Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser

Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lactic Acid, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Acorus Calamus, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, ,Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil/Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample and it was awesome. Gentle on my hypersensitive skin, non irritating overall just really gentle and awesome stuff. I also love the scent, smells very clinical and therapeutic in my opinion. I love Dermalogica products I just however think there are cheaper cleansers that do the same job.

on 8/9/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really liked this cleanser. I put it on in the shower, washed the rest of me, and then rinsed off. My skin felt so smooth, but not parched.

I used it almost every day for a week, and by then the amazingly smooth and clear skin stopped. It didn't get any better, as if my skin acclimated to this stuff.

I thought it did a better job than my Clarisonic. I have not used it with my Clarisonic, since I thought it might be too much.

I liked that it didn't have any scrubby beads to irritate my skin.

It smelled pretty bland, and didn't burn.

I will keep using this, until it gets discontinued.

on 6/3/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Dermalogica has changed my skin for the better. I've always been reluctant to spend a lot of money on skincare and/or makeup, but after trying samples of the Age Smart line, I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin and that sold me on this line. I've been purchasing from Amazon but I'm very cautious about researching the sellers since there are knock offs out there. I'm 52 years old and am fighting wrinkles AND still have occasional breakouts. This line of skincare has made my skin softer and less oily. Totally recommend it!!!

on 1/17/2016 12:29:00 AM

A cleanser is supposed to do one thing: clean; unfortunately, this so called cleanser does not. I do not wear foundation, only tinted moisturizer so it's not like the cleanser has a particularly difficult job to do but apparently Dermalogica's cleanser does. I have tried time and time again to use it in different locations of my face and neck to see if there was one area where it worked better and alas, it didn't worked anywhere. I had to throw it away (thank goodness I didn't buy the large size) because it was useless.

on 1/14/2016 8:46:00 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't rated higher!

I received a sample a year or so ago. When I had run out of my usual cleanser, I reached for this sample to use. I remember washing it off and looking in the mirror and thinking "wow!" Which is definitely not something I usually think after washing my face, and I've used all sorts of cleansers (Jan marini, skinceuticals, proactive, Neostrata, Clinique... Just to name a few!).
I didn't have the spare money at the time for an expensive cleanser, otherwise I probably would have gone out then and there and purchased this.

Fast forward to now and I trialled this product again. I kind of expected that the first time was just a fluke- I'm extremely cynical and hard to impress when it comes to skincare products since I've used so many products and am usually disappointed.
But again, I had the same wow reaction.
I have pretty awful skin- acne prone, blackheads, acne scarring and some redness so I'm always on the lookout for good products to help combat these issues.
My skin just feels so incredibly soft after using this! Not only this, but my large pores look so much more refined and my skin tone looks more uniform. I really hope these results continue (I will update after another month or so)! I'm a little concerned since sodium Laureth Sulfate is the second listed ingredient, and sometimes my skin seems to dry out too much from that, but I'll continue to use it and hope for the best.

I'm very much liking Lactic Acid at the moment (the active ingredient in this). Glycolic tends to make my skin an oil slick and I'm not sure does much, and BHA lessens my break outs to some degree, but does nothing for my skin tone. Lactic acid seems to do the most for me in terms of lessening break outs, refining skin tone and not drying me out (good choice for sensitive skin!).

I would recommend trying this, but get samples if you can since, based on these reviews, it tends to give varying results! And remember to leave it on for at least 30 seconds (I leave it on for a few minutes), otherwise the lactic acid won't have enough time to do its job :)

on 12/13/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this. After two weeks of evening use, I am beginning to see an improvement in my skin dry, sensitive skin. Before I began using this, I could see my tinted moisturizer sitting on my skin, every bump, pore, wrinkle magnified, which was new for me. I'm used to having incredible porcelain skin, but enter 40 and a stressful year and I needed help. I have a childhood scar that seemed to be deepening, and my skin was beginning to look dull. Two weeks later, I feel like I have great skin again. Blackheads diminishing, scar fading, makeup goes on smoothly. I think this was $33 on Amazon, much lower than the rest of the line, This price feels more than reasonable for what it does, and frankly, I'd rather spend a bit more on product that works than the numerous tubes and potions that may be $10 less but don't work at all.

on 11/2/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really love this product. I have dry sensitive skin and use it about 3 times per week. It leaves my skin clean, soft, smooth as a baby's butt and prepped for all my MANY treatments and moisturizers. It contains lactic acid and antioxidants and doesn't irritate or cause redness or itchiness. I can't use it every day, but when I do, my skin looks glowing and beautiful! Definite re-buy!

This is the ticket for me. I'm 52 and still have very oily skin. My pores have always been clogged. I've tried everything under the sun my whole life and have never been successful clearing my pores.

I have a strong magnifying mirror to keep close watch on my always clogged pores. They are for the first time in my life becoming smaller and less filled, and I feel like I look better for the first time in my life.

I'm also using their Precleanse oil which may also be helping, and I also have DHC's Pore Oil. (I like DHC's better than Dermalogica's Precleanse, because it rinses off cleaner. Either/or, I think it's a good idea for someone like me to put on the oil beforehand to get deep pore cleansing.)

This cleanser is worth the money.

This is an extremely good cleanser for making your skin softer and more 'polished'. I have knocked one star off though because I still get some blackheads while using it and you can't use it on your eyes, so have to invest in a second product for that area. It is very good though!!! It is probably worth mentioning that initially it can cause quite a severe reaction to skin, the skin on my cheekbones was sore and red for the first week, but your skin gets used to it quite quickly. No pain, no gain! :)

on 5/3/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

An excellent cleanser that leaves your skin super smooth and bright immediately after using it. It is not a cleanser I use everyday because of the sensitivity of my skin. If I use it 5 days straight I will notice the skin around my lips begins to dry so I only use this once a week or whenever I feel my skin needs a good cleansing and I want to smooth out my skin. It's great if you are in a hurry and have no time for a mask because in 30 seconds just cleansing with this does the job. This product is part of my regime. I'm on my 3rd bottle. Because I don't use it everyday it lasts ages. It comes in a pump bottle which is just what I like. Pricey but worth it.