Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

Water (Aqua), Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Starch, Octenyl Succinate, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Mathylparaben, Proplyparaben, BHT, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

Review for hand lotion (dry skin formula)

Bought a bottle of this at a resale shop and I love it! My hands are super soft and moisterized after wearing this over night, I freaking love it! I'm not too crazy about the banana scent but it does fade after a bit. To be honest, I'd still use this even if the scent never went away, it's that good! NO other lotion/cream has ever left my hands feeling this soft, ever!

I hope the (dry skin) body lotion is as awesome as this. Walmart sales an 18oz pump bottle for $4.98

Update:
Score! The bottle of body lotion I picked up had 40% more for the same $4.98 price. The consistency is definitely thinner (and a bit watery) than the hand lotion, but it still moisturizes nice.
*Not as nice as the hand lotion, but it does leave you soft and ash free all day.
*Coconut oil is the 2nd ingredient listed in both the hand and body lotion.

on 6/16/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this after looking at the ingredients list, which has coconut oil as one of the main ingredients. i have pretty dry sensitive skin all over, so i figured this would be great. after using it daily for a few months, i fell in love. the smell can be a turn off, but i found that it wears off quickly so it doesn't bother me too much. the texture is much thinner than i expected (i like thick formulas that coat my dry skin) but it absorbed quick and surprisingly didn't need to be reapplied multiple times. although i'm not able to use this on my legs and torso due to mild psoriasis (it seemed to irritate it a bit) its a great as a hand moisturizer. i mostly love it for the summer time because it's light and doesn't get sticky when i sweat. there are 2 other varieties which are also great, but this one is my favorite.

on 3/15/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the lotion with the sunless tanner in it, and so far I am pleased with the product. I don't think I would repurchase this if it didn't have the sunless tanner just because the fragance is reminiscent of one of those nasty "tropical" car fresheners, but since it is a sunless tanner (and all sunless tanners stink to some degree) I can tolerate it a little more. I apply it after my shower each night so the color can develop, and thankfully the smell does wear off by the morning. I did notice a peak in stinkiness towards the middle of the night, but since it's not noticeable come morning, it doesn't bother me too much. The color progression is slow to build on my slightly tan Asian skin, but might work better for lighter skin tones. It seems perfect for the wintertime, when a deeper tan would look kind of odd.
Bottom line: Stinky, but not as bad as most sunless tanners on the market. Color is golden and subtle, but won't produce deep tan results. Moisturizing, dries quickly, and is smooth, not sticky.

The packaging isn't pretty and out of the three that I've bought, one wasn't completely full and one had a broken pump. BUT! That's where the bad news ends for me. I like the smell (as does my husband and best friend), it is DIRT CHEAP for a gradual tanner, and it actually moisturizes very well on top of that. I am so very white and this gives me enough color to look healthy. Love, love this product. I was happy to find it.

I've tried a couple other gradual self-tanners. Dove and jergens come to mind. Jergens made me break out on my face AND my back (which I'm not particularly prone to do) and reeked like crazy. Not attractive.

I am very pale and I've been very happy with the slow build-up of colour, which I think looks very natural on me. I like that I can control the depth of colour by how often I apply. It doesn't make my body break out, however, it does seem to make my face break out, so I don't use this on my face.
Would definitely buy again. I like how it smells well enough in the bottle even though i'm not a fruit-scent fan. This has a creaminess to it i like. My skin feels smooth and nourished using this, but so far I've only used it since last November, so I can see where it might get greasy-feeling in the summer.

Also- my boyfriend actually likes how this smells a lot, even the DHA-y smell (go figure). He kept putting it on his hands when he came over until i told him to stop unless he wanted them to be a different color! :P

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product on a whim; coconut oil as the second ingredient was encouraging, but I've been disappointed by many heavy creams and oils before. I have dry hands and extremely dry, flaky, peeling skin around my nails. Nothing has really helped that much, not even heavy-duty products like AmLactin, Zoya Qtica, and Aquaphor. So imagine my surprise when a generous application of this stuff softened the dry, rough skin so much that my hands and nails both look and feel like a human being's! At last! Equally impressive considering how nourishing it is, the formula sunk in right away and didn't leave a sticky residue. I don't care for the smell (jasmine + banana?), but I can definitely get over it considering the performance and low price (US$5 for a bottle that's going to last me a few months, at least).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I didn't review this.

It's probably the BEST lotion I've ever used.
I have no idea why this particular combination of ingredients is so spectacular on my extremely dry skin, but it is.

***HOWEVER***
It. Smells. Like. Vomit.

Like someone smoked too many menthol cigarettes while drinking too many banana daquiris and threw up.
Banana + menthol + weird icky = vomit.

Because of this alone, I will never, EVER repurchase.
Unless of course they change the scent.
In which case I'll be buying stock.

*****************THIS IS NOT the Malbu Tan product that is for self-tanning. This is just a moisturizer. The other one is named "Malibu Tan Golden Glow Skin Firming."**********************

PROS: Very good moisture. Reasonable price. No sticky residue.

CONS: I don't have any cons.

on 7/23/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the ingredients. It seems like a very high quality lotion and is not greasy. The smell was amazing straight out of the bottle kind of like coconuts. After I put it on and it settles it takes on kind of a coconut-strawberry smell. I swear I smell like my strawberry shortcake doll, plastic and all, from when I was five years old. For little over $5 you get an 18 oz. bottle. I will use it more as a hand lotion but I like to rub it on my knees, as well. But, I'll only tolerate the plasticky smell this time around. I won't be re-buying.

this is my HG lotion! i really love it, and for 5 or 6 bucks, you cant go wrong. it has a great sent, great ingreadents and feels nice on my skin.

Popular Lotions / Creams