Gigi Space saver warmer

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

4.7

on 8/12/2014 6:11:00 PM

I just bought this wax warmer and I have been using Gigi wax warmers for a long time since my mom is a nail tech. I am no longer a nail tech, but I learned to wax myself and it saves a ton of money. Girls came into the salon and paid $8 every time to wax their brows and since I'm pretty hairy, I knew that it would cost a lot for me. I wasn't willing to pay someone else to do something I already knew how to do.

My sister took the other wax machine to college, so I found this cute warmer at a Sally Beauty store. It's fairly-priced at around $21 and there are other things to buy to go along with this. Muslin cloth, applicators, and pots of wax. Sally Beauty was having a buy one get one free deal on pots of wax, so I got the all-purpose honey and chocolate wax. The machine comes with one collar, which keeps the machine clean because working with wax can be very messy.

For some odd reason, it does not come with a lid, so I looked for an unused tupperware lid in the kitchen to just cover the wax. You could use other things like the actual wax pot lid, but I didn't like the idea. The machine is very small, but can fit the 14 oz wax pot, so no worries there. I don't like that there is no temperature control, but the wax heats up quickly. We're talking about 15-30 minutes for a full melted pot of wax, but earlier if you just want to take the wax on the outer rim. Do not keep the warmer on for too long or you can burn your skin, but always always always blow on the wax on the applicator before applying to your skin. It's even more vital with this machine because it can get way too hot.

All in all, it's a great little machine for $21. I wouldn't buy the warranty that Sally Beauty offers because there is a one-year warranty on the warmer. If it breaks after a year, which I hope doesn't happen, I will just buy the bigger machine because of the temperature control. If it breaks within the warranty period, I am happy to send it in to get the exact same one. Either way, I'm sticking with Gigi.

on 11/12/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this wax warmer five years ago and I can't believe I have not done a review yet. The warmer has one lighted switch, so its easy to use. The wax is warm ready to use in a matter of minutes. It would depend how much wax you have left. I use any oil based makeup remover to remove wax. at the moment I am using Boscia Make Up Cleansing Oil. I would repurchase.

on 2/17/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVEEEEEEE this product, it warms up my wax within 3-4 minutes, and I think it's amazing.

I wish it had temp control, because i have to toggle on/off constantly...but none the less I LOVEEE IT

on 10/18/2011 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this warmer its small and works good. If you leave it on for too long your wax will be too hot. I just use the wax that is heated toward the outer side of the can. It was cheap. I didn't want to buy the remover. I found out by coincidence that the Pond's cucumber makeup remover slides the wax right off.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first wax warmer, aside from the microwave. lol
i was very impressed with this. got it at sallys with the card for $27 canadian. i use the "canadian knock off" of gigi's wax, called sharonelle. i have the 18oz can and it fit in the space saver.
the circumference of the can was smaller than the can of wax. but if ur using gigi's wax, i believe it holds up to 14oz but their can's are shaped different from sharonelle. the unit got hot pretty quick. i touched the outter metal and im surprised i didnt get a physical burn, it hurt for a full 10 seconds. the can of wax got completely hot in less than a hf hr and i was surprised considering the whole circumference factor.
i really like this warmer. it's compact and priced very well!

on 10/15/2008 11:12:00 PM

if you buy any of the GiGi waxes in the metal tubs, you pretty much have to buy some kind of warmer. i think for home, personal use, this one is absolutely perfect. its probably not good for someone who will need it to be on all day because of the lack of temperature contol, but i seriously hope that if you're a pro, you might invest a little more in a warmer. its cheap (i bought it on ebay for cheap, but even at retail, its a steal), its compact (doesn't take up a lot of counter space), and it works. since it doesn't have a temperature control, if you're going to be waxing for a long time, the wax might get too hot. to remedy that, i just turn it on, once the wax is melted, turn it off, and if i'm still waxing and it starts to harden (which, btw, has never happened...the wax stays liquidy for a long time, and theres only so much hair on one person!), i'd just turn it back on again. its definitely worth it to buy this, and i'd recommend it to anyone.

on 11/5/2007 6:26:00 PM

I just gave myself my first bikini wax with this little warmer and some Gigi Dark Honee wax. IT WAS GREAT. This warmer is small and compact, and it's a lot cheaper than the big one. The difference between this one and that one is this one doesn't have a high-low setting, only on-off. I was a little worried about that at first but throughout my waxing it kept the wax the perfect temperature so now that I have it I'm glad I don't have to worry about fiddling with the thermostat. This small one also doesn't come with a lid which I didn't need anyway, since it's only for me and not to use in a salon and be on all day. All in all I am very happy with this, and I would buy again or recommend it to anyone!
EDIT Dec. 4 2009: I am still using and loving this warmer. What a great investment. Something I've noticed is that as the can of wax gets to have half or less wax remaining, the wax gets a little too hot so I have to turn the warmer off and wait till it cools a little to the right temp.

Popular Other Products