Gigi Space saver warmer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.5

on 8/12/2014 6:11:00 PM

I just bought this wax warmer and I have been using Gigi wax warmers for a long time since my mom is a nail tech. I am no longer a nail tech, but I learned to wax myself and it saves a ton of money. Girls came into the salon and paid $8 every time to wax their brows and since I'm pretty hairy, I knew that it would cost a lot for me. I wasn't willing to pay someone else to do something I already knew how to do.

My sister took the other wax machine to college, so I found this cute warmer at a Sally Beauty store. It's fairly-priced at around $21 and there are other things to buy to go along with this. Muslin cloth, applicators, and pots of wax. Sally Beauty was having a buy one get one free deal on pots of wax, so I got the all-purpose honey and chocolate wax. The machine comes with one collar, which keeps the machine clean because working with wax can be very messy.

For some odd reason, it does not come with a lid, so I looked for an unused tupperware lid in the kitchen to just cover the wax. You could use other things like the actual wax pot lid, but I didn't like the idea. The machine is very small, but can fit the 14 oz wax pot, so no worries there. I don't like that there is no temperature control, but the wax heats up quickly. We're talking about 15-30 minutes for a full melted pot of wax, but earlier if you just want to take the wax on the outer rim. Do not keep the warmer on for too long or you can burn your skin, but always always always blow on the wax on the applicator before applying to your skin. It's even more vital with this machine because it can get way too hot.

All in all, it's a great little machine for $21. I wouldn't buy the warranty that Sally Beauty offers because there is a one-year warranty on the warmer. If it breaks after a year, which I hope doesn't happen, I will just buy the bigger machine because of the temperature control. If it breaks within the warranty period, I am happy to send it in to get the exact same one. Either way, I'm sticking with Gigi.

on 10/7/2013 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been waxing for years- so long, in fact, I don't ever shave unless I absolutely HAVE to. Waxing at home saves money in the long run, but there are so many inferior waxing products out there. My advice, get yourself some GiGi Honee Wax (original or Espresso are great-I've reviewed the Espresso one) particularly if you have hair that's on the thicker side. You can find all GiGi products at Sally Beauty or any beauty supply. Steer clear of microwave waxes! The GiGi space saver wax warmer gets rid of the need to run over to the kitchen, reheat, and repeat. It is super convenient, as it's small and easy to store, and works very well with all GiGi waxes. Of course it keeps wax at the right temperature and consistency-- you can turn it off for a little once it's totally melted and hot, then reheat when needed. Wax is ready to use in about 15 minutes or so. For at home waxing, save yourself time, money (and patience!) by investing in quality waxing products-GiGi is just great- including Honee wax, waxing sticks, cloths (I use the white cloth strips, also by GiGi), and some sort of oil (Azulene is great, regular old baby oil will also do). It takes a little practice, but is well worth the results. Move over, razer, GiGi is in town! And with the space saver warmer, waxing is even easier.

on 3/17/2012 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Ive been waxing for myself for years. If you know what your doing and wax for yourself often, i highly suggest this. It takes a while for wax to a get good consistency (about 30 mins) as opposed to microwave waxes, but just turn it on and leave it, I dont find the wax ever gets too hot. The heat makes a huge difference in hair removal. Its compact too which is great.

on 3/13/2012 7:57:00 PM

It warms the wax super well, and it's really convenient. I don't like the fact that you have to use the collars though, because they're such a pain.

on 2/20/2011 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

One of my best purchases ever! This saves me time, money, and embarrassment. Waxing at a salon was always an uncomfortable and nerve wrecking experience no matter how much I psyche myself up fpr it. So happy to be able to wax myself. I use it with the all purpose honee wax and muslin strips. If you have unwanted hair, and and you are a do it yourself lady like me...Get this and wax at home. And save in time and money. This warmer at Sally is about 24 dollars. It's totally worth it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first wax warmer, aside from the microwave. lol
i was very impressed with this. got it at sallys with the card for $27 canadian. i use the "canadian knock off" of gigi's wax, called sharonelle. i have the 18oz can and it fit in the space saver.
the circumference of the can was smaller than the can of wax. but if ur using gigi's wax, i believe it holds up to 14oz but their can's are shaped different from sharonelle. the unit got hot pretty quick. i touched the outter metal and im surprised i didnt get a physical burn, it hurt for a full 10 seconds. the can of wax got completely hot in less than a hf hr and i was surprised considering the whole circumference factor.
i really like this warmer. it's compact and priced very well!

on 9/5/2009 2:00:00 AM

Quality wax warmer, I have superior results with this product than any microwave wax product. I spent $30 on this warmer and received two tins of wax and a package of muslin strips for free. By waxing my underarms myself twice, I have already saved more money than the cost of the warmer.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this on sale at Sally Beauty for $20. It is a little gem. Just thinking of all the money I save from waxing my legs, face, and bikini area makes me giddy! It effectively heats up honee wax. It is a small size and therefore easy to tuck away somewhere when not in use. It only has one setting (High). Heats honee wax up in about 20-30 minutes.

on 2/12/2009 4:43:00 PM

Gigi is the brand that most salons and spas use for their waxing services. I was tired of spending tons of money on waxing so I decided to buy the machine and all of the supplies that are in the salons. This machine is great it keeps the wax at the right temperature (heat up the wax for about 45 minutes). The best wax is the All Purpose Honey wax by Gigi which comes in a metal tub container that fits right into the warmer. If you use the Gigi Natural Muslin strips with the honey wax you will get the same results as the salon. I have already saved a couple hundred of dollars since I bought this three months ago. I wax my eyebrows, upper lip, underarms, bikini and arms. Best beauty investment.

on 10/15/2008 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used to use the microwaveable honey wax until i decided to splurge $30 or was it less on this small warmer, perfect,( i used to run practically naked from the bath to the kitchen when it got cold and thick) I turn it on and put on a towel, I always wax b4 getting in the shower, and its heated- yes there is no temp control but really it does the job.
Wax melts a little hot but just turn it off and it'll be warm enough & runny enough for all the areas needing waxing( unless you're a super hairy person- which thank god i'm not!)
Wish it was sold with more of that paper ring thingy, but i guess next time i'm at the beauty supply store i'll by more.
Great buy for girls who wax. Word of adive Do buy the wax remover Wax off for Skin and the NEW Sure clean which really does clean up any spills (do not use on skin!)

Popular Other Products