Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Starch, Octenyl Succinate, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Mathylparaben, Proplyparaben, BHT, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

Review for hand lotion (dry skin formula)

Bought a bottle of this at a resale shop and I love it! My hands are super soft and moisterized after wearing this over night, I freaking love it! I'm not too crazy about the banana scent but it does fade after a bit. To be honest, I'd still use this even if the scent never went away, it's that good! NO other lotion/cream has ever left my hands feeling this soft, ever!

I hope the (dry skin) body lotion is as awesome as this. Walmart sales an 18oz pump bottle for $4.98

Update:
Score! The bottle of body lotion I picked up had 40% more for the same $4.98 price. The consistency is definitely thinner (and a bit watery) than the hand lotion, but it still moisturizes nice.
*Not as nice as the hand lotion, but it does leave you soft and ash free all day.
*Coconut oil is the 2nd ingredient listed in both the hand and body lotion.

this is my HG lotion! i really love it, and for 5 or 6 bucks, you cant go wrong. it has a great sent, great ingreadents and feels nice on my skin.

*****************THIS IS NOT the Malbu Tan product that is for self-tanning. This is just a moisturizer. The other one is named "Malibu Tan Golden Glow Skin Firming."**********************

PROS: Very good moisture. Reasonable price. No sticky residue.

CONS: I don't have any cons.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe I didn't review this.

It's probably the BEST lotion I've ever used.
I have no idea why this particular combination of ingredients is so spectacular on my extremely dry skin, but it is.

***HOWEVER***
It. Smells. Like. Vomit.

Like someone smoked too many menthol cigarettes while drinking too many banana daquiris and threw up.
Banana + menthol + weird icky = vomit.

Because of this alone, I will never, EVER repurchase.
Unless of course they change the scent.
In which case I'll be buying stock.

on 3/20/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I usually like Malibu Tan moisturizers a lot but the scent on this one was just too much for me=( other than the scent the moisturization is great!!

on 3/23/2008 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Smells horrible. The actual lotion works alright if you can get over the super strong smell. Both my husband and I thought it smelt gross! Even though it was cheap I won't use it. It was a waste of money.

I've had problems with dry skin for several years, and have tried several different types of lotion, most of which helped little, if any. However, this stuff is great. Not only does it make my skin soft and absorb quickly (I *hate* lotion that just sits on top of your skin), but it makes my cuticles look great and my nails look shiny. Plus, it smells great, like the beach. Highly recommended.

on 12/2/2007 10:24:00 PM

I love the scent of this lotion but I can only wear it with certain fragrances. The one I have doesn't bronze. It moisturizes fairly well and isn't greasy or sticky. My 4 year old loves it and isn't that all that really counts here? lol peace, love and lipgloss

on 11/3/2007 11:24:00 AM

Malibu has a variety of body lotions on the market, primarily available at Wal-Mart for under $6. They come in 18 fl oz rectangular pump bottles. They are manufactured by Creative Laboratories, Inc., of Eagen, Minnesota. This is the same company that manufactures the "Moist Hemp" brand sold at Sally Beauty Supply. This company does no animal testing. Besides this variety, there are five other varieties, that all receive rave reviews elsewhere on the internet, for good reason. This review is purely my opinion and I have received no compensation, from any source, for it.

Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer Body Lotion, packaged in a translucent brown plastic pump bottle, is a medium-weight, white, somewhat gel-consistency lotion that contains many ingredients that lotions and creams many more times its price contain. It is a fabulous moisturizer that contains no petrolatum or mineral oil (undesirable barrier ingredients, in my opinion). It contains THC-Free Virgin Hemp Seed Oil.

I do wish that it came in an bottle with a flip-cap opening at the bottom, but that is a minor thing. What I cannot get past is the ungodly strong, cloying, fermenting pineapple scent this has. Others don't mind it, but I really don't care for it, and it clashes with most of my fragrances. So, I prefer the Malibu White Tea Body Moisturizing Creme Gel because it has even better performance with more premium ingredients and a wonderful mild fragrance. This is the only reason I would not repurchase, as this formula's performance is top-notch.

Check out the ingredients for the price!
INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenyl Succinate, Hempseed Oil (Cannibis sativa), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum), Jojoba Oil (Buxus chinesis), Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus annuus), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Green Tea Extract (Camelia olifera), Calendula Officianalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazonidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

Other varieties:
* Malibu - White Tea Body Mosturizing Creme Gel (my HG!!!)
* Malibu - Sweet Scents Cherry Almond Hemp Body Creme
* Malibu - Sweet Scents Orange Truffle Creme Hemp Body Creme
* Malibu - Hemp Golden Glow Bronzing Moisturizer (Self Tanner)
Check out my review of the White Tea formulation which I highly recommend, and of the Sweet Scents Cherry Almond Hemp Body Creme.

Popular Lotions / Creams