DHC Q10 Facial Film Soap

DHC Q10 Facial Film Soap

4.1

sodium laurate, water, sodium myristate, glycerin, hydroxypropyl, methylcellulose, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, phenoxyethanol, hydrated silica, gelatin, soluble collagen, decyl glucoside, etidronic acid, sodium hyaluronate, ubiquinone

on 8/8/2008 8:47:00 AM

This is WONDERFUL to use at home and especially for traveling. Actually, one sheet gives me four uses (I cut into four squares). One quarter of a square is PLENTY of lather for your face. So if you get four uses from one sheet, and 40 sheets are $7 (on sale), that's 160 uses so that's really not a bad price. This lathers wonderfully, is not drying on your skin, cleans well, rinses well. It's a great cleanser to use after the DHC cleansing oil.

on 11/10/2010 10:15:00 AM

I stumbled on HC products after receiving their magazine and samples for several years. For some reason, the magazine kept getting thrown away but I managed to pull the samples out first. Their Deep Cleansing Oil samples are what pulled me in.

The Q10 Facial Film Soap was recommended to me by an online representative for DHC. Here are my ratings:

Overall: 3
A 3 because the sheets are too big, in my opinion, and offer way too much lather. To solve this, I tore off small segments at a time...to me it would have been easier to squirt some in my hand. Also, it really didn't do anything different for my skin that I could see or feel.

Price: 1
The price was great, as these lasted me many months.

Packaging Quality: 5
Definitely the best quality for someone that travels often. In fact, I do not travel often but if I would have been thinking...I would have recognized my frustration at having to tear bits off, ordered something else to use at home, and saved these for traveling. Very convenient packaging....but not for at home.

on 9/10/2008 11:04:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of all the extra packaging these require (packaged as singles), but I can see why it's necessary - because the individual films would stick to each other if they were stacked together. Anyway ...... I really like this cleanser. I use it after the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, and it leaves my skin clean and soft. I actually tear each of these films in half so that I get two uses out of each one. They lather up nicely when you add water to them, and rinse completely clean. My skin looks wonderful since using these plus the other Q10 line of products (Toner, Milk, Cream). I have oily, clog-prone and acne-prone skin, and this cleanser works beautifully for me. Very happy! :)

on 7/16/2013 7:35:00 PM

This is a great basic facial cleanser which is why I think its perfect for travel. I keep them at my SOs house so i can use them at night or mornings since they are just thin convenient sheets. I cut them in half usually because they foam up very well. They are gentle enough to use everyday and i just really love them! The price is pretty good for such a nice product! I have recommended to a few people, and my mom has been using them and loves them! 5 lippies :)

on 11/2/2009 6:32:00 AM

Oh man, I love this! I got the entire box of it for free from a purchase of Vogue. I, too, cut the film into 4 pieces. I don't use this on my face because I find it way too drying. (That's why I took a lippie off) Instead I use it as an alternative for a hygienic hand-soap! I find soaps that sit there in a puddle of germy water gross. I also don't like wasting my Body Shop shower gels on my hands. So this, is really a miracle. I find that it is something I like to carry when I go out because most public bathrooms here don't have soaps.

Love it, so efficient. They should just change the name of the product to "portable soap" - haha! I showed it to my bf and he was like, "Wow, cool!"

on 7/1/2008 2:29:00 AM

This is GREAT for travelling and for after Gym/Swim session. It lathers really well, so well that I think half a sheet is good enough for each wash. I agreed with other reviewers that it's better to tear or cut into half before using.

on 11/16/2007 8:21:00 AM

The latest skincare product from DHC, and another instant HG for me! I'm a DHC devotee, and the Cleansing Oil, Mild Soap, and various moisturizers have been in heavy rotation for me over the last 3 years. Now I've added a new product to the lineup with these soap films. Each square piece of film is individually wrapped, and protected from heat and moisture. You simply hold the sheet in your palm, add a bit of water, and rub between your fingers to create a nice lather. Absolutely you can cut them in half before using, and double the mileage of this product. The lather is rich and luxurious, and the product is virtually scent-free. It also washes off completely - no filmy residue. I have used these religiously over the last several weeks as the weather has gotten colder. The Q10 provides slightly more moisture than the Mild Soap. My face is clean, super-soft, and glowing, with no breakouts, allergic reactions, or patchy dryness. As someone who travels frequently for work, these are brilliant for the traveler, and I will be using this throughout the colder months, whether on the road or at home. Get a free sample and see for yourself...I am totally impressed with the results.

on 10/25/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a basic mild soap with a nifty delivery system. The single use packets contain what feels like a thin sheet of plastic. When you add water the sheet disolves into foam. I can see where these packets would be good for traveling, and the packaging makes them very hygenic. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of soap for the face. Moreover, I think these are a bit pricey for what amounts to your average bar of Ivory or Dove. Also, there's the hassle of having to order this product versus purchasing it off the shelf. If you like to use soap and want to add some novelty to your skincare routine, give these a try. Otherwise, save your money.

on 6/24/2011 9:27:00 AM

I love this soap. It has beeen the staple product me for about a year now. As mentioned by others, a single film is too much for one use / I use half in the morning and half in the evening. The scent is very mild, my face feels clean without any dryness, and it does not irritate my somewhat sensitive skin. I use it with clarisonic everyday. Price is very reasonable.

on 11/19/2010 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I got some samples of this in the mail and really like it. The sheets make a lot of really soft, foamy lather and my face didn't feel stripped afterward, just clean and soft. I follow it with a sample of the CoQ10 face cream and it seems to keep my oily skin in check without making it tight.

I probably won't reorder this as I just started repping for MARK products and really like their gel cleanser and antioxidant moisturizer as well, and because I'm a rep I can get it on the cheap.

By and large, this seems to be a really nice product and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who didn't have dry skin. Love the sanitary packaging, too..."5" for that!