4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I bought with a 40% discount while I was killing time at Sally. I can say this is an awesome product. I have combo skin, and I've been using it day and night. At night I use it with a facial brush and I am surprised that it removes every bit of makeup, and leaves my face feeling really clean and soft, but you do need to hurry and apply moisturizer because the clean feeling will soon become tightness. In the morning, I jus foam it and gently rub it in my face, no brush needed. This has helped me control the oil and redness around my nose.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I purchased this on a lark at Sallys and only because I had a few more dollars to spend to get me to my monthly 15% off reward. I am pleasantly surprised. I use Cetaphil (not the "for oily skin" version) every morning and at night, I remove my MMU and SS w/ grapeseed/sweet almond/vitamin E oils, wipe off w/ washcloth or a MU wipe and then usually follow w/ Cetaphil and my Clarisonic. I figured I'd try this in place of my nightly Cetaphil. Its cheap and I was very happy to read someone's suggestion of shaking the tube before each use to properly mix + open tube when its facing up only - these 2 suggestions completely solved the "product separation" and the "spewing upon opening" problems. CONS: This leaves my face feeling a bit tight once its all rinsed away so I don't care for that. (Obviously this is fixed w/ my nightly moisturizer, but still...) Product STINGS THE CRAP out of my eyes - I was not aware my eyes were in the slightest open during cleaning - I was WRONG! Now I screw my eyes TIGHTLY shut when using. PROS: Unexpected bonus = it removes all my MMU and SS by itself =- tried an experiment by skipping the oil and wipe and just used this (both w/ and w/out my Clarisonic). There was nothing on the cotton ball laced w/ witch hazel toner after = clean skin. :) It removes 80% of my waterproof mascara = I am very pleased w/ that (I have found that almost nothing beyond a separate eye mu remover removes all 100% of my bionic waterproof mascara.) This is cheap and always on the shelf at Sallys. Would I repurchase?.....I marked yes, but its a maybe - do I really need this extra product in my routine....hmmmmm...if I didn't use oils, then yes I'd definitely repurchase, but since I do, its kind of duplicitive since Cetaphil does a fine job post oils too.

About reviewer (624 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

This is a great face wash. I got it really cheap at Sally's so thought it was worth trying. Prior to this, I used Aveeno regularly and tried Philosophy as well. This takes all my makeup off, including eye makeup! It leaves my skin super clean, i love it. I didn't really notice the scent so it's not annoying. After using this, my breakouts have decreased considerably. It would be nice if the packaging was a pump instead of a squeeze thing. I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 because it does sting my eyes ALOT (unlike aveeno and philosophy). if it didn't sting, it would PERFECT. try this!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

9 years ago

I was really surprised about this cleanser. For reference, I have oily, sensitive skin that is prone to congestion and hormonal acne. It did a good job of removing my makeup without drying my skin and didn't make my face all irritated. It had a nice smell which was a relief and I allow it to sit on my face before rinsing in order for some of the ingredients to do their work. I also thought it was too runny initially, but thanks to a fellow mua suggestion, I shake the bottle before use. I think I spent only 7 bucks on this and Sally's usually has a sale on these products.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

This happened to be one of my bulk Sally purchases. I decided to try it because I happened to read a lot of glowing reviews on how this cleanser made people's faces feel extremely fresh & squeaky clean. I've been using my Cetaphil for Oily skin facial cleanser, (which I happen to love) but I decided to give this cleanser a try. Well, I happened to fall in love with this cleanser... It is very refreshing & makes my face feel "squeaky clean", but in a GOOD way. My face does not feel over-dried. My face feels soft & thoroughly clean. I think that this cleanser is absolutely perfect for my oily/ acne prone skin. My skin also felt calmer after washing with it. Also, you can't beat the price of this cleanser either.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

9 years ago

VERY drying. I mean INCREDIBLY DRYING. I think it is the most drying cleanser I have ever tried, and I have tried many. I have combination skin that leans toward combo oily in summer and combo dry in winter. I tried this end of summer, before my skin was even having the tendency to get dried out. I washed, and when I dried my face, it was so tight & dry it was painful. within a few hours I had white flaky patches all over my face. it's no wonder - it foams like crazy!! I've never seen something foam so much - they put waaaayy too much surfactant/detergent in this. I'm shocked at the high ratings for this actually. wish it had worked for me, it was cheap. :-(

About reviewer (341 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have been using this product for about 6 months now , I have always had problems with my skin (dry ,sensitive, acne,) I LOVE this cleanser it is so gentle but really removes makeup well, leaves my face so soft not dry and tight like some do, for the price I would recomed to anyone to try you can easily buy the whole line for under 100.00 such a bargain.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

My favorite cleanser at the time. It cleanses extremely well, all traces of my waterproof liner, mascara, gone without any scrubbing. Leave your face squeaky clean without drying it up. A pea size amt is all you need, so the tube will definitely lasts for a while. The price is pretty reasonable as well. Nothing but praises for this product from me

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

from

10 years ago

This is an excellent cleanser! I think it is going to become a staple for me. I've been using it for a few months. It cleans the skin very thorougly, removes all makeup without drying the skin and without leaving any residue. Just leaves skin feeling squeaky clean and smooth. A little (pea size amount) is enough for the whole face. I noticed a lot of reviewers complained of the liquidy, runny texture. YOU NEED TO SHAKE UP YOUR TUBE! The first time I used it, it was runny as described in other reviews, but I just gave it a good shake and realized the product had separated in the tube, probably from sitting on the store shelf for too long. So shake it up and you'll get the real texture, which is that of a CREAM cleanser, not runny at all. You'll probably get better results after you do this too, as I imagine the liquidy ingredients without the creamy ones mixed in makes for a more drying cleanser. It really does foam up nicely and is just a great basic, cream cleanser. Hasn't irritated my acne-prone skin at all (I'm on retin-A and love that it doesn't dry my skin further). I tried this cleanser because I really love the SPF15 face cream from the same Vita C++ line, and both of those might be HGs for me now. Definitely give it a try! It's a great cleanser at a great price. A little pricier than other products in the BB line for the relatively small amount you get (4oz) but as I said, a little goes a long way. When I want some gentle exfoliation I mix this with a tiny but of St. Ive's apricot cleanser and it makes a great gentle daily scrub! :) My thoughts on other BB products I've tried so far: I got excited and tried some of Beyond Belief's other products too -- the 3-in-1 natural focus (melon-scented) cleanser, natural focus brightening eye serum, and the ABH pore refining scrub. Unfortunately I think both the cleanser and scrub make me break out (the cleanser has corn starch and I think maybe my skin doesn't like the soybean or fennel oil in the scrub-- too bad because I LOVE the natural fennel scent). And the eye serum stings when I accidentally get some in my eye (easy to do when you apply it all over your lids & undereye, as it says) and the lid doesn't screw on anymore which makes it kind of useless.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I used this with my Clarisonic today, and holy moly, what a difference from the Clarisonic cleansers! I did love the Clarisonic right away, but it was still leaving many pores dirty/blackhead looking. Although I have acne prone combination skin, I bought the Vita C+ cleanser instead of Beyond Belief's ABH one because I am using the ABH scrub and toner, and was afraid too much ABH would break me out. This cleanser is awesome! Many more pores came out clean, and my face was not dried out at all as with the Clarisonic gentle cleanser. It also felt really smooth and nice! I followed it with Beyond Belief's ABH toner and Vita C+ SPF 15 moisturizer, and my face looks super clean and healthy. It has a nice healthy matte glow, and the lines between my brows are smoother than with any other cream I used (although I haven't tried that many). This combination of products looks and feels like a real winner to me, and I can't wait to see what my skin looks like in a couple months. PS: Do be careful when you open it though, be sure the cap is facing the ceiling all the way, because it does ooze all over when you pop it open.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure