Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer (For Dry Skin)

Water (Aqua), Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Starch, Octenyl Succinate, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Mathylparaben, Proplyparaben, BHT, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

on 11/3/2007 11:24:00 AM

Malibu has a variety of body lotions on the market, primarily available at Wal-Mart for under $6. They come in 18 fl oz rectangular pump bottles. They are manufactured by Creative Laboratories, Inc., of Eagen, Minnesota. This is the same company that manufactures the "Moist Hemp" brand sold at Sally Beauty Supply. This company does no animal testing. Besides this variety, there are five other varieties, that all receive rave reviews elsewhere on the internet, for good reason. This review is purely my opinion and I have received no compensation, from any source, for it.

Malibu Tan Hemp Moisturizer Body Lotion, packaged in a translucent brown plastic pump bottle, is a medium-weight, white, somewhat gel-consistency lotion that contains many ingredients that lotions and creams many more times its price contain. It is a fabulous moisturizer that contains no petrolatum or mineral oil (undesirable barrier ingredients, in my opinion). It contains THC-Free Virgin Hemp Seed Oil.

I do wish that it came in an bottle with a flip-cap opening at the bottom, but that is a minor thing. What I cannot get past is the ungodly strong, cloying, fermenting pineapple scent this has. Others don't mind it, but I really don't care for it, and it clashes with most of my fragrances. So, I prefer the Malibu White Tea Body Moisturizing Creme Gel because it has even better performance with more premium ingredients and a wonderful mild fragrance. This is the only reason I would not repurchase, as this formula's performance is top-notch.

Check out the ingredients for the price!
INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenyl Succinate, Hempseed Oil (Cannibis sativa), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum), Jojoba Oil (Buxus chinesis), Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus annuus), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Green Tea Extract (Camelia olifera), Calendula Officianalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Diazonidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance, Citric Acid.

Other varieties:
* Malibu - White Tea Body Mosturizing Creme Gel (my HG!!!)
* Malibu - Sweet Scents Cherry Almond Hemp Body Creme
* Malibu - Sweet Scents Orange Truffle Creme Hemp Body Creme
* Malibu - Hemp Golden Glow Bronzing Moisturizer (Self Tanner)
Check out my review of the White Tea formulation which I highly recommend, and of the Sweet Scents Cherry Almond Hemp Body Creme.

on 12/2/2007 10:24:00 PM

I love the scent of this lotion but I can only wear it with certain fragrances. The one I have doesn't bronze. It moisturizes fairly well and isn't greasy or sticky. My 4 year old loves it and isn't that all that really counts here? lol peace, love and lipgloss

I've had problems with dry skin for several years, and have tried several different types of lotion, most of which helped little, if any. However, this stuff is great. Not only does it make my skin soft and absorb quickly (I *hate* lotion that just sits on top of your skin), but it makes my cuticles look great and my nails look shiny. Plus, it smells great, like the beach. Highly recommended.

on 3/23/2008 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Smells horrible. The actual lotion works alright if you can get over the super strong smell. Both my husband and I thought it smelt gross! Even though it was cheap I won't use it. It was a waste of money.

on 5/5/2008 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the lotion it made my hands softer. And it smells ok. But when I got it home I noticed it is packaged in a PVC container and that is toxic.
So I would not buy this again unless they package it in a safe container.

on 12/6/2008 6:04:00 PM

This formula works suprisingly well for my skin- I have dry sometimes itchy skin especially during cold weather- and this hydrates so well I don't find myself reapplying all day long. I do not like the smell of this one, it kinda reminds me of vomit (ew I know) thank goodness the dry down is better... so I will probably look for another scent next time but I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at Walmart for under $5. I had to dig around to find it, but find it I did, way at the bottom of the shelves in the back :) It has a pineapple fragrance, which I find to be quite nice, but maybe other people won't like it. The first thing I noticed was that it makes my body feel super silky and soft! If they made this without the self tanner, I'd buy it, just because it sinks in so nicely and feels great. It develops a great tan in a week, a nice golden brownish glow, no orange that I could detect. The reason I would not buy it again and stopped using it, is that after a few hours, the awful self tanner smell starts coming through. It made me really sick to my stomach, it was just so strong. I just couldn't stomach it anymore. I think I'm just going to learn to love my paleness, but I would recommend to anyone that wants a good priced self tanner to try this out, if you don't have a sensitive nose.

on 3/4/2009 2:50:00 AM

I SWEAR by this product. The first time I used it was for my senior prom. I was flat broke because I spent so much on my dress, and had absolutely NO money for the tanning bed, and I needed some color considering my skin is very fair. I tried this, LOVED it, and have been using it ever since. The smell is wonderful and the results are awesome. It looked like I had a great summer glow, not too much, but definitely noticeable. There is also absolutely no orange tint which is awesome. The price of this product is completely reasonable too! Wal-Mart for like, $5? You cannot beat that.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Golden Glow gradual self-tanning lotion. This is by far the best self tanner I have used, and I have tried them all. Does not typically give you any surprise "color blobs" on your hands, ankles etc. The color is subtle and nice, buildable. The smell is nice and it absorbs pretty quickly. It is reasonably priced too.

This was such a great deal! I got it from Walmart for under 5$, and it was the 40% bonus pump bottle (25.4 oz) The smell is really nice, kind of tropical, and a hint of a banana smell to it. I really like it. My skin stays moisturized for most of the day when Ii use this in the morning. Its also a plus that it's not tested on animals, and is made of hemp!

Popular Lotions / Creams