Penhaligon's Lily & Spice

3.7

on 7/17/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Although this might seem overwhelming for some, it has personality and depth so it could be fantastic on the right person. Not me, sadly.

on 1/4/2011 10:53:00 AM

Very pleasing and ladylike floral that I think would satisfy fragrance lovers with purist tendencies. This is a very realistic lily fragrance that has a very clear and sheer air about it. To my nose, it is both very fragile and at the same time very present. The use of spice captures the essence of lilies and to my nose, adds realism to the scent rather than giving it an edgy kick. On a oractical note, I find this much more wearable than Bluebell and Violetta, which do not like my chemistry at all. My only complaint is that my nose has gotten used to its spices very quickly, and nowadays it smells sweeter to my nose. I'm not a floral lover by nature and have moved closer to the genre through Van Cleef’s new floral because they were bright and clean. However, I find this more understated, wearable and natural than them. Good sillage and lasting power. I would rate it around 3.5-4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Acutally I loved it - the lily comes strong on my skin and takes some time to calm down. Afterwards the spices are definitely there, no vanilla at all! rather wood and incense, to stay warm, powdery on the skin. The lasting power though is pretty poor, and therefore it is too expensive. A perfect scent for a "wild" one, a beauty AND a beast, a girly during the day, a seductive vamp in the evening.

Popular Fragrances