Kuumba Made Arabian Sandalwood

No Image

4.3

on 4/28/2017 3:27:00 PM

Yummmm. This doesn't even really smell like sandalwood. It's creamy, vanillic but not exactly sweet, slightly woody in a tropical way. I have several Kuumba Made oils and this is the absolute only one that has a sucky rollerball. Maybe this oil is just thicker? Regardless, I just took the rollerball off.

I like to slather it on, especially in the summer. I don't really find it's 'too much' and the scent melds with your skin, morphing into something realllllly sexy, with no rancid undertones (something about certain base oils disagrees with me). Longevity is decent but throw is nil. Doesn't matter, once someone leans in for a hug, you've GOT 'em.

It's amazing for layering - I have a bunch of other musk and sandalwood oils that I like to mix it with. It also works well w/ Jovan White Musk and Wild Musk. If you want to like, really go there, '70s sex kitten wise.

on 7/7/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not sandalwood but very pleasant: a creamy, sweet, gently woody fragrance with overtones of coconut, vanilla, and white musk all done up with a soft kind of radiance. If you want something pretty and easy to wear at a great price point, this is an excellent choice. Low sillage, good staying power, inoffensive, and mellow despite being largely (almost entirely, LOL) synthetic. Marvelous for layering too. Certainly one of the better scents Kuumba Made puts out.

on 11/9/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this fragrance! It's simple, sweet, yummy, heaven. It's a fragrance to put on when I don't know what to wear, and I want to wear something easy. As mentioned in other reviews, the roller top on the bottle is a pain in the tushy. I removed the roller ball top (it just pops off) and apply the oil with my finger. The fragrance is very long lasting, in fact I can sometimes get a whiff of it the following morning after I put it on (that's 24+ hours!). Vanilla, teensy bit of coconut, and something earthy and yummy. Layers well with other fragrances, will definitely repurchase!

on 7/27/2012 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great sandalwood scent which has a coconut note to it. Unisex and extremely long lasting with good sillage.

I layered this with amber paste and it is oh so divine!! I though i could create an amber and sandalwood scent which smells very different to the actual one in the Kuumba Made range.

Arabian sandalwood is great for layering and it can be worn on its own - i think this would smell great on a man as it leans towards a masculine side yet sweet to be worn by a female.

on 4/4/2011 9:55:00 PM

This is one of the nicer sandalwood oils I've smelled - to me it's the nicest sandalwood of the Kuumba Made sandalwood oils. It's a bit sweet, warm, mellow. Not incensey or headshop-y at all. I am thinking I will use it as my "natural" alternative to Samsara, which is mostly sandalwood. I am thinking also to layer it over a tiny dab of Kuumba Made Tunisian Opium, which is kind of my "natural" alternative to Opium EDT. I always liked to layer Samsara and Opium together...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favorite fragrances, and it is by far the one I wear most often. The scent of sandalwood raises serotonin levels, and when I wear it I feel very calm, dreamy, and happy. Something about it also makes me feel very sexy, like I am some sort of goddess in ancient times. The other day I had a gentleman in a book store tell me I smelled "amazing" and ask me what the scent was. Love this stuff.

on 12/31/2008 3:57:00 PM

This is a creamy sweet sandalwood that is lovely on its own or layered with other fragrances. I like to wear it with Bourbon French's Anastasia (a vanilla musk) for a combination similar to Sage Pearl although much less expensive. As others have mentioned, the roller ball has a tendency to stick and I often have to nudge the ball with my finger to get the oil dispensed. It lasts pretty well and since it's under $10 I'm willing to put up with the problematic packaging. If you like your sandalwood a bit on the sweet side, this is worth a try!

on 12/22/2008 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Holy Moley, this just knocks my socks off! For years I searched for a dupe of this amazing Sandalwood oil I bought off of a street vendor years ago in NYC. I ran across a few that were well...meh. This is it! I'm not even going to try to get into nuances because it's gonna sound ridiculous. I will however encourage you to check this out if you love Sandalwood.

on 6/8/2008 9:31:00 PM

This is perfect for those like me with a preference for the sweeter, creamier sandalwoods. I also get a tiny, tiny hint of both smoke and something else...leather, maybe? Staying power is good, and the price ($7.99) is great. My only real complaint is with the rollerball applicator: It "sticks" quite a bit and my only fix is to roll it around with my finger until the oil starts to dispense again. (All the Kuumba Mades seem to have this issue.)

Popular Fragrances