Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.8

on 3/20/2013 12:04:00 AM

I adore the warm berry scent of this lip balm. It's not as heavy-duty as Nuxe, but it works well when i remeber to reapply regularly. And I love to apply it while I'm in the bathtub for a moisturizing lip mask. I've even grown fond of the Rudd-daddy tin.

on 7/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

LOVE IT. I wear this DAILY and have for almost four years. People always ask me what I do to my lips when I wear it. I can't figure out why they stopped carrying at sephora, so i always order it online. I love the packaging, as you get a good amount and I like using it out of the tin. The only thing I think is weird is the woman on the front of the tin, but hey, it doesn't affect how great it makes my lips look.

I get compliments ALL the time. This is in my daily regimen with ysl shocking mascara, too faced natural eye kit, dior eyelash primer, dior rose glow blush, and a little bit of liner. LOVE

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

YUM YUM YUM!!! This smells amazing! The great thing is, the scent is so unique that I'm sure you've never smelled anything like it before! It smells like honey, berries, a little rose, and warm vanilla all rolled into one. It's hard to decribe. At first I thought it was a little odd, but now I am obsessed with it! It also has a little hint of pink to give your lips a little flush, but nothing major. Plus, the packaging is cute. It's large enough that it will last you quite a while. I am just obsessed with Rosebud perfume co. I have this one, two of the classic rose one, mint rose, strawberry, and I just ordered mocha rose! So the only one I have left to get is the menthol and eucalyptus, but that doesn't excite me as much.

I love this lip balm so much. I am a little bit obsessed with lip balms but this might be my very favorite. I like the smell, it smells like berries and honey, I LOVE the color, a very sheer pink on the lips, and to me it is very moisturizing, one of the best I have tried. I used to use Aquaphor on my lips at night but now I always use this right before bed and my lips are so soft in the morning. I just love this so much and will definitely repurchase. The tin is so adorable, too. I don't find the balm to be waxy at all, maybe a tiny bit thicker than the original Rosebud Salve, but not waxy, very soft and smooth and wonderful.

on 8/30/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is just as nice as the original but gives a bit more of a pink tinge than a rosey tinge on my lips. At first I didn't like the smell, but now I like it. If the original seemed too perfumey or flowery for you, try this, it is sweeter, a bit berry like (but not Lipsmacker berry).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I just want to start off saying that I am obsessed with this stuff! I don't know what it is about this, but I can do my whole face of makeup and just use this on my lips and it looks amazing! It doesn't feel greasy to me like the original rosebud salve. It feels more creamy and luxurious to me. I love the scent too, it makes me think of berry and honey, with a little chocolate thrown in. I also like the pinky berry color it is in the tin, but I don't see much color when I put it on. Basically, I think everyone should buy this. I bought it from an ebay seller for 5.25, so I don't think its outrageously priced.

Also, here is my review for the original rosebud salve:
I started out with the original rosebud salve a few years ago. Tried it on my lips and wasnt wowed by it, so it sat on my nightstand for a while. At some point, I got the idea to use it on my nose when it was irritated by my constant nose-blowing during a cold. Lets just say I cannot get through a cold without this. I put it all around my nostrils when they start to hurt and turn red, and within minutes they feel better and the redness goes away. There is also minimal peeling.
I dont love the scent of the original that much, but I keep it just for my colds anyway. I also dont like the overly-shiny look it gives my lips, and the consistency seems to contribute to the lack of staying power. However, it did melt down at one point when I 1st got it, so I put it in the freezer to harden it back up. That could be part of the problem. It also works well to keep your lips moist because you have to breath out of your mouth while your nose is stuffed up.

The tin is really really cute! I had to get this! It smells so good, like berries. It gives my lips a really glossy finish, and also slight color. I have really dry lips and this makes my lips feel smooth! I have had this for almost a year and my tin isn't even done yet, so yes, i would totally repurchase again!

on 3/5/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the original Rosebud Salve, so when I saw this at Sephora I decided to try it because of the cute tin. At first I did not care for the smell...but I now agree with some others on here...it grows on you! I now love it, it smells like pie! And it looks very nice on. Love it!

I love, love, love this balm! The color turns out very pretty and subtle on my lips, it's not sticky, it's a bit more fluid than the other Rosebud balms which makes it more glossy and easier to put on (esp. in extreme cold where balms tend to turn rock-hard) ;) I bring my Brambleberry Balm everywhere, and NO I don't think it stinks...my balm smells of roses and berries. I will buy this lipbalm over and over again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product! This is the only balm or gloss that actually HEALS my chapped lips (and I'm talking chapped to the point of bleeding). After applying one time my lips are noticeably better within an hour and pretty much completely better within 24 hours! WOW!

At first, the smell and taste were a little weird to me - not bad, just different - now I love that about this product! It's warm honey with a hint of berries and a touch of roses. It's actually become a smell that I CRAVE now! LOL!

Price is great at $7.00 for a huge tin. Because this is my go-to product (especially in the frigid ND winter right now), I think that I'm actually going to use up a whole tin for once in my life! WOOT! I already have a back-up! :) This is a product I never want to be without!

Oh! Yeah - the lid is nice and secure and doesn't come off in your purse, unlike some other glosses/balms in similar packaging (i.e. on10, Cargo, etc.). YAY!

Almost forgot - besides the nice scent and flavor, my other favorite thing about this balm is the gorgeous tint of color it gives! Most balms don't do that but Brambleberry Rose has a beautiful color - light but definitely there - so you can wear it in lieu of gloss or lipstick when your lips are chapped to let them heal and not feel "naked". :)

Top Rated Lip Treatments