Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Starch, Octenyl Succinate, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Mathylparaben, Proplyparaben, BHT, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

on 6/16/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this after looking at the ingredients list, which has coconut oil as one of the main ingredients. i have pretty dry sensitive skin all over, so i figured this would be great. after using it daily for a few months, i fell in love. the smell can be a turn off, but i found that it wears off quickly so it doesn't bother me too much. the texture is much thinner than i expected (i like thick formulas that coat my dry skin) but it absorbed quick and surprisingly didn't need to be reapplied multiple times. although i'm not able to use this on my legs and torso due to mild psoriasis (it seemed to irritate it a bit) its a great as a hand moisturizer. i mostly love it for the summer time because it's light and doesn't get sticky when i sweat. there are 2 other varieties which are also great, but this one is my favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product on a whim; coconut oil as the second ingredient was encouraging, but I've been disappointed by many heavy creams and oils before. I have dry hands and extremely dry, flaky, peeling skin around my nails. Nothing has really helped that much, not even heavy-duty products like AmLactin, Zoya Qtica, and Aquaphor. So imagine my surprise when a generous application of this stuff softened the dry, rough skin so much that my hands and nails both look and feel like a human being's! At last! Equally impressive considering how nourishing it is, the formula sunk in right away and didn't leave a sticky residue. I don't care for the smell (jasmine + banana?), but I can definitely get over it considering the performance and low price (US$5 for a bottle that's going to last me a few months, at least).

I've tried a couple other gradual self-tanners. Dove and jergens come to mind. Jergens made me break out on my face AND my back (which I'm not particularly prone to do) and reeked like crazy. Not attractive.

I am very pale and I've been very happy with the slow build-up of colour, which I think looks very natural on me. I like that I can control the depth of colour by how often I apply. It doesn't make my body break out, however, it does seem to make my face break out, so I don't use this on my face.
Would definitely buy again. I like how it smells well enough in the bottle even though i'm not a fruit-scent fan. This has a creaminess to it i like. My skin feels smooth and nourished using this, but so far I've only used it since last November, so I can see where it might get greasy-feeling in the summer.

Also- my boyfriend actually likes how this smells a lot, even the DHA-y smell (go figure). He kept putting it on his hands when he came over until i told him to stop unless he wanted them to be a different color! :P

on 7/23/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the ingredients. It seems like a very high quality lotion and is not greasy. The smell was amazing straight out of the bottle kind of like coconuts. After I put it on and it settles it takes on kind of a coconut-strawberry smell. I swear I smell like my strawberry shortcake doll, plastic and all, from when I was five years old. For little over $5 you get an 18 oz. bottle. I will use it more as a hand lotion but I like to rub it on my knees, as well. But, I'll only tolerate the plasticky smell this time around. I won't be re-buying.

Popular Lotions / Creams