The Face Shop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

Filtered by age: 19-24
The Face Shop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)
Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

4.1

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, TALC, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, OZOKERITE, CALCIUM STEARATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL, BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, METHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HONEY EXTRACT, BETA GLUCAN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT

This is a nice product for those who have redness in their skin. It really helps tone it down and makeup goes on nicely afterwards. This is also really cheap (about 10 dollars Canadian for an amount that will last a long time). The only bad thing is that it can make you look ghostly if you put too much. So be careful and use only a small dab on the areas that are more prone to redness. It does not settle into pores but can feel a tiny bit greasy even though it is oil-free because it is silicone based (like most primers).
I have oily, acne-prone fair skin.
Edit: I think I may be reacting to the silicones of this primer. Will try to use another primer (Fyrinnae) when it comes through the mail.

This is the best green makeup base I have ever tried. The price isn't that bad either. It lasts a long time and it goes on smoothly. I def see a huge difference in the redness of my skin. I cannot go a day without this! Highly recommended for anyone suffering with redness in their skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So far so good. I've been using this for about a week and I don't have any brand new pimples.

It is mattifying and does help me not have to conceal as much!

The only downfall is that I had to order this off of ebay and it took 15 days to get here from China. ughh..

You do not need to use a lot of this product and the texture does not feel heavy on my face. I will repurchase again unless I find something else that I like.

on 3/26/2009 10:48:00 PM

This was really easy to apply, but it is a bit thick! Once I applied it, I looked extremely pale and green, considering the fact that I applied very little. Unless you're going to cake your face with foundation and powder, the green is a bit much.

Im asian, Fair yellow undertone. I have a combination acne-prone skin (But no acne as of the moment just acne marks). I Love this product mainly because it makes my skin look naturally dewy flawless. It's light doesnt cake up. Doesnt make my skin breakout. Covers pores and even out skin tone. Staying power is good just keep some oil blotter. Doesn't totally cover acne marks you would still need a good concealer but its good on spider veins and minimal redness (Can't say with rosea). And its dirt cheap for its wonderful effect.

on 8/1/2009 2:47:00 AM

This is great. Lasts for ages as you only need a tiny bit to do a whole face. I used this under my revlon colourstay and it stays perfect all day! i have very pale skin and don't find it to look greenish unless i apply far too much. Its easy to rub in and applys evenly. The main downside is the tube it comes in can break at the sides if you oversqueeze it when its getting empty. I also dont like how the face shop markets its products to be 'All natural' when clearly they are not.. but that doesn't change how much i like this stuff :)

on 3/10/2010 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The best affordable primer ever!! I love this stuff!! it evens out my complexion and gives me a nice, clear glowing skin. I have some little red spots and scars from pimples but this stuff smoothens and evens them to my skin. However, it can be quite oily during the summer months so I only use it just a little during those months. The price is fabulous, very cheap for its quality. it's quite durable. For me, it would last about 6-8 hours per day.

on 5/27/2010 11:39:00 AM

Price is surprisingly very cheap for an excellent product!! I'm impressed! Korean's brand The Face Shop has done it!! (reference:: i'm around nc25-30, hourglass #2, diorskin nude 023/030, nars fiji/punjab)

Its consistency may be slightly on the thicker side, but apply it lightly and really blend it on your face, you'll see that it does gives the appearance of poreless smooth finish. It does counteract the redness and it works nicely as undereye dark circles concealers too!! It does look ghostly pale when applied alone, but use this as base and you'll get a nice flawless finish ;) Will repurchase but for now this 1 tube will last me awhile! Interested to try out the Violet now =)

on 9/6/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a great base for such a cheap price tag. I've had very red face throughout my whole life, mostly big red cheeks and i could never work with blushes properly. They always looked on a reddish side and like I apply it all over to my chinbone. And this one is the first primer i've ever used and it worked amazing! I applied very tiny amount since i didn't want to have a green face, after applying it actually looked like a foundation that is very lighter than my actual skintone. Then after a couple of hours I've noticed my blush looks perfect,just like the way it should have and I had a evened out complexion. It's a steal for this price and you'll only need to use a tiny amount. I'll be repurchasing this my whole life !

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I had a horrible day recently when I used my Neutrogena Wave with a washcloth and some heavy cleanser then accidentally used a harsh toner and, idiotically, a Skin Food peach sake sheet mask. (I mean, it's a great mask, but pouring SAKE on my already irritated skin?)

The next day I was still red EVERYWHERE and I grabbed this in desperation. For such a low price, there's a LOT of product. It has the consistency of tinted moisturizer and is very easy to apply. It immediately toned down the redness and after the rest of my makeup I looked completely normal. Best of all, it didn't further irritate my skin. I didn't try to spot-correct anything and I think the consistency would not be ideal for small things like pimples, but across large areas of skin this works very well.

I also really like the packaging. The tube compresses as you use it, like toothpaste, so it feels substantial and you always know how much you have left.