Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]
Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

I like this blush. One of my favorite cream blushes I own, but I am not a cream blush girl. I prefer powder blushes. It blends easily and is a nice pink color with a bit of shimmer. Good quality for the price.

on 5/21/2012 8:04:00 AM

Unfortunately, this blush is a discontinued product, but it can still be found on eBay at varying price points. I've used this for years and have always been satisfied. The blush is a soft mousse that blends easily into the skin. A little goes a long way. The Rose Petal color is flattering on my fair skin.

The only problem is the packaging. Since the blush comes in a small pot, as the quantity diminished I was forever getting blush under my nails. Using a plastic implement to dig out the last of the blush helps, but a better design would help more!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This was not the epitome of cream blushes I've tried. It fades off throughout the day, and there are tons of glitter in Rose Petal. Other than that i like it,I do use it, but i prefer the NYC cream blushes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

CONSISTENCY - Creamy, whipped. Feels lovely to dip your fingers into this little pot and touch the blush. It is very soft and comes off easily onto the fingers.
COLOUR - Darkish pink. Would look good on tan - olive skin tones for everyday look or otherwise. Would suit very fair skin for dramatic looks mostly, in my opinion.
PACKAGING - Looks adorable. Little pot of blush. BUT there are hygiene issues as you have to dip your finger in it to apply it to your face. I use fingers but a small blush brush may be appropriate for major germophobes.
CAUTION - THIS HAS GOLD SHIMMER! So you may not want to wear it in the daytime, though I do. Brushing loose powder over it tones the shimmer down and it looks okay in soft winter light.
APPLICATION - Dip in your finger; light for less product and a little deep for more. Smile and move finger across cheek in circular motion. Little bits of product may come off as you blend but that's okay; just keep moving your finger and they blend right in too.
SMELL - It has a strange smell, not sweet, not like play-doh either. But I find it cute, somehow. I always smell it when I open the pot. Weird.
LIFE - If you use it daily, I'd say 6-8 months. If not, like sometimes, when going out or after 3 - 4 days, it'll last you +12 months.
WHO WOULDN'T LIKE IT?
-People who don't want to dip in fingers to get product
-People who don't like shimmer
-People who don't like the smell (try it and smell it before purchase!)
-People who want their blush to last long - this fades after about 2 - 3 hours. To prevent that I wear a layer of loose powder before AND after application. That way it stays for 5 - 6 hours and fades leaving a natural-looking colour behind.
WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN? - Probably. I like the colour and it is easy to apply so I wear it often when I'm going out because it goes with most looks (can be applied lightly or for a deep flushed look) and it can also be applied quickly in case you're in a rush. It is also inexpensive.

on 1/26/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i thought it would be amazing but NOPE NOT AT ALL.

Pros:
very pretty in the container
blends very nicely

CONS:
wears off after 15 mins.
have to put layer after layer on for it to even show up
too glittery and unnatural.!!

i guess i just wanted something more matte and natural. really dissapointed

on 4/9/2012 6:22:00 PM

Okay. This looked like someone smacked me in the face with a fistful of glitter lol It definitely shimmers :) The color appeared as deep pink in the pot, but actually applied a very light shade for me (almost couldn't see it). I felt "Rose Petal" was too subtle of a color for me. The texture was creamy and light, like a whipped mousse. It was difficult to blend, though, and needed reapplication throughout the day. I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first few times using this blush the formula went on smooth and easy to blend. Now that I put a very small dent in my pot the formula tends to clump up into little balls that are tedious to blend out evenly on my cheeks, Annoying. I have to layer on 2 layers of this to get the color to show on my light/medium yellow NC25 skin. It is expensive for what it is. Should be more like $4 or $5 at the most. Not $8. Overall, it is a very pretty color once I get it blended properly. Doesnt fade too fast either. If I see this for dirt cheap at Biglots maybe I will buy it again but I will never pay full price for this again.

on 1/6/2012 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

A little too shimmery for my taste, but the color is nice - goes on a little light on my (slightly tan) skin but can be layered. The first pot I got was clumpy and gross but luckily I was able to exchange it out (CVS lady put out a little fit though because I got it on sale). MUCH easier to use when it's all smooth, I use it a little on my eyelids too. I'm worried about future clumping but we'll see I guess. Not sure how I feel about this blush exactly.

Originally I wanted the peach color, but it was sold out and this one was 50% off, so I got it anyway. And I'm so glad I did! It's a perfect peach/pink cross; a little warm without being orange. I see some gold shimmer in the container, but I don't notice it on my cheeks. I just apply it with my fingers and blend it out, and that works well enough. The pigmentation is great. It does fade a little throughout the day, but not terribly. I'm very picky about my blushes, and I will definitely be going back for more of this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color is,perfect for my skin tone and it goes on smoothly , the price is very good for what you get and I would absolutely buy this again and again but I want to try new things so the pot I have is enough for now.