CLARINS Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

CLARINS Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

3.7

water - isononyl isononanoate - cyclomethicone - cyclopentasiloxane - methyl methacrylate crosspolymer - butylene glycol - glycerin - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - hexyl laurate - polyglyceryl-4 isostearate - silica - sodium chloride - disteardimonium hectorite - polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate - sorbitan oleate - peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate - magnesium stearate - polyhydroxystearic acid - alcohol - isopropyl titanium triisostearate - disodium edta - ethylhexyl-glycerin - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - triethoxycaprylylsilane - bht. /- ci 77891/titanium dioxide - ci 77019/mica - ci77491/77492/77499/iron oxides.

on 2/11/2015 3:33:00 PM

I bought this product, because I wanted a primer that evens out skin tone and makes eye makeup go on more evenly. This product comes in a handy tube with a tiny opening, which is fine, as a little goes a very long way. There is only one color available. The primer applies easily, as it has a quite creamy texture. I used it on its own, and in combination with Clarins Ombre Matte and applied both times just the tiniest bit with my fingertips. Before applying the eyeshadow, I let it sink in for a moment. Both times the result seemed to be just what I was looking for: smooth eyelids which had an evened-out tone - although the color is too pinkish for my liking when I used it on its own on my winter-bleak skin. Eyeshadow applies very well and even, the primer makes it easy to layer without creating blotchy spots. The downside came just a few hours afterwards: both times, used on its own and together with eyeshadow, it wandered towards the crease and the rim of my eyes, into my eyes and on my contact lenses. This never happened to me before when using eye creams and/or shadows. I tried it afterwards repeatedly, using lesser and lesser, unfortunately always with the same result. There is still a nearly full tube of a product that in my opinion is a total waste.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Clarins recently reformulated this product. I was looking for something to help keep my eyeshadow in place, so at the drugstore today, I had the Clarins sales lady try some of this on one of my eyelids, and use the new "Ombre Matt" eyeshadows over both eyelids. Four hours later, the eyeshadow on both lids was migrating to the creases. Eight hours later, there was no eyeshadow left on either eyelid EXCEPT in the crease.

What a waste of a product.

on 12/19/2017 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this because I wanted my eyeshadows to stay on longer. While to application is nice, this one creases. And doesn't last too long either. While it evens out and lightens my quite dark eyelids, it doesn't do much else I'm afraid. Although, the tube does last forever even through a daily use. Mediocre product.

on 3/28/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product as I wanted a change from UDPP and unfortunatelly this buy was a mistake for me. The only thing I liked about it was texture, as it was quite lightweight. It totally didn't work for my a bit oily eyelides. Eyeshadows didn't last longer than 1-2hours, which was a huge dissapointment, especially taking into consideration the price of this product, which is almost twice what you would pay for the famous UDPP.

To be honest and to summarise - I would say that my foundation or concealers work better as primers than this product.

on 4/2/2009 11:38:00 AM

I have came to the conclusion I don't really care for this product. On the one hand my eye makeup looks like it was just applied and it looks good for 12+ hours. This is even better than UDPP for me for this. Buuuuut since it only comes in that ghastly salmon-pink color it changes every e/s I wear as well. It turned my gorgeous pastel pink e/s yesterday into a bright peach. It was just too dark for my PPP complexion. (I'm a MAC NW15, Px Camellia for reference.) Using this as a concealer was definitely out since it was so dark. Plus the little sample I received from Clarins on a foil peel-back got thick within two days of usage. I like it for the staying power, hate it for the color.

on 12/27/2009 4:51:00 AM

I have been using it for over a month now. I was hoping to be able to use it on its own, but it creases almost immediately and the peachy color of the product (I have no. 00 - nude), doesn’t give a bright look to the eye area. I was getting a better result by applying a regular concealer.
It creases a little less when applied with an eye shadow, but still creases. Funny enough, I was able to achieve minimal creasing only after applying face powder on top of it.
On the plus side, the package is convenient and the product did not irritate my eyes.

Water, isononyl isononanoate, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, glycerin, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, silica, sodium chloride, disteardimonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate, sorbitan oleate, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, magnesium stearate, polyhydroxystearic acid, alcohol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, disodium edta, ethylhexyl-glycerin, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, bht.
+/- titanium dioxide, iron oxides

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought this would be just like the instant light for the face because of the white tube- I thought the red tubes were more like touche eclat, but in reality this is like a liquid version of Mac Painterly Paint Pot- a drying, salmony base. I can only use this on my lids and not under or in the lower corners like I would touche eclat. I was hoping this would be a lighter color and texture and not a udpp dupe.
I like this just fine, but I like Painterly a lot better, and it is cheaper, especially taking into account price versus quantity- this is too expensive for such a small amount of product, and this coming from a girl who buys Sisley. IWill keep this in my purse for touchups, but will not rebuy.

on 12/6/2008 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was shopping for a base for my eyeshadow, in order to increase color payoff. I like it , but im not satisfied. It keeps my shadow from creasing, it gives my shadow longevity too. however, I here Urban decay has something beter that is actually at a lower cost.

on 2/15/2009 12:07:00 AM

I'm happy with this product. But be careful when u use it for the first time. I had to click the pen for a long time for the product to flow out, and when it did, too much came out and was wasted. I like how the color blends well with my skin. It really does brighten up my lids. When i use an under eye concealer, my upper lids still look dull and dark. I used to just pat some powder on, but this Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base really does make a difference. Only need to brush on a little onto my lids and i smoothen it out with my fingers. There's no unpleasant smell. The best part is my eye liner and eye shadow doesn't crease because of this. That's why i wanted to try this product at the first place. Well, it hasn't failed me so far. It's selling for RM75 and i find that to be a reasonable price for a product from Clarins. Will buy again.

on 2/29/2008 7:04:00 AM

This is a primer base for eye-makeup, not a highlighter. Just the packaging is like YSL Touche Eclat, a pen with a brush.
As previous reviewers said, it is a pale pink-beige tint, easy to apply, fixes makeup quite well and doesn't dry up the eyelids.
Regarding that it s a rather tiny pen product lasts for a really long time. I purchased it in July 2007, and still have it - and I use it every day.