Dermalogica AGE Smart Antioxidant Hydramist

Dermalogica AGE Smart Antioxidant Hydramist

4.2

Not tested on animals

on 11/5/2007 2:43:00 PM

Got this as part of the Age Smart sample package that my esthetician gave me. I'm not a big toner user, but I really love this one.

Description from Dermalogica: Antioxidant Hydramist is a refreshing antioxidant shield with flash-firming properties to improve skin texture while intensely hydrating dry, dehydrated skin. Convenient mist-on formula supplements skins protective barrier by creating an active antioxidant shield of White Tea, Licorice and Vitamin E to fight damaging free radicals, while a patented polypeptide helps prevent the signs of aging caused by Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs a damaging byproduct of sugar/protein reactions in the skin). A highly-active Vitamin C complex, combined with collagen-stimulating peptides, encourages firmness and elasticity to help reduce the appearance of fine lines. Hyaluronic Acid acts as a hydration magnet to quench dehydrated skin while Pea Extract creates instant firming action to lift and tighten. Rose and Clove extracts comfort and refresh skin. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.

Directions: Spritz Dermalogica AGE Smart Antioxidant HydraMist to hydrate skin. Use after cleansing and any time throughout the day.

My skin: uber-tuff combo mostly oily, yet dehydrated. I use this after cleansing with the AS Skin Resurfacing, or after the Multivitamin Recovery Mask. I can't attest to the full size version, but the spray nozzel on the sample size sprays a very fine mist that is perfect for spraying directly on skin. Scent is light and refreshing and not overly rose, which I usually can't tolerate. Smells very fresh. Absorbs into my skin almost immediately and really seems to wake it up a bit. Also sets mu beautifully, including powder without streaking. Doesn't dry out my skin at all, or grease it out and hasn't caused breakouts. Will definitely be buying the full size version when I run out.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Pa)mitoylTrjpeptide-5, Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphafe; Glucosamine HCI, Sodiom Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Aloe Barbadansis Leaf Juice Powder, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Proline, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Citronell Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Linalool, Acorus Calamus, Aniba Rosaedora(Rosewood) Wood Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove)Flower Oil, Heliantbus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil/Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 12/4/2009 12:38:00 AM

Darn, this is expensive! But I love it! I have gone off and bought a ton of Dermalogica products in the last few months because they're so great. I had no clue what I was missing. The only Dermalogica product I've used in the last 30 years is the Daily Microfoliant. I should have known because that is so wonderful.

I'm in the 50+ age group this line targets, and I love using it. It's got a ton of luscious ingredients...let me mention first that it's got clove oil in it...clove is the highest ORAC antioxident in existance, if I remember correctly. And it makes the product smell glorious. There's not enough clove to irritate the skin though, just enough to make it smell great. I hope there's enough to give it some more antioxident oomph too.

It's got high quality peptides, VitC, Glucosamine, beta-glucan, White tea extract, pea extract, licorice, VitE, hyaluronic acid, and lots of essential oils. I find essential oils great for my skin, although I know some don't. This is just a fine product, no doubt about it...I can see a lot of thought went into its formulation. It keeps my skin hydrated and soothed all day long when I put a nice moisturizer over it. I believe it's one of the best products on the market today, along with the rest of the line. Add some type of retin-A product at night, and you're covered on all bases. Superb!

on 5/8/2014 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely product! I recently bought my first full-sized bottle after going through two travel-sized 30 ml. bottles. I think it's very expensive, but I decided it was worth it. It's very hydrating with good soothing and antioxidant ingredients. The 'flash firming' effect (from green peas) is hardly a face lift but still does a little something, albeit temporarily. Your face is left with a lovely glow after a minute or two of mild stickiness.
The spray mechanism is very good, giving off a precise spray. If you want a quick moisture boost during the day you can hold the sprayer a bit further from your face, patting in any surplus wetness.
The smell from essential oils wonderful, not too strong and doesn't bother my skin at all.
I lke this so much I might replace Lauder's Advanced Night Repair with this spray, but I haven't decided yet.
Will most probably buy again

on 5/31/2017 6:42:00 AM

I bought my 3rd 150ml bottle, because it is so amazing! The price is high, but it is wort it - I would never believe that toner can hydrate so much. Perfect product to use before your moisturizer. I use it both day and night.

on 3/18/2017 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing, no parabens ~ yeah!
I LOVE the smell of this - 3 spritzes are a great pick me up during a flight or road trip. Yes, it's hydrating. My main use for this is really to wake up and refresh while traveling - the aroma is deeply lovely. Perfect little travel size. Only complaint is that the plastic cap always breaks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great to use right out of shower/before skincare. Gives excellent hydration, plays well with other skin care. Smell is inoffensive. Careful around eyes.

on 12/23/2011 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Good product, with nourishing ingredients for dry or aging skin. Easy way to moisturize over make up or while traveling. Keeps foundation looking fresh and has a very light scent. For the price, Dermalogica could have packaged this better.

on 6/3/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Dermalogica has changed my skin for the better. I've always been reluctant to spend a lot of money on skincare and/or makeup, but after trying samples of the Age Smart line, I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin and that sold me on this line. I've been purchasing from Amazon but I'm very cautious about researching the sellers since there are knock offs out there. I'm 52 years old and am fighting wrinkles AND still have occasional breakouts. This line of skincare has made my skin softer and less oily. I use this morning and night after moisturizing as well as after I apply makeup. Totally recommend it!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its refreshing and smells nice, but nothing more. I don't see any real benefits from it nor does it hydrate, it did nothing to change the condition of my skin. Its way over priced for what it is.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this in conjunction with the AGE Smart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser and Multivitamin Thermafoliant. I spritz my face with the Antioxidant Hydramist after cleansing with both, which I do every other day. The system together has done a great job evening out skin tone, shrinking pores, getting rid of white heads and blackheads as well as reducing the fine lines I do have. I find that using the system everyday isn't necessary for me and probably would be too harsh on my skin. I used to have acne scars are redness around my nose and forehead and this has helped reduce that dramatically. After cleansing, the toner adds moisture back to my skin which can often feel tight after a wash. The spray comes out more as a mist as well which is great. I will definitely be purchasing the system again.