TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)
Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

4.2

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, TALC, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, OZOKERITE, CALCIUM STEARATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL, BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, METHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HONEY EXTRACT, BETA GLUCAN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT

This is a nice product for those who have redness in their skin. It really helps tone it down and makeup goes on nicely afterwards. This is also really cheap (about 10 dollars Canadian for an amount that will last a long time). The only bad thing is that it can make you look ghostly if you put too much. So be careful and use only a small dab on the areas that are more prone to redness. It does not settle into pores but can feel a tiny bit greasy even though it is oil-free because it is silicone based (like most primers).
I have oily, acne-prone fair skin.
Edit: I think I may be reacting to the silicones of this primer. Will try to use another primer (Fyrinnae) when it comes through the mail.

on 9/6/2008 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It looks like a painter metal tube. Huge size of 50ml compared with other 15-30ml size makeup base I used. I have red patches on my face due to overscrubbing with my Never a Dull Moment scrub and it looks bad.

I also have lines under my eyes which made them look old and tired. I just bought this yesterday and applied them this morning. Covered very well and my foundation glided on it. I dabbed a small amount under my eyes and gently padded it in with a concealer brush. Instant brightening! I am going to love this and will buy their foundation when my current one runs out. For USD10 it is cheaper than my estee lauder (15 ml) for USD30 a tube. A real keeper.

on 1/31/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best green makeup base ever! I've tried every brand out there - to American brands to Japanese, and they're nothing compared to this one. Goes on smoothly and lightly, it cover my slight reddish areas beautifully!

This is the best green makeup base I have ever tried. The price isn't that bad either. It lasts a long time and it goes on smoothly. I def see a huge difference in the redness of my skin. I cannot go a day without this! Highly recommended for anyone suffering with redness in their skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So far so good. I've been using this for about a week and I don't have any brand new pimples.

It is mattifying and does help me not have to conceal as much!

The only downfall is that I had to order this off of ebay and it took 15 days to get here from China. ughh..

You do not need to use a lot of this product and the texture does not feel heavy on my face. I will repurchase again unless I find something else that I like.

on 3/26/2009 10:48:00 PM

This was really easy to apply, but it is a bit thick! Once I applied it, I looked extremely pale and green, considering the fact that I applied very little. Unless you're going to cake your face with foundation and powder, the green is a bit much.

Comparing to the violet, I would very much prefer the violet one.
I personally think that this is quite personal as it depends on the individual preferences. I am medium fair and it sort of make me look far too fair for my liking. It appears to be gentle on the skin and did not cause itch on me. If I am not wrong, I think this brand come from Korea. Besides, I do not like the service the sales assistant gave me.
It kind of put me off their product. I might not be visiting the shop anytime soon.

Im asian, Fair yellow undertone. I have a combination acne-prone skin (But no acne as of the moment just acne marks). I Love this product mainly because it makes my skin look naturally dewy flawless. It's light doesnt cake up. Doesnt make my skin breakout. Covers pores and even out skin tone. Staying power is good just keep some oil blotter. Doesn't totally cover acne marks you would still need a good concealer but its good on spider veins and minimal redness (Can't say with rosea). And its dirt cheap for its wonderful effect.

on 8/1/2009 2:47:00 AM

This is great. Lasts for ages as you only need a tiny bit to do a whole face. I used this under my revlon colourstay and it stays perfect all day! i have very pale skin and don't find it to look greenish unless i apply far too much. Its easy to rub in and applys evenly. The main downside is the tube it comes in can break at the sides if you oversqueeze it when its getting empty. I also dont like how the face shop markets its products to be 'All natural' when clearly they are not.. but that doesn't change how much i like this stuff :)

on 8/27/2009 11:02:00 AM

I have a few red pimples here and there and some redness around my face. I thought this product wouldn't really do much apart from being a seperater between my skin and foundation, so I applied it on and the result really suprised me, my face looked brighter, the redness on my face and pimples were neutralised, my pores were less visible. It's a dewy finish, not too shiney nor matte. I wouldn't recommend wearing it alone because it'll make you look super pale. The down side is that my skin feels oily after an hr or so. Can be fixed with powder over it. Overall great product.

EDIT: It's great for dark undereye circles!