DHC Q10 Facial Film Soap

Filtered by hair type : Straight
DHC Q10 Facial Film Soap

3.7

on 11/2/2009 6:32:00 AM

Oh man, I love this! I got the entire box of it for free from a purchase of Vogue. I, too, cut the film into 4 pieces. I don't use this on my face because I find it way too drying. (That's why I took a lippie off) Instead I use it as an alternative for a hygienic hand-soap! I find soaps that sit there in a puddle of germy water gross. I also don't like wasting my Body Shop shower gels on my hands. So this, is really a miracle. I find that it is something I like to carry when I go out because most public bathrooms here don't have soaps.

Love it, so efficient. They should just change the name of the product to "portable soap" - haha! I showed it to my bf and he was like, "Wow, cool!"

on 3/6/2009 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best thing about this product is that it is fragrance free. Otherwise, it's just soap with gimmicky packaging, and because it is soap, I found it drying to my skin. Overall, I'm not impressed.
Ingredients: sodium laurate, water, sodium myristate, glycerin, hydroxypropyl, methylcellulose, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, phenoxyethanol, hydrated silica, gelatin, soluble collagen, decyl glucoside, etidronic acid, sodium hyaluronate, ubiquinone. continued >>

on 9/10/2008 11:04:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of all the extra packaging these require (packaged as singles), but I can see why it's necessary - because the individual films would stick to each other if they were stacked together. Anyway ...... I really like this cleanser. I use it after the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, and it leaves my skin clean and soft. I actually tear each of these films in half so that I get two uses out of each one. They lather up nicely when you add water to them, and rinse completely clean. My skin looks wonderful since using these plus the other Q10 line of products (Toner, Milk, Cream). I have oily, clog-prone and acne-prone skin, and this cleanser works beautifully for me. Very happy! :)

on 11/16/2007 8:21:00 AM

The latest skincare product from DHC, and another instant HG for me! I'm a DHC devotee, and the Cleansing Oil, Mild Soap, and various moisturizers have been in heavy rotation for me over the last 3 years. Now I've added a new product to the lineup with these soap films. Each square piece of film is individually wrapped, and protected from heat and moisture. You simply hold the sheet in your palm, add a bit of water, and rub between your fingers to create a nice lather. Absolutely you can cut them in half before using, and double the mileage of this product. The lather is rich and luxurious, and the product is virtually scent-free. It also washes off completely - no filmy residue. I have used these religiously over the last several weeks as the weather has gotten colder. The Q10 provides slightly more moisture than the Mild Soap. My face is clean, super-soft, and glowing, with no breakouts, allergic reactions, or patchy dryness. As someone who travels frequently for work, these are brilliant for the traveler, and I will be using this throughout the colder months, whether on the road or at home. Get a free sample and see for yourself...I am totally impressed with the results.

on 11/12/2007 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

These are individual slices of soap. Once wet, the consistency and performance is very similar to DHC's mild soap bar. I prefer soap-free cleansers but this product is easy to travel with.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a really cool idea-- individually packaged soap "sheets"! I had a sample of this and a pack came with my new Q10 set. These would be great for travel. After trying it both ways, I highly recommend tearing the sheets in half, since you actually get way more lather than you need with the whole film. As far as being a good cleansing product, this seemed really similar to Mild Soap to me-- lots of lather. I can't comment on its antiaging properties because it looks to be mostly cleanser with little Q10, but I will update as I'm about to start using the whole set.