TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

Filtered by age: 19-24
TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)
Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

4.1

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, TALC, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, OZOKERITE, CALCIUM STEARATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL, BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, METHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HONEY EXTRACT, BETA GLUCAN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT

on 3/5/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best primer I've ever had. People even ask me if I use any foundation because my face looks natural and smooth with this primer.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had a horrible day recently when I used my Neutrogena Wave with a washcloth and some heavy cleanser then accidentally used a harsh toner and, idiotically, a Skin Food peach sake sheet mask. (I mean, it's a great mask, but pouring SAKE on my already irritated skin?)

The next day I was still red EVERYWHERE and I grabbed this in desperation. For such a low price, there's a LOT of product. It has the consistency of tinted moisturizer and is very easy to apply. It immediately toned down the redness and after the rest of my makeup I looked completely normal. Best of all, it didn't further irritate my skin. I didn't try to spot-correct anything and I think the consistency would not be ideal for small things like pimples, but across large areas of skin this works very well.

I also really like the packaging. The tube compresses as you use it, like toothpaste, so it feels substantial and you always know how much you have left.

on 9/6/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a great base for such a cheap price tag. I've had very red face throughout my whole life, mostly big red cheeks and i could never work with blushes properly. They always looked on a reddish side and like I apply it all over to my chinbone. And this one is the first primer i've ever used and it worked amazing! I applied very tiny amount since i didn't want to have a green face, after applying it actually looked like a foundation that is very lighter than my actual skintone. Then after a couple of hours I've noticed my blush looks perfect,just like the way it should have and I had a evened out complexion. It's a steal for this price and you'll only need to use a tiny amount. I'll be repurchasing this my whole life !

on 5/27/2010 11:39:00 AM

Price is surprisingly very cheap for an excellent product!! I'm impressed! Korean's brand The Face Shop has done it!! (reference:: i'm around nc25-30, hourglass #2, diorskin nude 023/030, nars fiji/punjab)

Its consistency may be slightly on the thicker side, but apply it lightly and really blend it on your face, you'll see that it does gives the appearance of poreless smooth finish. It does counteract the redness and it works nicely as undereye dark circles concealers too!! It does look ghostly pale when applied alone, but use this as base and you'll get a nice flawless finish ;) Will repurchase but for now this 1 tube will last me awhile! Interested to try out the Violet now =)

Im asian, Fair yellow undertone. I have a combination acne-prone skin (But no acne as of the moment just acne marks). I Love this product mainly because it makes my skin look naturally dewy flawless. It's light doesnt cake up. Doesnt make my skin breakout. Covers pores and even out skin tone. Staying power is good just keep some oil blotter. Doesn't totally cover acne marks you would still need a good concealer but its good on spider veins and minimal redness (Can't say with rosea). And its dirt cheap for its wonderful effect.

This is the best green makeup base I have ever tried. The price isn't that bad either. It lasts a long time and it goes on smoothly. I def see a huge difference in the redness of my skin. I cannot go a day without this! Highly recommended for anyone suffering with redness in their skin.

on 6/6/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got it on Ebay for 1,99 pounds which is extremely cheap compared to it's lovelyness :) It is a great base for your makeup, it makes your base last all day long and evens out skin tone (reduces mild to severe redness) extremely well! The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes my skin a bit oily and it breaks me out if I use it more than two days a week.

on 4/1/2011 10:28:00 PM

Product Description: "Oil-free, non-sticky makeup base helps skin banish unwanted shine for fresh makeup. Green neutralizes redness and evens out skin tone. For combination to oily skin. Size: 40ml/1.4fl.oz."

PROS:
Neutralizes redness very well
Very small amount needed
Provides a matte finish
Smooths and evens out complexion
Helps makeup last longer
No Fragrance
Very affordable for amount
CONS:
Strong pale white cast if too much is used
Somewhat drying
Can be difficult to blend due to thick texture
Doesn't really control oil
Contains silicones, for those who are sensitive
Can be hard to find
Final Thoughts:

I suffer from redness around the nose, mouth, and cheeks so I really wanted to neutralize them. I've had this product for over a year and found it to be an affordable corrector for redness. It works very well with what it's supposed to do, so I will continue to use this product but I am on the lookout for a better primer/corrector.

A little goes a long way with this. Only a small amount is needed to help neutralize the redness, otherwise you WILL be left with a whitish cast. The texture is also thick and a bit drying, so blending it in may be somewhat difficult. It doesn't seem to control oil, but it does prolong the wear of foundation. This could probably be used by all skin types as long as you properly moisturize beforehand, since it does seem a bit drying even on my oily skin.

on 12/29/2010 11:53:00 AM

I just bought the green one and I'm testing it right now. It definitely made my skin smoother and a lot paler (which is what I'm aiming for anyways) however my face feels a little bit .. heavy for lack of a better word.
My skin is pretty fair but I have rosacea~ this base seems to do the trick with that.
Anyways seems like it's worth the 3$ I payed for it (PS I live in Korea :) )

on 3/10/2010 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The best affordable primer ever!! I love this stuff!! it evens out my complexion and gives me a nice, clear glowing skin. I have some little red spots and scars from pimples but this stuff smoothens and evens them to my skin. However, it can be quite oily during the summer months so I only use it just a little during those months. The price is fabulous, very cheap for its quality. it's quite durable. For me, it would last about 6-8 hours per day.