DHC Q10 Facial Film Soap

DHC Q10 Facial Film Soap

4.1

sodium laurate, water, sodium myristate, glycerin, hydroxypropyl, methylcellulose, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, phenoxyethanol, hydrated silica, gelatin, soluble collagen, decyl glucoside, etidronic acid, sodium hyaluronate, ubiquinone

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a really cool idea-- individually packaged soap "sheets"! I had a sample of this and a pack came with my new Q10 set. These would be great for travel. After trying it both ways, I highly recommend tearing the sheets in half, since you actually get way more lather than you need with the whole film. As far as being a good cleansing product, this seemed really similar to Mild Soap to me-- lots of lather. I can't comment on its antiaging properties because it looks to be mostly cleanser with little Q10, but I will update as I'm about to start using the whole set.

on 11/5/2007 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Even though i don't NEED this product, I'm VERY tempted to purchase it. I got a sample in the latest DHC catalog, and i was immediately impressed, without even having tried it. And even though i haven't actually torn one in half and used it, i completely agree with Princess, you surely could get away with tearing them in half. The lather is incredibly generous with a whole sheet. The next time I'm traveling light, i hope that I've got these in stock, b/c it'll definitely leave room in that infamous zip lock baggie for other must-haves that we women seem to cherish.

I should point out that i cannot comment on the Q10 aspect of this product, but that seems a waste to me. I hope they come out with a regular so that maybe they can drop the price a buck or two. As it is now, you get 40 in a pack for $9.50 (on sale for $7 until 11/30), which is why i would only use them for travel.

on 11/12/2007 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

These are individual slices of soap. Once wet, the consistency and performance is very similar to DHC's mild soap bar. I prefer soap-free cleansers but this product is easy to travel with.

on 11/16/2007 8:21:00 AM

The latest skincare product from DHC, and another instant HG for me! I'm a DHC devotee, and the Cleansing Oil, Mild Soap, and various moisturizers have been in heavy rotation for me over the last 3 years. Now I've added a new product to the lineup with these soap films. Each square piece of film is individually wrapped, and protected from heat and moisture. You simply hold the sheet in your palm, add a bit of water, and rub between your fingers to create a nice lather. Absolutely you can cut them in half before using, and double the mileage of this product. The lather is rich and luxurious, and the product is virtually scent-free. It also washes off completely - no filmy residue. I have used these religiously over the last several weeks as the weather has gotten colder. The Q10 provides slightly more moisture than the Mild Soap. My face is clean, super-soft, and glowing, with no breakouts, allergic reactions, or patchy dryness. As someone who travels frequently for work, these are brilliant for the traveler, and I will be using this throughout the colder months, whether on the road or at home. Get a free sample and see for yourself...I am totally impressed with the results.

on 11/18/2007 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a really cool product. I normally dislike soap due to my dry skin but this is a mild but rich lather that cleanses really well w/out stripping skin. I follow up w/ a hydrating toner, serum and moisturizer and it works fine.

on 1/4/2008 9:13:00 PM

This item came with the Q10 Essentials Set. I must say this product has me rethinking on how to cleanse my face. Each sheet generously lathers/foams so I have to cut the sheet in half prior to using (which is awesome since I would use less of the product). This product is also very portable. I love it! As for the anti-aging effect, that has yet to be seen. Thus far, after using this product my skin feels clean, velvety soft and supple...a first in a loooong time (last time my skin felt this way was when I was 8 yrs old!).

on 1/25/2008 7:04:00 PM

DHC and I traditionally have had a love/hate relationship and this product is no different! First of all, I love the fact that there are individual soap sheets~very hygenic and wonderful for travel! I love how this soap cleanses the skin and the smooth feeling afterwards! Actually, the sheet can be torn in half and it is plenty for washing!
Now, the issue I have is the price! 40 sheets for $9.50??? That's about a month and a week's worth of cleaning (using the 1/2 sheet formula). I would love it if DHC were to create a full size bar option as well!

on 2/7/2008 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this, addicting plus it has collagen, great stuff. Will be featured in THE TODAY SHOW on Feb 7th, 2008. Watch out !!! Bought one for my sis, I think I'm gonna get for my mom soon as well. Nice packaging and great for travel.

on 7/1/2008 2:29:00 AM

This is GREAT for travelling and for after Gym/Swim session. It lathers really well, so well that I think half a sheet is good enough for each wash. I agreed with other reviewers that it's better to tear or cut into half before using.

on 8/8/2008 8:47:00 AM

This is WONDERFUL to use at home and especially for traveling. Actually, one sheet gives me four uses (I cut into four squares). One quarter of a square is PLENTY of lather for your face. So if you get four uses from one sheet, and 40 sheets are $7 (on sale), that's 160 uses so that's really not a bad price. This lathers wonderfully, is not drying on your skin, cleans well, rinses well. It's a great cleanser to use after the DHC cleansing oil.