Bobbi Brown Palette System Holder (Limited Edition)

No Image

on 3/15/2008 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm quite pleased with this little palette system holder. Mine is the pink quartz faux leather and I'm very happy with the brushes included. The eyeshadow brush is top quality, the eye liner brush is a miniature version of my favorite all-time eye liner brush and the blush brush is full and soft and picks up and distributes both powder and blush beautifully. Since I have a nice covered lip brush I'm happy to use the extra spot for a travel mascara, I place lippies in the little pocket on the right and my Pink Raspberry palette fits perfectly inside. I also place a pressed powder compact inside and a mini foundation stick! I like how compact the system is as it takes up very little space in my bag, yet it holds and organizes everything I need! I almost wish I had a black one to use as an alternate!

on 11/2/2007 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointing little makeup bag! I was really looking forward to a decent, travel-sized, blush brush, since BB doesn't sell them individually. The MUA at BB steered me in the direction of this kit, and told me it was a great buy. It might have been- if they included a blush brush with a decent-sized head of bristles on it! The one I got in this kit is way too small to apply blush properly to my cheeks. The brush is dense, but since it is small, it is also "hard." This makes it difficult to apply and blend the blush to your cheeks in a natural looking way.
I hate to admit that this was the main reason I bought this kit, because I am not crazy about the Everything Mascara that's also included (actually, it's one of the worst mascaras I've ever used in my life); and I already have HG eyeshadow brushes, and 3 BB eyeliner brushes that came w/ other palettes. The little pink bag that houses these 4 other items is a tad small, but I guess you could fit a shimmerbrick inside for travel. I feel like an idiot, because I saw on the BB website that she is offering another kit called "Pink Quartz Mini Brush Set," and I would MUCH rather have that one. I don't know why the BB girl didn't show me both sets at the time (probably becuz the Pink Quartz set is cheaper!), becuz I certainly would have chosen the latter! Anyway, I would highly recommend the Pink Quartz Mini Brush Set over this Palette System Holder. I'm going to call the BB counter tomorrow and see if I can manage to exchange without the original box it came packaged in... wish me luck! ;o)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools