LUSH Charity Pot

LUSH Charity Pot

3.7

Water (Aqua),Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Moringa Oil (Moringa Oleifera), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Triethanolamine, Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Aloe Gel (Aloe Secundiflora), Cetearyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance

on 5/19/2018 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG lotion of the moment!!!

I'm visiting Las Vegas for the weekend and it's a much different type of heat that I'm used to... Imagine chapping and peeling lips, flaky noses, cracked heels in sandals, crusty hands (especially in between the fingers) and elbows - it made me wanna bathe in lotion!

I stopped by LUSH and asked what the locals love to buy to survive this desert climate, and the lady introduced me to Charity Pot. Firstly, I LOVE that 100% of the proceeds go to charity, it's such a great philanthropic initiative. And, I'm a sucker for things that come in a tub. As for the cream itself, I never thought I could get the hydrated and plump skin I wanted out of a lotion ever (especially for more than 10 minutes!). My skin is the type to absorb any lotion in a matter of mere minutes and return back to normal. Charity Pot actually changes the quality of my skin - from reptilian to soft human skin - and it's mind-blowing! Somehow it's my skin that feels creamy! There's a good amount of cocoa and shea butter in this formula, which I know my skin loves. The scent is a tad floral, but on first whiff it smells similar to baby powder.

I've also used this on my and my SO's face with no breakouts or irritations, and the hydration lasts well past the 6-hour mark. My skin is extremely thirsty, so that may be why I'm not experiencing the greasiness that others are mentioning.

I bought the small size for $7.95+tax, but I'm definitely coming back for the bigger size when I'm done!!! I have a tendency to bounce from product to product but I know I'll keep coming back to this!!!

Love love love it!

on 2/21/2018 2:21:00 PM

I was really disappointed with this cream. When I went into Lush, I asked for the best cream for super dry hands. I was directed to the Charity Pot. The product does not feel like it moisturizes, rather, it just leaves the skin feeling oily. I have to keep reapplying it. It is too bad because the idea of proceeds going to a charity is good, however, the product itself is really lacking.

on 1/12/2018 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This isn’t a bad moisturizer but I definitely don’t prefer it compared to others I have, even others from Lush. The finish on this is a little bit oily/tacky for me to tolerate. The scent is just okay. From Lush I prefer Dream Cream, Sympathy for the Skin and I coat myself in Sleepy before bed or if I’m not working (because the lavender is rather strong). Would not repurchase this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I first bought the Charity Pot last winter when my hands started suffering from the wind and low temperatures. However, I must say I bought it not because of the benefits the product promised but for the brand's name and the fact that all the revenue of Charity Pots goes to good causes. Finally, I found myself super satisfied with the results: it's super moisturising (as I have oily skin, I would only use in very dry parts of my body, never all over it because it can get quite sticky), easy to use and with a lovely scent that's not too strong either (you can still use perfume!). Also, I have also found it very useful for my tattoos, as it is now my go-to moisturise either for new (while healing) or old tattoos.

I will definitely get a new one soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I don't care about the cause. I care about staying wrinkle free for as long as I can. The only way to do that is to use a lotion that has water (otherwise known as aqua) and then glycerine in the first 3 ingredients if you have super dry skin. If you don't have super dry skin right now don't read this. This review doesn't apply to you.

Some reviewers state that some lotions give them a 'sticky' feeling. Those are the lotions that I like because the stickiness is caused by ample glycerine. The stickiness makes your skin feel like it does on a hot day in super humid weather. That's great moisturization!

This lotion is for extremely dry skin and lasts all day. Didn't break me out after 3 weeks use on my dry face/body. The vanilla marzipan scent is strong to my nose but i'm super sensitive bordering OCD to all fragrances. It doesn't irritate my sensitve skin. If you're extra dry skinned and use Cetaphil Daily Advanced lotion or Beauty Without Cruelty Hand and Body Lotion because nothing else has worked as well at alleviating your dryness this is the next step up in moisturising your skin. It has the same effect, it makes your skin supple and soft, but this lotion is much thicker without weighing your skin down. The price though is outrageous but alas so is the alternative of being a dried, wrinkled up prune before your time. Which option would you prefer?

4 MONTH+ UPDATE: It's now winter 2017 (snow, rain, wind) and I use this on my face and body in the daytime and my all year trusty Cetaphil Daily Hydration Lotion at night. I have stopped suing foundation as I found this has cleared up all of my marks on my face.

on 7/1/2017 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product with or without the cause. But with the good cause it's an added bonus! It's very moisturizing and the scent is like vanilla cake batter or white cake batter its not too sweet or overpowering its just the right hint of scent. I have very dry sensitive skin and too much perfume sends me to migraine island most of the b&bw cream I cannot handle and only a few from body shop. The lush lotions and creams for me is the perfect choice all I could ask for from the ingredients to everything. The charity pot and dream cream are my favorite. If I can criticize one thing is that their prices are a bit steep but with the natural ingredients and all I think it is ok. Totally recommend this and the dream cream. Yes I would buy this again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love Charity Pot Body Cream! It is my Go TO cream for when I want to feel comforted. It smells so wonderful - honey, vanilla, lavender, and oats. Very soothing and happy feeling! It leaves my skin ever so soft and supple. It's non sticky which is great too. I love it!

THE ONLY LOTION THAT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE ICE CREAM
Seriously for around one week I keep mistaking it as ice cream XD

First the texture of the lotion is creamy and very thick. However it is not sticky,so no problem with that. Moreover, the cream has a good scent like vanilla ice cream or something but not too sweet. I found this item very useful for dry season or cold season. I always bring this lotion wherever I travel due to the fact that after taking airplane and different climate, your skin will be dry and red which lead to itchy feels. I applied this after take a bath or at the airplane, whenever I feel my skin is a little bit dry. So the cream is very useful and nice.

But the packaging does not really fit for travelling, when the bottle is a little bit compressed- it leaked. The size is good, around 9 cm in height. In order to fix that you can wrap it with rubber bands and thin plastic, or move it to small container.

Overall I would love to buy it again, this cream works fine for me.

on 4/10/2017 11:53:00 AM

Olive oil based lotion so it does get greasy but it's very moisturizing and great for winter legs, hands and feet.
Scent is a vanilla/jasmine base.

on 5/22/2017 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought the small pot of this (45g) to use as a hand cream. I'm trying to buy healthier products at the moment, and this fitted the bill with no preservatives, and perfume being the last ingredient. It smells much nicer than in the shop, a bit sweet and nutty to me. It performs like every one of Lush's body/hand creams l've tried: thick, deeply moisturising which takes a little time to absorb. I don't mind this as l have terribly dry hands that itch and feel tight if a cream isn't rich enough. It leaves hands smelling sweetly for a while, with an hydrated look to them. The price was cheap at £3.50, and all profits go to good causes. Good stuff!