Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

4.1

on 8/30/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just as nice as the original but gives a bit more of a pink tinge than a rosey tinge on my lips. At first I didn't like the smell, but now I like it. If the original seemed too perfumey or flowery for you, try this, it is sweeter, a bit berry like (but not Lipsmacker berry).

on 3/20/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually prefer using this as a solid perfume, the other suggestion on the back of this. I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the minted rose. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, this one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I said, I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

on 2/15/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As a huge fan of the original Smith's balm I was so excited to get this because of the cute vintage tin, rosy pink color of the balm, and berry rose scent that I actually liked. However, this gave me a terrible allergic reaction on my lips. Within seconds of applying my lips became puffy, bright red, and itchy with a grainy texture. It hurt to move or touch my lips. Even though it was only $7 I am definitely returning this to Sephora. FYI I have never had a reaction from any other lip product in the past.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product! This is the only balm or gloss that actually HEALS my chapped lips (and I'm talking chapped to the point of bleeding). After applying one time my lips are noticeably better within an hour and pretty much completely better within 24 hours! WOW!

At first, the smell and taste were a little weird to me - not bad, just different - now I love that about this product! It's warm honey with a hint of berries and a touch of roses. It's actually become a smell that I CRAVE now! LOL!

Price is great at $7.00 for a huge tin. Because this is my go-to product (especially in the frigid ND winter right now), I think that I'm actually going to use up a whole tin for once in my life! WOOT! I already have a back-up! :) This is a product I never want to be without!

Oh! Yeah - the lid is nice and secure and doesn't come off in your purse, unlike some other glosses/balms in similar packaging (i.e. on10, Cargo, etc.). YAY!

Almost forgot - besides the nice scent and flavor, my other favorite thing about this balm is the gorgeous tint of color it gives! Most balms don't do that but Brambleberry Rose has a beautiful color - light but definitely there - so you can wear it in lieu of gloss or lipstick when your lips are chapped to let them heal and not feel "naked". :)

I love this stuff! To me It's a better version of the original Rosebud salve. It has a berry flavor that dominates the scent but you can still detect the rose behind it. It leaves a nice shine and very subtle color behind. The consistency is the same as the Rosebud salve. Wonderful!!

on 11/20/2008 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It has a nice color, nice gloss, but the smell it's good, but STRONG so that's kind of minus it. softens the lips.

on 6/24/2008 11:44:00 AM

I love this stuff! The smell is yummy and it keeps my otherwise dry lips super soft. It also provides a nice pink tint to my lips which brightens my pale complexion. I do like the Strawberry balm that Smith's makes, but Brambleberry Rose is by far my favorite.

Top Rated Lip Treatments