LUSH Charity Pot

LUSH Charity Pot

3.6

Water (Aqua),Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Moringa Oil (Moringa Oleifera), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Triethanolamine, Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Aloe Gel (Aloe Secundiflora), Cetearyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance

on 2/16/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have three main points to make about this that stood out to me:

1) I loved the scent. I find it hard to describe it but it was very rich and creamy, if that makes any sense. A very natural cocoa, sort of floral scent. It was strong but not overpowering or off-putting.

2) I really liked the initiative behind the product itself, with 100% of the profits going to a different grassroots organization that Lush chose.

3) I definitely found this lotion moisturizing, but it wasn't something I could use during the day because it was too heavy and greasy on my skin, and dried sort of sticky. I tried using less but it wouldn't moisturize enough. It worked wonders to put it on my dry hands and arms and sleep in, but I won't be buying it again just for the sake of having it in my nightstand. It had to be the last thing I put on before going to bed and not touch my phone, face, cat (so much cat hair), etc. or I'd end up with oily smears everywhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My dry skin loves this! I also love the smell, one of my favorites. The only thing is how expensive it is, but I would rather put my money towards charity than greedy companies anyways. It definitely keeps my skin hydrated all day! I read that it has olive oil in it which is the best oil for my akin, so no wonder it responds so well to it. I always get a boost after buying this because it makes me feel good to support charity.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I remember buying this when it came out and I liked the fact that it was helping Charity. However I dont remember there was anything impressive about this. I did not find the smell anything lovely and neither it did moisturize my dry hands enough. The only place where I use moisturizer is on my feet and hands and face. Obviously I did not want to use this on my face but then it wasnt enought for my hands and feet. So, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this lotion!! Skin stays hydrated and soft all day.

I had this years ago. It has changed for the better!!!! I was drawn into the charity for Trophy Bear Hunting which makes me sick on so many levels. I tried a bit in the store and it did feel a bit greasy. But I bought a small pot anyway. I used it last night and this morning on my hands and arms. I love it!!!! It smells way better than the original formula, and it is so moisturizing. You just use a tiny bit. I have washed my hands at least three times this morning since putting it on and my hands still feel great.

Try it if you haven't lately!

on 10/8/2016 8:10:00 AM

I love the smell of this! When I was shopping at Lush for a hand cream I`d initially picked up something different, but stumbled onto the Charity Pot at the register and one sniff was all it took. I don`t use it as a hand cream often, I prefer to apply it to my body instead because I find it really does an awesome job moisturizing, especially on my legs where I suffer from severely dry skin. I love the size of the jar and the convenience of being able to stuff it in my gym bag. The only thing I don`t love is the price, but a little goes a long way, so will repurchase.

on 9/23/2016 3:26:00 PM

I really like this product. The smell is nice but not overpowering and it moisturizers my skin all day after one use. I like how the small size was only $7 and I can carry it in my purse to use as. Hand lotion. It is kind of oily after applying but I don't mind and it doesn't last long. I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the oiliness and the smell isn't my favorite but still good.

This is my favorite body moisturizer! A little goes a long way and my skin feels super soft for a long time afterwards. I can understand why some people don't like the greasy feel, as it does take a long time to sink in, but I usually put it on before bed and in the morning - satiny legs! I personally love the smell - fresh flowers and something sweet/vanilla-y? And of course, all the proceeds go to charity, which is really, really cool. Holy grail for sure.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the BEST MOISTURIZER IN THE WORLD. I put on one application when I get out of the shower at night, and my skin feels like satin for a full 24 hours long or at least until my next shower. improvements could be made on the scent, but its a small price to pay for skin that feels like its been caressed by angels! (notice I said it made my skin feel like satin, not just soft...)

on 6/6/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do like Lush's Charity Pot, but it's not a favorite due to how greasy/oily it remains after application. If you don't mind that or the price tag, it's a decent option for dry skin. I have dry skin and used this as a body lotion.

Pros:
- Vegan, not tested on animals
- Seems to moisturize well
- I like the perfumey scent, even though it's strong.
- Thick and creamy

Cons:
- It stays oily/greasy for a long time after application. I like to use lotions on my hands during the day and I just can't use this without getting oily transfer on everything I touch. I know alot use this as a body lotion before bed, so the lotion soaks in all night, but I don't like getting it all over my sheets either.
- It doesn't absorb into skin quickly.

Neutral:
- I think this is a bit overpriced. However, they state that 100% goes to charity, so that's a nice perk if you like this product.

Price: $25.95 USD for 8.4oz.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua) , Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Glycerine , Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Moringa Oil (Moringa Oleifera) , Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Stearic Acid , Fresh Aloe Gel (Aloe Secundiflora) , Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Triethanolamine , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata) , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Citronellol , *Coumarin , Geraniol , *Linalool , *Limonene , Fragrance . *Occurs naturally in essential oils