Chapstick Strawberry

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not really a Chapstick fan. I much prefer the brand Lip Smackers as those usually do a better job hydrating my lips (for even cheaper, too).

But I found this in my beauty cabinet last week and needed something for my lips since I destroyed my go-to lip balm on accident. I never ever go to bed without some type of balm on my lips. Hydration plays a very big role in anti-aging skincare and I know if I forgo lip balm, I'll wake up in the morning with almost bleeding lips. They are chronically chapped.

Immediately after using this shade in particular I noticed I really like the way my lips look wearing this. It's only a little bit lighter than my natural lip color. The chapstick seems to make them look filled in and smoothed out. I also like the strawberry scent, and appreciate that they didn't put any mint-type ingredient in this. Mint sensation is a HUGE deal breaker for me in any lip products. Chapstick has a few. :\ But strawberry is safe.

I have woken up every morning with very soft lips and a layer of dead skin to wipe off easily. Since using this I feel like my lips are left hydrated a little bit longer than usual even after removing it. I put it on before a matte lip gloss today and it actually looked nice. I HATE the matte trend (drying/aging) so that's a pretty big deal to me.

Last but not least - I'm glad this is not in tub packaging. I've thrown balms away before based off the fact tub packaging is gross and messy.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is one of the best smelling lip balms I've ever used! To me, it smells like strawberry cotton candy. However, it is not overly sweet. I like to prep my lips with this when I'm going to wear a matte lipstick. That way, I have some moisture that keeps my lips from getting overly dry. This product can be found in most drugstores and mass retailers. The price is quite reasonable, too!

To Read all 69 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favourite chapsticks- I've been repurchasing the Strawberry Chapstick for years and years - the smell is what absolutely seals the deal and I always get people asking "what smells so delicious" when I put it on. I love that it has 15+spf (very important in Aus) and feels lovely and smooth, lasting a fairly long time (if you don't eat). I'm not crazy about some of the synthetic ingredients as most chapsticks I use are more natural, but I can't help myself. Really yummy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?"

Innocent enough question that's asked every time anyone reviews a product on MUA : /.

My answer, unfortunately, is hellsssss yes. Would I buy it again? Yes, yes, YES!!!! 50 of the little bastards at a time on sale, yes; recurring Amazon bulk subscription yes; why doesn't Costco currently carry in-store?!! because I'd load up a cart with this shizzle, yes.

By that, I mean to say, yeah, I guess I'd repurchase this stuff if I ever ran out, but that's not gonna happen because I treat this as essential as water when it comes to stocking up for "the big one" that may or may not hit San Francisco.

Still, I realize that it's basically like heroin. Not all that beneficial when you really think about it but I'm trapped in a 30-year addiction to Strawberry Chapstick and I'd prolly get the DTs without. Blargh. It is what it is.

Stupid addictive no-good lip balm.

on 6/20/2015 7:14:00 AM

I decided to give other Chapstick flavors another chance after using the creamy feeling goodness of the Cake Batter one. I was really looking forward to using this during summer. When I did use it, I was SOOOO disappointed. The flavor / scent was chemical like & no where as mmm inducing & the feel was so much more waxy than the Cake Batter. It was not an enjoyable experience. I tossed the pack out.

on 6/19/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff is really good. I use this in the spring and summer for my lips because this isn't strong enough to heal my cracked lips in winter. It goes on smoothly, and moisturizes enough for my lips during these months. I don't like the smell to much and my boyfriend hates kissing me when I have this stuff on cause it tastes gross to him but it is a great product for the price

on 3/15/2015 1:37:00 PM

amazing!!! i love lip balms and this one is a must have. its smooth smells like strawberry milk and stays on for a good while. i love the cherry also! these 2 and nivea milk and honey are my favorites :)

My fav Chapstick flavor. Moisturizing, smells great, leaves a slight tint. Perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have severely chapped lips - not just dry but it can get really bad. I went on a trip to Nevada once in an area where the air was extremely dry and my lips had a burning sensation because they were so chapped. A doctor gave me this lip balm (the one without SPF) and it saved me. Before that, I was using carmen which dried my lips out even more. This lip balm is amazing for my lips and I've tried tons of things such as all the cult favorites, burts bees, nipple balm, lotion, you name it! It works when all the other Chapstick products don't! I'd say give it a try if you haven't yet. The smell is sweet and slightly medicinal which I actually like. I don't get a tint at all and it is a dry waxy (not too waxy) and not shiny texture on my lips. My lips are addicted to it but it's done better than any other product has for me so I will continue to repurchase.

on 8/14/2014 5:50:00 PM

This is my favourite lip balm and chapstick. I have tried all the others on and off but always go back to the Chapstick Strawberry with SPF 15. I have used this for over 20 years!! I find with the other brands they can leave a yucky taste, or dry out very quick, rub off quickly, don't do a good enough job of nourishing or protecting the lips, some of the others don't even have SPF in them.
I use this every single day and it does a much better job than the more expensive brands

Popular Lip Treatments