PENHALIGON'S Lily & Spice

No Image

4.2

on 6/28/2013 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Creamy lilies, but much softer than I thought it would be and almost too sheer and simple. The notes make this sound like it will be fantastic on, but in the end, it was a very simple lily scent, though thankfully without indole. I would wear it if given to me as a gift, but I wouldn't seek it out to buy.

on 7/17/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Although this might seem overwhelming for some, it has personality and depth so it could be fantastic on the right person. Not me, sadly.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Not as good as Un Lys for me. I miss the creamy, vanillic base. I smell saffrony pollen but this is so sheer. Very weak EDT, extremely fleeting to my nose. Still, a good scent.

on 9/16/2008 6:05:00 PM

All Lily...no spice.Long lasting true Lily fragrance though.

on 1/4/2011 10:53:00 AM

Very pleasing and ladylike floral that I think would satisfy fragrance lovers with purist tendencies. This is a very realistic lily fragrance that has a very clear and sheer air about it. To my nose, it is both very fragile and at the same time very present. The use of spice captures the essence of lilies and to my nose, adds realism to the scent rather than giving it an edgy kick. On a oractical note, I find this much more wearable than Bluebell and Violetta, which do not like my chemistry at all. My only complaint is that my nose has gotten used to its spices very quickly, and nowadays it smells sweeter to my nose. I'm not a floral lover by nature and have moved closer to the genre through Van Cleef’s new floral because they were bright and clean. However, I find this more understated, wearable and natural than them. Good sillage and lasting power. I would rate it around 3.5-4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Acutally I loved it - the lily comes strong on my skin and takes some time to calm down. Afterwards the spices are definitely there, no vanilla at all! rather wood and incense, to stay warm, powdery on the skin. The lasting power though is pretty poor, and therefore it is too expensive. A perfect scent for a "wild" one, a beauty AND a beast, a girly during the day, a seductive vamp in the evening.

on 10/30/2007 3:14:00 PM

To me, Lily & Spice is Un Lys minus the creamy vanilla. The "spice" half of its name is a bit of a misnomer, because all I can smell is the barest hint of saffron giving it a slight pollen-ish note. Overall, it's a lovely and slightly green lily fragrance that might appeal to people who find Un Lys too sweet or not natural enough.

on 7/9/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This fragrance opens with a soft dewy lily, not overly loud and yet still very much present. It has an earthiness that keeps it grounded and allows the flower to bloom as if in your garden, not a flower that you would already find in the florist shop, clean and denuded of it's pollen pods. The heart notes allow the vanilla to peek out and add a soft warmth. While there is a hint of musk in the final dry down, it stays true to the lily throughout. I get absolutely no patchouli, which for me is a great thing; I'm sure that is what is adding the earthiness, but it isn't screaming "patchouli" it is just adding a grounding note. Staying power is about average; approximately 6-8 hours on my skin.

on 7/16/2012 2:38:00 PM

I have a lot of lily scents and for a long time I did not think anything could compare with DK Gold but I was wrong. This is rapidly becoming my favourite lily. I love the mixture of lily and saffron. It has a creamy quality I do not find in Un Lys for instance. Staying power is good and I actually got a compliment from dh on this one, which is unheard of.

on 5/19/2011 7:27:00 PM

I love this blend of light florals with the scent of saffron. It's strong enough to last in winter but not overpowering in the heat of summer, so I find I can wear this one year round. Very feminine and sexy.

Popular Fragrances