Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 in Pear

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is $8 or $9 on fleabay ($25 for a trio of cranberry/mango/original), I got Pear too I love all of the flavors. I'm normally sensitive to Lanolin but this lipbalm has my lips feeling good! Do i dare say I enjoy it so much it is an addictive behavior (I'm a recovering addict), this is something I don't have to feel guilty about. My HG is MAC lip conditioner I have 2 more on order in fact but I am a lipbalm fiend! I love it I'm addicted I can never get enough lol pear is so sweet it's delightfully sweet & spring-like since it is March I'm happy for things that remind me of coming out of the winter cocoon

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Yum-I never liked the original but the pear is fantastic. I actually like that it isn't a slanted applicator, but that's probably more my nostalgic side speaking along with the part of me that despises how those applicators always get funky and gunked up and gross which is no more sanitary than my finger. That would probably add to cost too and people have been buying this stuff as is for ages. Anyway, if the blah smell of the plain turned you off this would be worth a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was on Accutane and had horribly chapped lips, I used this lip balm over the more affordable alternatives- Aquaphor and Vaseline. Kiehls mastered the texture/consistency even though there are similar ingredients in both. It smells so delicious and lasts a good amount of time. I just wish they would make a stick version that is not intended for babies so that I don't have to apply with my finger all the time. Although I'd take the tube over jar any day.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

love the pear scent. why is this limited edition? this is my favorite of all the kiehls lipbalms. this is very hydrating and the only complaint I have is that they should have added a slant tip applicator so you wouldn't have to use your fingers to apply.

Oh Kiehl's lipbalms... is there any way to make your packaging better? It comes in a squeeze tube, but pray tell, why is the tip not slanted but uncomfortably teensy and flat? This forces me to use my finger anyway to apply, so... why not put it in a pretty jar instead? The logic here is weird to me.

I do, however, love the pear taste (more than I like the cranberry one), but I also wish it was more moisturizing. As I wrote in my review for the cranberry flavored one, this might be better advertised as a lipgloss, since as a balm, there are so many, many other ones that get the job done better, and for cheaper. I will use up my tube, but I will not repurchase.

I'm usually not a big fan of flavored lip products, because they always tend to taste too artificial. This one is an exception. The scent is very fresh, not too strong. And of course this keeps your lips moisturized like the classic Kiehl's lip balm.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was one of the first Kiehls products I've ever tried. This is pretty much your basic lip balm but with a faint scent of pear. As it isn't a blatant or strong scent, I kind of like that the sweetness is very subtle. I also wouldn't say it smells "delicious"; it kind of smells like a watered down version of a soapy pear. It still smells nice, but definitely could be improved from a flowery scent.

The consistency is soft and very emollient. The balm comes in a flat-tipped tube which is very inconvenient at times, since you are forced to use your fingers. This is colourless but provides a lot of moisture for your lips.

Addictive stuff. The pear, cranberry, and mint are limited editions, so of course I had to get my hands on them. I don't like the mint scented, so I bought the pear and the cranberry. Now I alternate between this, the cranberry one, and the plain #1 balm on a weekly basis. It's very light yet it is effective in protecting my lips from the cold and dry air. I do wish the tube came with a slanted applicator tip, but at least the squeeze tube looks cute with its retro apothecary look. A little dab of this stuff covers my lips well so I don't need to use much of the product each time. The scented balms are more expensive compared to the plain balm: $11 Cdn vs $8 Cdn. Pssst, for 2008, they came out with 3 more limited edition scents: vanilla, coconut and mango!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

AMAZING! incredibly moisturizing, smooth and the pear scent is to die for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure