Penhaligon's Lily & Spice

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

on 7/9/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This fragrance opens with a soft dewy lily, not overly loud and yet still very much present. It has an earthiness that keeps it grounded and allows the flower to bloom as if in your garden, not a flower that you would already find in the florist shop, clean and denuded of it's pollen pods. The heart notes allow the vanilla to peek out and add a soft warmth. While there is a hint of musk in the final dry down, it stays true to the lily throughout. I get absolutely no patchouli, which for me is a great thing; I'm sure that is what is adding the earthiness, but it isn't screaming "patchouli" it is just adding a grounding note. Staying power is about average; approximately 6-8 hours on my skin.

on 9/29/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lily is one of my favorite flowers ever, so as you can imagine I have all sorts of lilies planted in front of my house.
I had recieved a sample of this fragrance about 2 years ago, I smelled and and thought it was nice but could not decide if I really wanted it, was it worth getting a full bottle. So I put the sample away and forgot all about it. Then the weather got warm and my beautiful lilies started to bloom and the scent was making me crazy, I mean I wanted to bathe in them. And I kept on thinking there must be a perfume out there that smells exactly like this. So after the lilies petals fell of and the scent was gone I went on a crazy search threw all my samples, and there it was. I came across Lily and Spice and knew I had to have it. It smells JUST LIKE A LILY. It's lushious, delicate, ethereal. I am on my 2nd bottle. I wear it in the fall so that it reminds me of how my lilies smell and it instantly makes me feel great.

Popular Fragrances