TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)
Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

3.9

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, TALC, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, OZOKERITE, CALCIUM STEARATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL, BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, METHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HONEY EXTRACT, BETA GLUCAN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in China, it's dirty cheap. I like it so far, my face is very oily but it didnt make it greasy. I have used two other primers before: A sephora, which makes my skin really smooths and a shu uemura. To be honest, this one is not worse than shu uemura. It does a great job for a cheap product.

on 6/6/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got it on Ebay for 1,99 pounds which is extremely cheap compared to it's lovelyness :) It is a great base for your makeup, it makes your base last all day long and evens out skin tone (reduces mild to severe redness) extremely well! The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes my skin a bit oily and it breaks me out if I use it more than two days a week.

on 4/1/2011 10:28:00 PM

Product Description: "Oil-free, non-sticky makeup base helps skin banish unwanted shine for fresh makeup. Green neutralizes redness and evens out skin tone. For combination to oily skin. Size: 40ml/1.4fl.oz."

PROS:
Neutralizes redness very well
Very small amount needed
Provides a matte finish
Smooths and evens out complexion
Helps makeup last longer
No Fragrance
Very affordable for amount
CONS:
Strong pale white cast if too much is used
Somewhat drying
Can be difficult to blend due to thick texture
Doesn't really control oil
Contains silicones, for those who are sensitive
Can be hard to find
Final Thoughts:

I suffer from redness around the nose, mouth, and cheeks so I really wanted to neutralize them. I've had this product for over a year and found it to be an affordable corrector for redness. It works very well with what it's supposed to do, so I will continue to use this product but I am on the lookout for a better primer/corrector.

A little goes a long way with this. Only a small amount is needed to help neutralize the redness, otherwise you WILL be left with a whitish cast. The texture is also thick and a bit drying, so blending it in may be somewhat difficult. It doesn't seem to control oil, but it does prolong the wear of foundation. This could probably be used by all skin types as long as you properly moisturize beforehand, since it does seem a bit drying even on my oily skin.

on 12/29/2010 11:53:00 AM

I just bought the green one and I'm testing it right now. It definitely made my skin smoother and a lot paler (which is what I'm aiming for anyways) however my face feels a little bit .. heavy for lack of a better word.
My skin is pretty fair but I have rosacea~ this base seems to do the trick with that.
Anyways seems like it's worth the 3$ I payed for it (PS I live in Korea :) )

on 8/1/2009 2:47:00 AM

This is great. Lasts for ages as you only need a tiny bit to do a whole face. I used this under my revlon colourstay and it stays perfect all day! i have very pale skin and don't find it to look greenish unless i apply far too much. Its easy to rub in and applys evenly. The main downside is the tube it comes in can break at the sides if you oversqueeze it when its getting empty. I also dont like how the face shop markets its products to be 'All natural' when clearly they are not.. but that doesn't change how much i like this stuff :)

on 3/26/2009 10:48:00 PM

This was really easy to apply, but it is a bit thick! Once I applied it, I looked extremely pale and green, considering the fact that I applied very little. Unless you're going to cake your face with foundation and powder, the green is a bit much.

on 1/31/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best green makeup base ever! I've tried every brand out there - to American brands to Japanese, and they're nothing compared to this one. Goes on smoothly and lightly, it cover my slight reddish areas beautifully!

This is a nice product for those who have redness in their skin. It really helps tone it down and makeup goes on nicely afterwards. This is also really cheap (about 10 dollars Canadian for an amount that will last a long time). The only bad thing is that it can make you look ghostly if you put too much. So be careful and use only a small dab on the areas that are more prone to redness. It does not settle into pores but can feel a tiny bit greasy even though it is oil-free because it is silicone based (like most primers).
I have oily, acne-prone fair skin.
Edit: I think I may be reacting to the silicones of this primer. Will try to use another primer (Fyrinnae) when it comes through the mail.

Popular Primer/ Correctors