Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.7

on 12/28/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have 4 rosebud balms/salves now, mocha rose is my favourite (See my reviews for others), this one smells nice but its strong, a fake berry childlike jam smell, i cant smell any honey or vanilla which is a shame. no tint on my lips atall, moisturises ok but pretty mundane really. expected more. i love the tin though, im not a germ freak so doesnt bother me about "contamination"

I love this lip balm so much. I am a little bit obsessed with lip balms but this might be my very favorite. I like the smell, it smells like berries and honey, I LOVE the color, a very sheer pink on the lips, and to me it is very moisturizing, one of the best I have tried. I used to use Aquaphor on my lips at night but now I always use this right before bed and my lips are so soft in the morning. I just love this so much and will definitely repurchase. The tin is so adorable, too. I don't find the balm to be waxy at all, maybe a tiny bit thicker than the original Rosebud Salve, but not waxy, very soft and smooth and wonderful.

on 7/10/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I received this product as a gift and after having used it for a while I have to say I would not buy this for myself. There are definitely pro's to this product: adorable packaging, staying power, scent (after you get used to it), it moisturizes, will take a while to finish, and the slight shimmer in the balm. Sometimes I sit there and look at the lip balm under the light because the tiny glitters are so pretty. But that doesn't warrant the $7 price tag in my opinion. I don't think any of the Rosebud lip balms do actually all for the same reason: they're really not that moisturizing, the tint they add is minimal, and I have never been able to use it for anything besides a lip balm or perfume despite the apparent many uses there are. However, I will use it up because it'd be a waste not to.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

LOVE this lip balm so much! I've always loved the much talked about loveitorhateit original Rosebud salve (which works wonderfully for me) and when I saw the Brambleberry Rose lip balm in Sephora the other day, I snapped this up. A quick glance at the tin, noting the key ingredients (berry, honey, vanilla, shea butter --- *swoon* you had me at "vanilla"! LOL), and quick sniff of the tester and I knew I had to buy a tin to take home.

I personally LOVE the subtle scent/hint of flavour, it smells exactly like natural beeswax, a hint of vanilla and berry, and the texture is perfect -- very similar to the original Rosebud salve, but a little more soft as it is a lip balm rather than an "all purpose" salve like Rosebud.

The slight hint of pink color is lovely, and it is moisturizing my lips as well as the original Rosebud salve.

I know that Rosebud salve (and this lip balm) is just a base of vaseline, but really, it must be the combination of other key ingredients that works for me -- I have often tried just moisturizing my lips with plain vaseline, but to no avail. Rosebud salve, and now this Brambleberry Rose are the ONLY products I've ever used on my lips which stops the chapping, peeling, and flaky dryness. I live in an extremely dry climate, and whenever I have stopped using Rosebud salve for a few days, my lips go right back to chapping and peeling to the point of bleeding.

I've been using Rosebud salve since 2005 and I will continue to buy both the original and the Brambleberry Rose. :)

I love this stuff! The metal tin it comes in is adorable and very vintage looking. The smell is like honey and yummy berries. I use this every night before I go to bed and wake up with very moisturized lips. I also have the strawberry salve, which is thicker and more waxy then this salve and to me,harder to get out of the tin. But I love the packaging and the product of both!

I just love the novelty of the Smith's tins and the excellence of their products. I have this one, the minted one and the original and this one is my favorite. It is the same great slippery not sticky texture of the other Smith's but has a lovely berry/vanilla scent that is not too sweet and leaves my lips really soft. I reach for it often, but the tin seems neverending. FYI my first Smith tin took me 3 years to get through, so for the price it is well worth it. Only problem is you have to be careful with this stuff in warmer months-it will melt and it leaves a big mess if you aren't careful when opening it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love the strawberry, so when I saw a new (to me, anyway) kind I bought it right away. The taste is absolutely awful ~ I cannot even describe it. I can't even bear to put it on again! So, I use it on my cuticles...might as well get something out of it. I am sticking with the strawberry ~ which I adore.