Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

on 7/10/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I received this product as a gift and after having used it for a while I have to say I would not buy this for myself. There are definitely pro's to this product: adorable packaging, staying power, scent (after you get used to it), it moisturizes, will take a while to finish, and the slight shimmer in the balm. Sometimes I sit there and look at the lip balm under the light because the tiny glitters are so pretty. But that doesn't warrant the $7 price tag in my opinion. I don't think any of the Rosebud lip balms do actually all for the same reason: they're really not that moisturizing, the tint they add is minimal, and I have never been able to use it for anything besides a lip balm or perfume despite the apparent many uses there are. However, I will use it up because it'd be a waste not to.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is my favorite Smith's balm. It has the best consistency and moisturizing properties. The strawberry one was very waxy, the regular and the mint are a tad waxy but still nice. This on the other hand, is a little more "slick" and a little is very moisturizing. The smell is a little...strange. Not horrible, but not fantastic either. It's a sweet berry smell mixed with a little rose..like I said..it's interesting. I will definitely repurchase if i ever run out of this though!

Popular Lip Treatments