Penhaligon's Lily & Spice

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
No Image

1 review

on 12/13/2009 9:38:00 PM

With an order of full bottles of Sacrebleu and Le Temps d'Une Fete, both by Parfums de Nicolai, I asked Naz at the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver BC to pick out samples to send me, given what she knows about my taste, and this was one of them. I love it. I am extremely tempted to buy a full bottle, but am holding back, as yet, because of the poor lasting power on me vs price. However, I like it so much, that it is unlikely I will be able to hold out for long. I go back and back to the sample of Lily and Spice and it is only half gone - I love the large 1.5 ml samples that Penhaligon's gives. I also so appreciate reading other's descriptions of scents. "Pennypencil" wrote an excellent review about this one. I am hoping to develop skill in articulating these fine distinctions by buying samples and smelling as I read other's descriptions. I think one of the things I like about Lilly and Spice is the high, almost sharp and spicy, white flower note that is so similar to the narcissis in Le Temps D'Une Fete. To me, they are equally complex, interesting and truly lovely. It does seem, though, that while both might be worn with equal comfort by more mature women, that Lily and Spice is more likely to be enjoyed by younger women, as well. They are both very feminine fragrances.

Popular Fragrances