Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.8

on 3/20/2013 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The fragrance is what you notice first with this product and you need to like it or not mind it when u use this product because the smell is obvious when you first apply. So you should only buy it after you smell it. Personally i prefer natural scents and the berry scent here is a bit cloying. It gives a slightly pink but very natural colour when u apply. However as some have mentioned, it can get a bit oily looking in hot & humid climates (where I live) so I usually use this at night before bed. This really helps lips to become soft overnight. However when I was using this everyday I noticed it wasn't as effective. So I tend to rotate this with other balms. I have had this for a long time, over a year, and I still have lots left in the tin so I feel this is economical. Overall a good lip balm that will save parched lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have just finished a Purge of my makeup drawer and found this little treasure. Thought I had lost it. Smells and feels wonderful, like wine berries and roses. It is not that moisturizing and I do wish it came in a more sanitary packaging like a tube, pump, or stick. But even with those drawbacks, it's really a delight.

on 8/30/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just as nice as the original but gives a bit more of a pink tinge than a rosey tinge on my lips. At first I didn't like the smell, but now I like it. If the original seemed too perfumey or flowery for you, try this, it is sweeter, a bit berry like (but not Lipsmacker berry).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE my Minted Rose Salve, but unfortunately, this doesn't live up to it. I don't mind the smell, I actually kind of like it, but my friends think it smells like crap. So if you don't like berry smells or that sort of thing, you might wanna stay away. I think that it moisturizes, but then in a little bit it stops moisturizing and it slightly starts to make my lips flake, which only a few lip balms can fix. I like the color though. It's not bad, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product very much. My favorite Smith's product is their Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is my second favorite.

I actually like the scent. It smells like berries to me, though it does smell very artificial. My little sister, on the other hand, hates it--she says that it smells too waxy for her.

This is a very, very light pink shade on the lips, though it looks like a darker pink in the tin. I like applying this over Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. However, this is not very moisturizing.

Another thing: I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

Also, I noticed that this lip balm is definitely more waxier and thicker than Minted Rose. When I put my finger in this, there's a thin layer of product on my finger, while Minted Rose is like dunking your finger into a tub of Vaseline. You make a dent in the Minted Rose tin from where your finger was, while in the Brambleberry Rose tin, there's only the wax being smudged, no denting. Minted Rose is thinner and softer.

I would buy this product again because I like it very much, but I would definitely prefer if it had the consistency of Minted Rose.

on 7/10/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I received this product as a gift and after having used it for a while I have to say I would not buy this for myself. There are definitely pro's to this product: adorable packaging, staying power, scent (after you get used to it), it moisturizes, will take a while to finish, and the slight shimmer in the balm. Sometimes I sit there and look at the lip balm under the light because the tiny glitters are so pretty. But that doesn't warrant the $7 price tag in my opinion. I don't think any of the Rosebud lip balms do actually all for the same reason: they're really not that moisturizing, the tint they add is minimal, and I have never been able to use it for anything besides a lip balm or perfume despite the apparent many uses there are. However, I will use it up because it'd be a waste not to.

on 4/14/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift so I'm not sure on the price. But from what I see online, I don't think I would buy this for 7 dollars now that I have tried it. I think it is an average product. I think the smell can be hit or miss because it is very unique, I'm not crazy about the smell, but I don't hate it either. It is pretty fragranced for a lip balm. The consistency of the balm is nice and smooth, it is basically petroleum, so if you like that feeling that is the first ingredient. It does alright in moisturizing my lips, though I have other balms I like better. I have very red/pink pigmented lips so it pretty much goes on clear for me. I don't like sticking my finger into the container for balms, so I never use this as a on the go product. I mostly just like using this under lipsticks while i'm doing my makeup and I know my hands are clean. I think it performs great for that. I will continue to use this until its gone, but that will probably take forever! In my honest opinion it is a average but still decent product, but I'm not attached to it so I won't repurchase it if I ever finish it.

on 2/15/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As a huge fan of the original Smith's balm I was so excited to get this because of the cute vintage tin, rosy pink color of the balm, and berry rose scent that I actually liked. However, this gave me a terrible allergic reaction on my lips. Within seconds of applying my lips became puffy, bright red, and itchy with a grainy texture. It hurt to move or touch my lips. Even though it was only $7 I am definitely returning this to Sephora. FYI I have never had a reaction from any other lip product in the past.

on 12/13/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave it a low rating for packaging - but let me say that I love the tin, I LOVE it - but it is hard for me to open at times, especially when I have lotion on or my fingers are wet. The container is lovely otherwise, and I would definitely keep it after I ran out.

First off, it smells really great. One of the main reasons I i had to pick this up (it was placed at the cash counter at this little cosmetics store) was the smell! I am a big fan of rose scented cosmetics / perfumes.

The texture feels slightly like vaseline but it is not as sticky. It feels light on my lips, and very moisturizing. I can use it under lipstick / lipgloss or just on its own. I am not 100% sure but it seems slightly tinted, too (I could be wrong!). I do not doubt that I will purchase this (or a similar sibling) product again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is my favorite Smith's balm. It has the best consistency and moisturizing properties. The strawberry one was very waxy, the regular and the mint are a tad waxy but still nice. This on the other hand, is a little more "slick" and a little is very moisturizing. The smell is a little...strange. Not horrible, but not fantastic either. It's a sweet berry smell mixed with a little rose..like I said..it's interesting. I will definitely repurchase if i ever run out of this though!