GHD Original GHD Hairstyling Iron with Ceramic Technology

4.3

on 6/14/2018 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This review is for the 2" Max Styler GHD iron. love this iron!! I previously owned an HAI Glider. It lasted over 15 years! I know right! I decided on this because the Glider was over 2” and in my quest for a replacement I saw that GHD has a max iron that is 2”. I tried 4 other irons:Babyliss Pro both the titanium and the ceramic and the new HAI Gold Convertible. Titanium was not for me. It did not leave my hair shiny or glossy but rather dry looking and fried. The HAI was ok but it was much smaller 1.25 wide and almost an inch shorter in the plate size. My hair had static and fly aways...and this is the middle of summer. Then I got the GHD.... and was in love❤️. The iron heats up in 20 seconds(love the little beep to tell you it's ready)and has an auto shut off...In case I'm forgetful. It straightens larger sections perfectly and tames my frizzy curly hair into straight, shiny, glossy hair and best yet it was snag free, the plates just floated over my hair. I love that it heats up to the perfect 365 degrees. I don’t have to worry about my hair burning. Great 👍 brand! By the way watch their site for sales. I know they are pricey but they had a sale and I got mine for half off.

I'm completely in love. I recently stayed in a hotel with this hair straightener in the bathroom and had to order one for myself (I placed the order with Sephora that same day). I always wondered why my hair always left the salon feeling so smooth and silky while I've never been able to achieve this at home. Now I know! This is what they're using, and it's amazing. My hair feels silky, light and shiny after using this on my hair and it lasts all day, or until the next time you wash your hair. I am never going to go back to my old hair straightener again.

on 10/27/2017 1:48:00 PM

YES (this is about the original but I heard there is a new model? This review is for the one that has been sold 8 years ago so I can't comment on any changes to new models people have claimed). If you're trying to grow your hair out and maintain its health, get this. Stop buying $50 straighteners - I went through 3 or 4 in a few years from Winners, with same technology (or so claimed) and they all broke. I bit the bullet and splurged on this GHD, feeling completely ridiculous (but deseparate). Well I have had this GHD for EIGHT YEARS - it is indestructible. I have dropped this SO MANY TIMES, so so hard (on pavement, ceramic tile, from very high places lol), I honestly think if I bashed this with a hammer it wouldn't have a mark on it. Since using it I've been able to grow my hair longer than ever. If it were 3x the price I would still buy this; it's that essential to me. It's "expensive" but in the long run, less expensive than any cheaper kind, because it will be your one and only straightener for at least 10 years.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The Original MK IV GHD Salon Styler has apparently been discontinued and don't be fooled thinking the "classic" is anywhere near the same quality. The original GHD was he best flat iron I had ever used - straightened in one pass and kept it straight even in humid Florida. It also lasted me 7-8 years and still works - I just dropped it one too many times and a plate finally came out, and whil I can push it in and still use it I am afraid of my hair getting caught. The new one now has a gap between the plates and does not straighten the same way. It takes multiple passes and I'm still needing to use the old one I just paid to replace on problem areas. A piece of the new one already broke off in the first month of use also. I called customer service and apparently this gap is an active choice to let it "glide through the hair more easily" - it glides alright, but when a flat iron does not actually close on your hair I don't know how it's supposed to do its job. I suppose this could be useful for hair that doesn't need a strong flat iron but then why would you pay such a high price? I will never be repurchasing from GHD again and am very disappointed in the inferior product they now make.

I used to be a GHD fan. I had my Original 1" for 7-8 years, and only recently it started showing signs of fatigue, meaning it no longer does a great job at straightening, as it used to.
So I wanted to stick with GHD, since I was so happy with it. I bought the 1" Classic Styler from Sephora (so I guess it's the real thing), but when I went to try it on I was so disappointed....the plates don't grip hair as well as the old one did, and for the top part of the hair strand it just glides without doing anything. The strand doesn't look flat ironed by any stretch of the imagination, my guess is that it either doesn't get hot enough, or the plates don't close as tightly as they should.

The whole iron feels lighter and I suppose the fact that they are now being manufactured in China has everything to do with it. I have yet to find one product made in China that performs well.

I am taking it back to Sephora, and I will need to end my love affair with GHD unfortunately.

GHD, bad, BAD move moving your production to China. I know it's cheaper, but your quality went straight in the garbage can.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Been with this brand for years and years, have so many of their products and i absolutely adore their straightener. Such amazing quality, long lasting as well.

My favourite hair straightener, it's going on 7+ years old I thought about buying a newer model but I've heard bad reviews about the new versions and I think the newer models don't straighten my hair enough like the older versions. Still going strong

on 5/5/2015 9:44:00 PM

This is by far the most overrated and overpriced styling product I've been suckered into buying. It's... fine. I'd pay $50 for it. But it's not magic, and I honestly can't see the difference between my GHD and the cheapy straightener I owned previously. It doesn't even have a temperature control.

Don't believe the hype.

Mine works great. I love my GHD straightener. I nearly use it 4 times each week but which also did not fry my hair.
I also bought it cheaper just $123.99 on http://www.magicqueen.com/Product-GHD-Classic-Styler-Ceramic-Hair-Straightener-198.html.

on 8/27/2014 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought mine before the school year started last year. I absolutely love this flat iron, but my hair can never stay straighten, especially the ends. They do this weird flip out from every angle(even when my hair's cut). And last March my flat iron just pooped out on me, light didn't flash, no heat, no nothing. But I brought it in about a month ago and they replaced it, no questions asked. They even offered me my money back! If this one breaks and I can't get another for free, I won't buy it again, mine cost almost $200.

Popular Hair Styling Tools