Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

3.2

water - isononyl isononanoate - cyclomethicone - cyclopentasiloxane - methyl methacrylate crosspolymer - butylene glycol - glycerin - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - hexyl laurate - polyglyceryl-4 isostearate - silica - sodium chloride - disteardimonium hectorite - polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate - sorbitan oleate - peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate - magnesium stearate - polyhydroxystearic acid - alcohol - isopropyl titanium triisostearate - disodium edta - ethylhexyl-glycerin - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - triethoxycaprylylsilane - bht. /- ci 77891/titanium dioxide - ci 77019/mica - ci77491/77492/77499/iron oxides.

on 12/19/2017 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this because I wanted my eyeshadows to stay on longer. While to application is nice, this one creases. And doesn't last too long either. While it evens out and lightens my quite dark eyelids, it doesn't do much else I'm afraid. Although, the tube does last forever even through a daily use. Mediocre product.

on 2/11/2015 3:33:00 PM

I bought this product, because I wanted a primer that evens out skin tone and makes eye makeup go on more evenly. This product comes in a handy tube with a tiny opening, which is fine, as a little goes a very long way. There is only one color available. The primer applies easily, as it has a quite creamy texture. I used it on its own, and in combination with Clarins Ombre Matte and applied both times just the tiniest bit with my fingertips. Before applying the eyeshadow, I let it sink in for a moment. Both times the result seemed to be just what I was looking for: smooth eyelids which had an evened-out tone - although the color is too pinkish for my liking when I used it on its own on my winter-bleak skin. Eyeshadow applies very well and even, the primer makes it easy to layer without creating blotchy spots. The downside came just a few hours afterwards: both times, used on its own and together with eyeshadow, it wandered towards the crease and the rim of my eyes, into my eyes and on my contact lenses. This never happened to me before when using eye creams and/or shadows. I tried it afterwards repeatedly, using lesser and lesser, unfortunately always with the same result. There is still a nearly full tube of a product that in my opinion is a total waste.

on 2/15/2009 12:07:00 AM

I'm happy with this product. But be careful when u use it for the first time. I had to click the pen for a long time for the product to flow out, and when it did, too much came out and was wasted. I like how the color blends well with my skin. It really does brighten up my lids. When i use an under eye concealer, my upper lids still look dull and dark. I used to just pat some powder on, but this Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base really does make a difference. Only need to brush on a little onto my lids and i smoothen it out with my fingers. There's no unpleasant smell. The best part is my eye liner and eye shadow doesn't crease because of this. That's why i wanted to try this product at the first place. Well, it hasn't failed me so far. It's selling for RM75 and i find that to be a reasonable price for a product from Clarins. Will buy again.

on 2/29/2008 7:04:00 AM

This is a primer base for eye-makeup, not a highlighter. Just the packaging is like YSL Touche Eclat, a pen with a brush.
As previous reviewers said, it is a pale pink-beige tint, easy to apply, fixes makeup quite well and doesn't dry up the eyelids.
Regarding that it s a rather tiny pen product lasts for a really long time. I purchased it in July 2007, and still have it - and I use it every day.

on 2/29/2008 6:12:00 AM

This product is like YSL Touche Eclat but also works as a primer base for eyelid and can help the the color payoff and staying power of e/s. It has only one shade( a pale beige pink), so I guess could only be used by fair or fair-medium group of people. I am in that range so I find this product really perfect for me, even better than YSL TE( being bright enough, yet completely natural---really melt into my skintone). It really instantly bright up and prep the eye area. Stops my e/s from creasing, and helps the color payoff. It doesn't cause any dry lines to occur even after long hours of wearing. The price is also much more reasonable than YSL's. I would repurchase it again and again. It really works for me!