Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.9

This smells so wonderful! It smells like wine, berries and roses and glides perfectly over my lips with no heaviness or grittiness. My only complaint is the container as I hate using my fingers, but that isn't enough to keep me from buying Smith's Rosebud products. I now own four varieties and can't decide which I like best, and all seem to work great though the original Rose feels a little thicker and heavier than the Brambleberry, Mocha and Strawberry so it is my go-to balm for winter or if I've been slacking on drinking enough water.

But the performance of this is fantastic. I smooth some on before bed (there isn't any flavor or sugar so I don't worry it will do damage to my teeth or anything) and wake up with the softest lips. I also put it over some of my lipsticks--yeah, I'm lookin' at you MAC--and it helps keep the color intense and keeps the flakes and feathering to a minimum.

The price is a little high, but considering how long each tin lasts, I figure I won't be buying anything else for quite a while so it all works out. And I have to say the original Rose does work well as an intense hand treatment when my hands get dry and a bit rough.

Overall love this stuff in all the fragrances I've tried and it will be a staple in my makeup/health and beauty collection as long as I'm able to find it.

on 12/21/2009 2:41:00 AM

I don't get why a lot of people say this lip balm stink. Mine smell like a rose with berries and petroleum. It smells pretty okay to me. I don't detect the honey smell at all. Maybe those that say theirs stink have a strong honey smell to it. Sometimes lip balms do not smell identical. Maybe I just got lucky with the pleasant fragranced one. Anyway, the texture is slightly thick and pretty much glossy on the lips. I don't like the glossiness of the balm. It has that mineral oil type of feel. It's okay at moisturizing. It does take some effort to get my tin open.. hate that!!! The brambleberry is better than the strawberry balm, which dried out my lips a lot. This balm will last me a long while. The product is an okay balm. I will finish it up, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this lip balm! At first, I wasn't too excited on the smell, but now I love it! It does smell like berries. Its perfect for summer time, with that fresh berry pie smell. Its so glossy aswell! It looks like im wearing a nice lipgloss, yet it keeps my lips super smooth & moisturized. The tin is adorable too. Thats the main reason i decided to try this in the first place. It reminds me of the olden days, which I love. I hit pan on this because I use this baby so much. Will repurchase over and over!

I just love the novelty of the Smith's tins and the excellence of their products. I have this one, the minted one and the original and this one is my favorite. It is the same great slippery not sticky texture of the other Smith's but has a lovely berry/vanilla scent that is not too sweet and leaves my lips really soft. I reach for it often, but the tin seems neverending. FYI my first Smith tin took me 3 years to get through, so for the price it is well worth it. Only problem is you have to be careful with this stuff in warmer months-it will melt and it leaves a big mess if you aren't careful when opening it.

I love this lip balm! I already have and love the Original Rose, Minty Rose and Strawberry Balms so I had to get Brambleberry Rose. This is a great price, comes in the cutest old-school vintage-looking tin and smells of berries, honey and vanilla. It has a berry/honey flavor. It makes my lips look like my lips but better. Just a hint of tint. It's nice and moisturizing- really soft and nice on. It instantly helped my lips that were just starting to get chappy. I highly recommend this as a cute stocking-stuffer for the holiday season and don't forget to get one for yourself too- I love it and already want back-ups for my purse, by my bedside and everywhere else! So nice.

on 11/7/2007 3:58:00 PM

I love the Original salve, I love the Strawberry Lip Balm, I even like Minted Rose. That being said, even though I enjoy the texture of Rosebud Products, this flavor/scent is NASTY. It tastes like when you visit your grandma's musty, plasticized plants and doily-covered house and she grabs your cheeks and kisses you on the lips. It's decrepit and sick-y and I can't, in good conscience, ever touch it again. That's $8 I'll never get back.

on 10/28/2007 10:42:00 PM

Smells Soo yummy! It's infused with berry, honey, vanilla and shea butter. Has a slight hint of pink shimmer in it. The texture is a little softer than the original Rosebud salve. It's not sticky and just a little dab really moisturizes. I believe it cost $8, the original salve cost $6 and the minted and strawberry version are $7. Would definately buy again, these balms last forever and are my personal favorite.

Top Rated Lip Treatments