CLARINS Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

Filtered by age: 44-55
CLARINS Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

3.8

water - isononyl isononanoate - cyclomethicone - cyclopentasiloxane - methyl methacrylate crosspolymer - butylene glycol - glycerin - cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone - hexyl laurate - polyglyceryl-4 isostearate - silica - sodium chloride - disteardimonium hectorite - polyglyceryl-3 ricinoleate - sorbitan oleate - peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate - magnesium stearate - polyhydroxystearic acid - alcohol - isopropyl titanium triisostearate - disodium edta - ethylhexyl-glycerin - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - triethoxycaprylylsilane - bht. /- ci 77891/titanium dioxide - ci 77019/mica - ci77491/77492/77499/iron oxides.

on 2/11/2015 3:33:00 PM

I bought this product, because I wanted a primer that evens out skin tone and makes eye makeup go on more evenly. This product comes in a handy tube with a tiny opening, which is fine, as a little goes a very long way. There is only one color available. The primer applies easily, as it has a quite creamy texture. I used it on its own, and in combination with Clarins Ombre Matte and applied both times just the tiniest bit with my fingertips. Before applying the eyeshadow, I let it sink in for a moment. Both times the result seemed to be just what I was looking for: smooth eyelids which had an evened-out tone - although the color is too pinkish for my liking when I used it on its own on my winter-bleak skin. Eyeshadow applies very well and even, the primer makes it easy to layer without creating blotchy spots. The downside came just a few hours afterwards: both times, used on its own and together with eyeshadow, it wandered towards the crease and the rim of my eyes, into my eyes and on my contact lenses. This never happened to me before when using eye creams and/or shadows. I tried it afterwards repeatedly, using lesser and lesser, unfortunately always with the same result. There is still a nearly full tube of a product that in my opinion is a total waste.

on 1/12/2011 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great product. It is the first time I use a primer for my eyeshadow and it keeps my eyeshadow on its place the whole day. I don´t see the colour of the eyeshadow changing only keeping the eyeshaow longer on your eyelids. Would def. buy again !

on 11/10/2009 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Clarin’s website claims: The invisible and lightweight texture gently evens and smoothes the eyelids, for easy make-up application and more youthful-looking eyes. Eyeshadow colour is more beautiful, more intense and very long-lasting. For a flawless, long-wearing make-up result.” Well, let me tell you, they’re not lying. I love everything about this product. I have deep set eyes and a dark ring around them (a bit like a racoon). This product helps erase that “tired look” it also keeps eye makeup looking fresh all day. It comes in a pencil like applicator that you must twist so there is no waiste. Expensive but great product and you don’t need a lot.

on 2/29/2008 7:04:00 AM

This is a primer base for eye-makeup, not a highlighter. Just the packaging is like YSL Touche Eclat, a pen with a brush.
As previous reviewers said, it is a pale pink-beige tint, easy to apply, fixes makeup quite well and doesn't dry up the eyelids.
Regarding that it s a rather tiny pen product lasts for a really long time. I purchased it in July 2007, and still have it - and I use it every day.