product!! I'm impressed! Korean's brand The Face Shop has done it!! (reference:: i'm around nc25-30, hourglass #2, diorskin nude 023/030, nars fiji/punjab)

Its consistency may be slightly on the thicker side, but apply it lightly and really blend it on your face, you'll see that it does gives the appearance of poreless smooth finish. It does counteract the redness and it works nicely as undereye dark circles concealers too!! It does look ghostly pale when applied alone, but use this as base and you'll get a nice flawless finish ;) Will repurchase but for now this 1 tube will last me awhile! Interested to try out the Violet now =)

Im asian, Fair yellow undertone. I have a combination acne-prone skin (But no acne as of the moment just acne marks). I Love this product mainly because it makes my skin look naturally dewy flawless. It's light doesnt cake up. Doesnt make my skin breakout. Covers pores and even out skin tone. Staying power is good just keep some oil blotter. Doesn't totally cover acne marks you would still need a good concealer but its good on spider veins and minimal redness (Can't say with rosea). And its dirt cheap for its wonderful effect.

Comparing to the violet, I would very much prefer the violet one.
I personally think that this is quite personal as it depends on the individual preferences. I am medium fair and it sort of make me look far too fair for my liking. It appears to be gentle on the skin and did not cause itch on me. If I am not wrong, I think this brand come from Korea. Besides, I do not like the service the sales assistant gave me.
It kind of put me off their product. I might not be visiting the shop anytime soon.