Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got the "luscious layers" lip balm trio and didn't find this to be as strongly fruity as others have mentioned. I am a little concerned the fragrance / flavor has faded because, if the lot code is according to the julian calendar code, the product I received is two years old. :/ The texture is nice, and works fine for both lips and hands. I would recommend this if you are avoiding lanolin or prefer shea butter in your products, otherwise just stick with the plain smith's rosebud salve.

on 9/8/2013 8:30:00 AM

This lipbalm is overrated and overpriced, if you ask me. The scent is lovely and sweet in the beginning, but after some months it turns bad - probably because you have to stick your fingers into it and in that way cannot avoid putting bacteria in there. The balm does not really work any wonders for my lips, so I've started using it on my eyelashes and as an eye cream instead - don't know yet if it does any good though. I'm not repurchasing.

on 7/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

LOVE IT. I wear this DAILY and have for almost four years. People always ask me what I do to my lips when I wear it. I can't figure out why they stopped carrying at sephora, so i always order it online. I love the packaging, as you get a good amount and I like using it out of the tin. The only thing I think is weird is the woman on the front of the tin, but hey, it doesn't affect how great it makes my lips look.

I get compliments ALL the time. This is in my daily regimen with ysl shocking mascara, too faced natural eye kit, dior eyelash primer, dior rose glow blush, and a little bit of liner. LOVE

on 3/20/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually prefer using this as a solid perfume, the other suggestion on the back of this. I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the minted rose. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, this one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I said, I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

I love, love, love this balm! The color turns out very pretty and subtle on my lips, it's not sticky, it's a bit more fluid than the other Rosebud balms which makes it more glossy and easier to put on (esp. in extreme cold where balms tend to turn rock-hard) ;) I bring my Brambleberry Balm everywhere, and NO I don't think it stinks...my balm smells of roses and berries. I will buy this lipbalm over and over again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product! This is the only balm or gloss that actually HEALS my chapped lips (and I'm talking chapped to the point of bleeding). After applying one time my lips are noticeably better within an hour and pretty much completely better within 24 hours! WOW!

At first, the smell and taste were a little weird to me - not bad, just different - now I love that about this product! It's warm honey with a hint of berries and a touch of roses. It's actually become a smell that I CRAVE now! LOL!

Price is great at $7.00 for a huge tin. Because this is my go-to product (especially in the frigid ND winter right now), I think that I'm actually going to use up a whole tin for once in my life! WOOT! I already have a back-up! :) This is a product I never want to be without!

Oh! Yeah - the lid is nice and secure and doesn't come off in your purse, unlike some other glosses/balms in similar packaging (i.e. on10, Cargo, etc.). YAY!

Almost forgot - besides the nice scent and flavor, my other favorite thing about this balm is the gorgeous tint of color it gives! Most balms don't do that but Brambleberry Rose has a beautiful color - light but definitely there - so you can wear it in lieu of gloss or lipstick when your lips are chapped to let them heal and not feel "naked". :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm addicted to this lip balm! I keep one by my bed and another one in Mocha Rose on the coffee table. Great price for a fabulous product.

on 7/3/2009 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Skimming over the reviews, it seems many do not like the smell... but I don't think there's anything surprising about the smell. It's called "BrambleBERRY Rose" and it smells like berries.

To me it smells just like berry jam. A sweet berry smell. I love it. Basically, if you want to know what it smells like before you buy it, go to your refrigerator and smell a container of raspberry/blackberry/marionberry/any berry jam and that's pretty much exactly what this smells like. And if you like what you smell in the jam, then you should probably like what you smell in Brambleberry Rose.

Unlike the strawberry variety, which has a slightly waxier texture than the original Smith's Rosebud, the Brambleberry Rose has the same texture as the original.

The smell! Gag! I bought this thinking it would have a more "berry" type of smell. This stuff smelled like decaying roses mixed with something even more offensive that I can't describe. Actually, it smelled like rancid potpourri.I will admit that I generally do not like rose scented products but having tried the original rose bud salve and not being offended by it, I decided to give this a try. I was shocked that this lip balm was so offensive to me scent wise. The product itself is up to par with all of the other Smith's lip balms, but I just can't get past the scent. I gave it to my sister who thinks it smells fine. To each his own.:)

I love this stuff! To me It's a better version of the original Rosebud salve. It has a berry flavor that dominates the scent but you can still detect the rose behind it. It leaves a nice shine and very subtle color behind. The consistency is the same as the Rosebud salve. Wonderful!!