LUSH Charity Pot

LUSH Charity Pot

3.7

Water (Aqua),Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Moringa Oil (Moringa Oleifera), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Triethanolamine, Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens), Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Aloe Gel (Aloe Secundiflora), Cetearyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance

THE ONLY LOTION THAT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE ICE CREAM
Seriously for around one week I keep mistaking it as ice cream XD

First the texture of the lotion is creamy and very thick. However it is not sticky,so no problem with that. Moreover, the cream has a good scent like vanilla ice cream or something but not too sweet. I found this item very useful for dry season or cold season. I always bring this lotion wherever I travel due to the fact that after taking airplane and different climate, your skin will be dry and red which lead to itchy feels. I applied this after take a bath or at the airplane, whenever I feel my skin is a little bit dry. So the cream is very useful and nice.

But the packaging does not really fit for travelling, when the bottle is a little bit compressed- it leaked. The size is good, around 9 cm in height. In order to fix that you can wrap it with rubber bands and thin plastic, or move it to small container.

Overall I would love to buy it again, this cream works fine for me.

on 5/22/2017 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought the small pot of this (45g) to use as a hand cream. I'm trying to buy healthier products at the moment, and this fitted the bill with no preservatives, and perfume being the last ingredient. It smells much nicer than in the shop, a bit sweet and nutty to me. It performs like every one of Lush's body/hand creams l've tried: thick, deeply moisturising which takes a little time to absorb. I don't mind this as l have terribly dry hands that itch and feel tight if a cream isn't rich enough. It leaves hands smelling sweetly for a while, with an hydrated look to them. The price was cheap at £3.50, and all profits go to good causes. Good stuff!

on 4/10/2017 11:53:00 AM

Olive oil based lotion so it does get greasy but it's very moisturizing and great for winter legs, hands and feet.
Scent is a vanilla/jasmine base.

on 3/22/2017 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When all hope is lost, and when moisture seems to be nowhere in sight..I reach for Charity Pot.

I have dry and sensitive skin, and I use this during the harshest months of winter.
Charity Pot is thick, heavy and leaves a semi-greasy layer on the skins when it sinks in. I love that feeling when my skin so dry it might break. All superdry folks will find relief in this lotion!
The smell is nice, and stays on your skin for a while, but it doesn't linger and isn't annoying/strong.

positive:
- thick and heavy
- moisturizes well
- works well for winter
- pleasant smell
- okay price
- probably the thickest/most moisturizing lotion
- best lotion for superdry, cracked, bleeding skin in need of help
- the money you pay for charity pot goes to grass-root organizations that work for good causes

negative:
- greasy (subjective if this is good or bad)
- not recommended for oily/acne-prone skin

For who do I recommend this? People with REALLY DRY skin! sensitive people, must as always, be cautious to avoid pain and problems. It might work for you guys too!

Who should avoid this? People with oily and acne-skin! People with normal skin might not find this lotion as great as dry people, but you could give a shot!

How to use: During winter, preferably at night, or whenever you need it. Not recommended to use it during the summer, when most skin-types get better/less dry.

on 2/16/2017 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have three main points to make about this that stood out to me:

1) I loved the scent. I find it hard to describe it but it was very rich and creamy, if that makes any sense. A very natural cocoa, sort of floral scent. It was strong but not overpowering or off-putting.

2) I really liked the initiative behind the product itself, with 100% of the profits going to a different grassroots organization that Lush chose.

3) I definitely found this lotion moisturizing, but it wasn't something I could use during the day because it was too heavy and greasy on my skin, and dried sort of sticky. I tried using less but it wouldn't moisturize enough. It worked wonders to put it on my dry hands and arms and sleep in, but I won't be buying it again just for the sake of having it in my nightstand. It had to be the last thing I put on before going to bed and not touch my phone, face, cat (so much cat hair), etc. or I'd end up with oily smears everywhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My dry skin loves this! I also love the smell, one of my favorites. The only thing is how expensive it is, but I would rather put my money towards charity than greedy companies anyways. It definitely keeps my skin hydrated all day! I read that it has olive oil in it which is the best oil for my akin, so no wonder it responds so well to it. I always get a boost after buying this because it makes me feel good to support charity.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I remember buying this when it came out and I liked the fact that it was helping Charity. However I dont remember there was anything impressive about this. I did not find the smell anything lovely and neither it did moisturize my dry hands enough. The only place where I use moisturizer is on my feet and hands and face. Obviously I did not want to use this on my face but then it wasnt enought for my hands and feet. So, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this lotion!! Skin stays hydrated and soft all day.

I had this years ago. It has changed for the better!!!! I was drawn into the charity for Trophy Bear Hunting which makes me sick on so many levels. I tried a bit in the store and it did feel a bit greasy. But I bought a small pot anyway. I used it last night and this morning on my hands and arms. I love it!!!! It smells way better than the original formula, and it is so moisturizing. You just use a tiny bit. I have washed my hands at least three times this morning since putting it on and my hands still feel great.

Try it if you haven't lately!

on 10/8/2016 8:10:00 AM

I love the smell of this! When I was shopping at Lush for a hand cream I`d initially picked up something different, but stumbled onto the Charity Pot at the register and one sniff was all it took. I don`t use it as a hand cream often, I prefer to apply it to my body instead because I find it really does an awesome job moisturizing, especially on my legs where I suffer from severely dry skin. I love the size of the jar and the convenience of being able to stuff it in my gym bag. The only thing I don`t love is the price, but a little goes a long way, so will repurchase.